[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

March BG Jackpot Calendar

Comments

• I'll be perfectly frank regarding Gridiron and Champion's Skyring:

Gridiron is getting a revamp soon and we'll focus back on it when it's more relevant (in the hopes it is more relevant, that is)

Champion's Skyring has had too many issues with being exploited for the rewards (mainly via organized throwing of matches), so adding jackpots to them needs to happen on a very shortly timed and monitored basis going forward (if we want to be able to add better jackpots, like I believe this one to be). Feedback is being passed back to the devs to work on that, but for the meantime that's just how it will be. We will try to work on a way to do this (we actually are working on an idea already but requires a CM to help).

All you guys should have done is ban the players with the highest rating for this season, they are hundreds of points above the highest rated players. Aveon's team(usually top rated as far as legit queues go) for instance hovers around 1400-1500 yet some randoms are upwards of 1700, and since not many teams even queue for team 3s it's completely obvious what they're up to. Their scores also indicate they trade wins with a slick 50% win ratio. With leaderboards it would be even easier for players to send in reports since we'd be able to clearly see the names of the players that are abusing the system. Removing the rewards even for a month is a pretty devastating blow for the people who only log in for 3v3, so please don't make this a trend. And please don't gimp the rewards either, that's only going to further shrink the player pool.

Also I want to point out that there aren't many groups queuing for team 3s and most of us know one another, it would be so obvious to us who the exploiters were if we saw a list of players who have queued the battleground. Couldn't you guys at EME reach out to us to sort out this abuse?
  • I'll be perfectly frank regarding Gridiron and Champion's Skyring:

Gridiron is getting a revamp soon and we'll focus back on it when it's more relevant (in the hopes it is more relevant, that is)

Champion's Skyring has had too many issues with being exploited for the rewards (mainly via organized throwing of matches), so adding jackpots to them needs to happen on a very shortly timed and monitored basis going forward (if we want to be able to add better jackpots, like I believe this one to be). Feedback is being passed back to the devs to work on that, but for the meantime that's just how it will be. We will try to work on a way to do this (we actually are working on an idea already but requires a CM to help).

Wait, so the tera PVP community who thrives and really only plays this game for 3's (its a small handful but still a good chunk of people) are getting punished because the GM's couldn't do their, ya know, jobs? And ban people who abused the system? :thinking: If this game has chat logs and trade logs, surely on the dev's side you guys can go back and check games. Or... Monitor them...
  • fkin awesome. EME hasn't done [filtered] this legit in a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.
    ok maybe not that long.
    i fkin HATE grid. [filtered] bg
  • HecroGunnerHecroGunner ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    PrincessV wrote: »
    fkin awesome. EME hasn't done [filtered] this legit in a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time.
    ok maybe not that long.
    i fkin HATE grid. [filtered] bg

S C R E W
    G R I D I R O N

Bring back 3s though and punish the people we reported for feeding numerous times. Don't punish the currently active community just because you can't do your jobs and easily see who's taking advantage of feeding team 3v3.
  • If the jackpot for Champions' Skyring was taken away due to exploits, most likely involving team queue, why wouldn't you just remove the jackpot from team queue and leave it for solo queue? It would be much harder to exploit, considering more people queue solo. Just an idea, but I believe it's a good one.
  • I am mostly a FWC/CS player and i am so happy to see them up there basically every day.. But i still think that maybe the 3s deserved a day out of the entire week? Though i guess that the single day was still not enough with 3s being unhappy that they got only a day in the entire week and then maybe even two days was not enough to satisfy the needs ( unfortunately, i did see with the in chat game that 3s were being abused hard by win traders and also afk players ).

Anyway.. what about coming up with some sort of cap for every character much like guardian missions while at the same time probably not let characters with less than X hours played at level 65 to queue because those are surely not trying to actually do 3s but instead have other motives? If the 3s players want it back then i hope that they are also willing to make a compromise?
  • HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    I am mostly a FWC/CS player and i am so happy to see them up there basically every day.. But i still think that maybe the 3s deserved a day out of the entire week? Though i guess that the single day was still not enough with 3s being unhappy that they got only a day in the entire week and then maybe even two days was not enough to satisfy the needs ( unfortunately, i did see with the in chat game that 3s were being abused hard by win traders and also afk players ).

Anyway.. what about coming up with some sort of cap for every character much like guardian missions while at the same time probably not let characters with less than X hours played at level 65 to queue because those are surely not trying to actually do 3s but instead have other motives? If the 3s players want it back then i hope that they are also willing to make a compromise?

No. Why should the 3's community have to "Compromise" When no one else has to? Tell the GM's to do their damn jobs and ban the people exploiting the game. Don't do a 3 day slap on the wrist "no no don't do that again" BAN THEM. IP ban them. Delete their account. Make it known you won't tolerate this type of behavior. Because all EME is doing now is basically saying "Ah [filtered], well they duped us and made a lot of money. Oh well. Guess we'll just have to take the whole BG down and kill a wing of our player base because these few people did something bad" I'm not cool with that. Ban the mofo's.
  • FezohFezoh ✭✭
    Jesus christ you guys are completely clueless when it comes to keeping your player base active. I'll just chime in and say that, yes, you shouldn't include the jackpot in the Team Q version of Skyring, and keep it in the solo q version. Also, there is no reason to nerf the jackpot when getting +9 is already as hard as it is.

Want people to report the feeders farming team q? Add back leaderboards (which, since rank is still tracked, a UI for leaderboards could be added.), so we can report those who obviously aren't doing genuine team q. The only real team q still going on is guardian queue which was my idea, and like Elinerd pointed out, the highest ratings legit I've seen for Skyring is about 1400ish, which is only rank 10-20, the feeders would easily be seen on Leaderboard. In fact, just bring back Global leaderboards.
  • Tbh idk why people are crying cause 3s, legit people that "Play serious" queue for it whenever, doesn't have to be on jackpot day to queue, all that happens in 3s day is u get trapped cause random people lol
  • Manawalk wrote: »
    Tbh idk why people are crying cause 3s, legit people that "Play serious" queue for it whenever, doesn't have to be on jackpot day to queue, all that happens in 3s day is u get trapped cause random people lol

Because we enjoy 3's like you people enjoy CS. CS is bottom of the barrel PVP. It's a trash BG. FW is slightly better but GL winning a game when you get 10 EQ kids on your team against 10-15 unEQ on the other team. Why should the 3's community be punished because EME can't do their jobs and ban the people abusing their game? If they took out all FW and CS and made it 3's and you ONLY liked doing FW for PVP, you would be upset too. Let people express their opinions on the matter because all we can do is hope that EME gets this figured out, punishes the people who abused it, and gets REAL PVP back into tera.
  • I liked this calendar! ;)
  • xoBarbxoBarb ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Investigating couldn't of been that hard to put an end to the 3s feeders.

"Full idoneal with 0 crystals at 1800?"

"6 accounts all logged from the same IP playing against themselves in team 3s?"

• bot38bot38 ✭✭
    WOOT!!!! TY, TY, TY..
  • Woooo!!! EME and BHS back at it again, ruining the 3v3 scene on Tera since 2014.
  • I’d be fine if solo skyring was taken out of the calendar because people are way too toxic to even make the battleground enjoyable.
This discussion has been closed.