Hat Placement

So EU got the Hat Placement with the male Brawler patch, will NA be getting it soon as well? I didn't see it mentioned so far...
For those that don't know what it is, it's a cool new feature that allows you to rotate/resize your head accessories in quite a few ways!
This is the most common example:
364c3d222c91a5c0d50f60bf0314ff.jpg
But here's some creative ones:
Cat cones!
TERA_ScreenShot_20180306_190543.png?width=1070&height=602
Dragon ball references!
TERA_ScreenShot_20180306_230824.png

Comments

• VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    Yes....on the patch...We're getting the exact same patch as EU so we'll be getting it next week
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well..... I didn't see it... mentioned anywhere..... so I'm just asking to confirm it.
    Because EME isn't exactly known for including all the content Gameforge and BHS have =)
  • Well, we all know NA pretty much follows closely with EU's patch, so most likely we'll have it as well, although I don't know why we don't have it explicitly said in the Male Brawler promo page.
    REDDOT wrote: »
    although I don't know why we don't have it explicitly said in the Male Brawler promo page.

This is exactly what's making me a bit paranoid. Seeing how EU mentioned it a few times before even releasing the patch notes because it's a cool little free feature. I'm just wondering why EME hasn't said anything, not even a word of it on the promo male brawler page.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the only thing i am interested in besides the new hairstyles. IT would be a shame that EME do not include this in the patch.
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    This is the only thing i am interested in besides the new hairstyles. IT would be a shame that EME do not include this in the patch.

It's already confirmed to be included....That's even on the promo page.........
    Vinyltails wrote: »

I must be blind but I can't for the life of me see it on the promo page, which is why I made the thread. I followed the news and promo posts pretty carefully, it's just not mentioned anywhere. Pls point me to it as I (and the other posters in this thread) can't seem to find it.
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    Relax, its coming to NA next week. Every server will have it. You need to note that NA usually don't announce their entire update and we rely on ktera to know way ahead in advance.

tldr its coming. dont worry so much.
    CornishRex wrote: »

I must be blind but I can't for the life of me see it on the promo page, which is why I made the thread. I followed the news and promo posts pretty carefully, it's just not mentioned anywhere. Pls point me to it as I (and the other posters in this thread) can't seem to find it.

My comment wasn't for the hat placement, it was for the new hair styles which are very clearly placed in the promo page

Hat placement isn't included in the promo page but we get everything that EU gets as they get the patch 1 week ahead of us (But not regional exclusive stuff that EU tera makes it's own section in patch notes for).

Just look at what EU gets, remove regional exclusive stuff and voila, you have everything we get in the next patch laid out infront of you
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    [...]
    Just look at what EU gets, remove regional exclusive stuff and voila, you have everything we get in the next patch laid out infront of you

THAT's the deal. What do we know to remove? Like, the gender change thingy on male Brawler and Elin Gunner were EU things (male Brawler not) and we got both different.
    Tho obviously we would be getting the hat placement thingy, I was also wondering if it was on this same update or if they would go trollio and put on another one cause reasons. Sounds like something EME would want to promote at least in a small corner of that page, weird that they're not doing it.

About the new hairstyles: I'm eager to see HOW it's implemented. Much high hopes, being ever so slightly crushed by realistic thoughts. The worst part is that I do like some of them, but lack of being able to see in the character creation room makes it really annoying, I can't fine tune a character FOR that hairstyle, IF I get the one I want.

Please En Masse, make some epic miracle unheard of, and change your mind to add them to character creation screen... I might even bother with playing more!
    ElinLove wrote: »
    [...]

THAT's the deal. What do we know to remove? Like, the gender change thingy on male Brawler and Elin Gunner were EU things (male Brawler not) and we got both different.

How? Simple, you remove all regional specifics like events and items listed in the REGIONAL SPECIFIC section that EU patch notes general have and comparing what STAFF have stated from various forum posts (Meaning all 5 people who actually watch and read forum posts and the patch notes already know what's coming even if they ignore Lorri's documents). Stuff revolving around gender changes are completely separate as EME (and lowkey BHS to an extent) uses a VERY SIMPLE TACTIC WHICH IS PLAINLY OBVIOUS to get people to play the "new" class, by preventing gender/race changes and holding an event for it while giving a character slot, making people want to play it for the items and then eventually buy outfits etc for it, giving them money.

About the new hairstyles: I'm eager to see HOW it's implemented. Much high hopes, being ever so slightly crushed by realistic thoughts. The worst part is that I do like some of them, but lack of being able to see in the character creation room makes it really annoying, I can't fine tune a character FOR that hairstyle, IF I get the one I want.

