[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Upcoming Changes to TERA Store Items

Comments

• I would never race change from Elin, but this decision is not a good one.
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭✭
    I think a majority of players would rather have the increased EMP prices on these items if it meant we were still able to get our costumes switched over.

This was one element that almost every person who race changed made use of, and is the reason race changing is so popular in NA.

I encourage EME to revert this decision. Keep the increased prices but continue to allow players to get their costumes changed, it's a region specific benefit that everyone on NA prefers over GF/Nexon who already don't change costumes.
  • Nice scam...
  • MoeBunnyMoeBunny ✭✭✭
    Woah seriously?
    was going to race change my zerk but guess im not after hearing this. This really sucks :cry:
  • 6R1MM01R36R1MM01R3 ✭✭✭
    I wonder if they took a minute to think that with this change, the sales of race change vouchers are gonna plummet = less money coming in for them. People won't be buying again all their cosmetics they use with every race change ._.
    They must be severely understaffed to not want to handle this "service" to the playerbase anymore.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    6R1MM01R3 wrote: »
    I wonder if they took a minute to think that with this change, the sales of race change vouchers are gonna plummet = less money coming in for them. People won't be buying again all their cosmetics they use with every race change ._.
    They must be severely understaffed to not want to handle this "service" to the playerbase anymore.

they probably are understaffed and it may be one reason why they are doing this so that they can free up tech support to handle problems with players stuff instead of making someone wait 2 weeks to get something fixed due to having to give someone a costume fix for their race change. im not defending nor am I hating on eme over this.
    I for one don't know why people constantly race change back and forth like some have talked about here. if I don't like a race, I just delete and make a new character. maybe someone can tell me what the appeal is for always changing a race.
  • edited March 2018
    MoeBunny wrote: »
    Woah seriously?
    was going to race change my zerk but guess im not after hearing this. This really sucks :cry:

Well, assuming we can't convince them to change their minds, if you were thinking of doing it and can afford it before the end of the month, you still have a little bit of time now. People should get their race changes in before 30 March if they want to have their costumes changed one last time...

I wish they would buy that argument. The problem is that none of the other regions were doing this, so if it was so obvious that this would make them more money, the other publishers would have decided to do it too. Unless you can argue that our region is so uniquely special in this regard that it only applies to us... but pretty tough sell as far as arguments go.

It seems to me that the only argument is that, despite the cost/work/inconvenience, this is the more customer-focused/customer-centric thing to do, the other publishers are wrong, and EME should feel compelled to find a way (even if it means charging people extra for the special service) to do the right thing by their customers. (Which as far as arguments go is also a tough sell, because it's purely an emotional appeal. But I think that's the real reason to do it.)
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭✭

they probably are understaffed and it may be one reason why they are doing this so that they can free up tech support to handle problems with players stuff instead of making someone wait 2 weeks to get something fixed due to having to give someone a costume fix for their race change. im not defending nor am I hating on eme over this.
    I for one don't know why people constantly race change back and forth like some have talked about here. if I don't like a race, I just delete and make a new character. maybe someone can tell me what the appeal is for always changing a race.

Most people aren't too keen to delete their level 65 characters that have Stormcry gear and costumes. People like change, similar to how people buy multiple costumes sometimes people want to appearance change their character...sometimes they want to race change their character.

The question isn't "is there appeal?" or even "why is there appeal?" It's more of "why can't EnMasse continue to service these requests when they've done so for the past 5 years?" The fact that there's precedent of them allowing this service is why they couldn't make this change without announcing it.
  • EME, your race and gender vouches cease to be useful now. Why even have them in the store at all?

You have provided this service for as long as Tera has existed. I have 23 costumes on my main, and guess what? I am never ever race or gender changing ever.

I am not losing a dozen freaking costumes that I spent actual real money on. So your lowered prices mean absolutely jack. I cannot believe you are doing this. How absolutely [filtered] and I do not say that about you guys, ever.

This isn't a high quality service, it is laziness at its finest. Maybe if you made it like other games so that when you race or gender change the swap is automatic that would be very different. Yet you are not doing that at all.

How absolutely stupid.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    The level 60 scroll should be like the one sold some weeks ago.

As it is right not is not apealing to buy one.
  • DokibunDokibun ✭✭✭✭
    So if I race change BEFORE March 30, I can still have my costumes that I've paid for swapped to characters that can use them?
  • Dokibun wrote: »
    So if I race change BEFORE March 30, I can still have my costumes that I've paid for swapped to characters that can use them?

Yeah that's how I read it.
  • So what you’re saying is if I care about min maxing and keeping the 1 costume I own, I would have to race change to loli now and put in a ticket for a change ahead of time. Unfortunately my costume is cast fem soul bound, and for sorcs best animations is a freaking loli. So.... when is sorc getting the lancer animation fix treatment? Soon pls
  • How about we just leave, will that make your job easy EME?
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheDarkWan wrote: »
    How about we just leave, will that make your job easy EME?

Less players = less tickets to take care of = higher quality service!!
    Seems like a win-win in my eyes...
This discussion has been closed.