Please En Masse, make some epic miracle unheard of, and change your mind to add them to character creation screen... I might even bother with playing more!

Also about this, we already know. There will be *at least* two types of tokens, one that FORCES you to take a completely random hairstyle and consumes the ticket while the other gives you a RANDOM hairstyle but allows you to pick if you want it or not, before consuming the item. While the promo does show 4 tickets, there is a slight possibility that one allows you to freely pick but i cba to look through that other forum thread on it to see EME's few replies.

Also, the last bit of adding them to character creation is impossible, they're physically coded outside the system so that's up to BHS, which of course won't happen
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    [...]
    Also about this, we already know. There will be *at least* two types of tokens, one that FORCES you to take a completely random hairstyle and consumes the ticket while the other gives you a RANDOM hairstyle but allows you to pick if you want it or not, before consuming the item. While the promo does show 4 tickets, there is a slight possibility that one allows you to freely pick but i cba to look through that other forum thread on it to see EME's few replies.

Also, the last bit of adding them to character creation is impossible, they're physically coded outside the system so that's up to BHS, which of course won't happen

That's too wide assumptions now, saying we KNOW how it works, while K-TERA's and EU-TERA's implementations are both different, and I've been keeping track of this - NO staff member here said anything about that other than "yes we're getting it but I don't have any details to tell" literally every reply they gave. Besides as you mentioned as well, they show 4 different tickets on the promo thingy, and just say it's not available on character creation. No more than this. How the other 2 work we can only assume/hope, we don't KNOW, specially pricing and chances in the RNG case.
    Also the assumption of them being coded outside of the system is also a wild assumption, as we literally know nothing of the actual code running now, let alone future updates that didn't even hit yet. But still, take note I did say it's just hoping for an utopia or miracle, I realistically know it's barely possible for BHS reasons, not code wise just their classic middle finger strategy. Besides it's stated on the promo page they're not available on character creation, my realistic hope is them being added to Dressing Room.
    Also the assumption of them being coded outside of the system is also a wild assumption, as we literally know nothing of the actual code running now, let alone future updates that didn't even hit yet.

But we do.........Lorri (The guy who translates Ktera) said the DAY it came out in Ktera (you know, the BASE GAME THAT GETS PATCHES FIRST CAUSE ITS THE SOUCE AND THEY'RE THE DEVS), that it was purely coded out of character creation. This was pretty much done so it makes people buy the tickets (Spend MONEY) to get new hair styles
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also the assumption of them being coded outside of the system is also a wild assumption, as we literally know nothing of the actual code running now, let alone future updates that didn't even hit yet.

But we do.........Lorri (The guy who translates Ktera) said the DAY it came out in Ktera (you know, the BASE GAME THAT GETS PATCHES FIRST CAUSE ITS THE SOUCE AND THEY'RE THE DEVS), that it was purely coded out of character creation. This was pretty much done so it makes people buy the tickets (Spend MONEY) to get new hair styles

"coded out"
    I don't think we have the same meaning in head now Viny: this can either mean that the code for it locks it out of character creation, even tho it shares the exact same code as any normal hair in the system (which is the most cost-effective programming route), OR: it was coded as a separate code block, outside of the main hair code. See? It can mean 2 vastly different things, which I bet highly on the former. This, in turn, would allow a very, VERY easy way to adopt it into a character creation hairstyle, but this requires BHS to not suck.

I may be the type that reads too much into things, as actually I do know I AM this type, but, it does feel like you're trying as hard as possible to make it look like I'm too stupid for not knowing through all those years of game and a couple on forum, where this game is from and who's Loriri/idi0tic-genius and where the translations come from.
    Being that the case, I would kindly request to pipe it down instead, I didn't say anything utterly idiotic to try to pose it as this, ignore if not in any case, or better, would be a nice idea to review how you word your stuff to not show up as being needlessly a [filtered].

edited March 2018

Being that the case, I would kindly request to pipe it down instead, I didn't say anything utterly idiotic to try to pose it as this, ignore if not in any case, or better, would be a nice idea to review how you word your stuff to not show up as being needlessly a [filtered].

You obviously don't know who i am, If i have something to do, i still straight up say it and not waste my time fluffing it up not to hurt your "Feelie weelies". If you were offended by this then b o i don't spend a day on CH global with me

BACK TO OP

Tl;dr we're getting hat placements, Hair as well, locked outside character creation, hair will probably/99% guarantee will have two tickets that are the "Forced to take random" and the "Decide to take hair or not" ticket (My theory is the 4 tickets on promo are for the 4 races that can use them)

/thread