There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Tuesday (8/21) from 8 A.M. - 11 A.M. PDT

March 13th 2018 Patch Notes - Updated

interior.jpg

Human Males can now be Brawlers.

Increased the maximum number of Character Slots from 18 to 19.

Race Change Vouchers and Gender Change Vouchers cannot currently be used to change Female Brawlers into Male Brawlers.

See the Brawler Page for more information.

Additional information can also be found on the Brawler Events & Promotions Page

Dungeons

Ruinous Manor (Normal/Hard)
The Ruinous Manor dungeon is back, with some balance adjustments:
  • Players can queue for hard mode with item level 446; normal with item level 439.
  • Added Elemental Essence and Wall of Souls Fragments to the loot table.

Thaumetal Refinery (Hard)
  • We made a balance adjustment to the first three bosses.
  • Revised loot table.

Revised loot tables for other dungeons:
  • Thaumetal Refinery
  • Lilith’s Keep (Hard)
  • RK-9 Kennel
  • Sky Cruiser Endeavor
  • Broken Prison

Class Balancing

Ninja
  • Burning Heart only deals 1 strike’s worth of damage.
  • Burning Heart damage increased 3× to compensate.

Warrior
  • Rising Fury only gives 1 edge no matter how many targets are hit.
  • Added Lingering Traverse Cut glyph to increase effect durations for party members.
  • Reduced glyph cost of Lingering Traverse Cut glyph that affects self only from 2 to 1.

UI

PvP Leaderboards
  • There’s a new icon on main menu; or use (ALT+L) shortcut to access.
  • Covers Fraywind Canyon, Corsairs’ Stronghold, and Champions’ Skyring.
  • Must compete in 5 or more battlegrounds in a season to check your current ranking for that battleground.
  • Rankings will reset with this update.

Hat Stylers
  • Added a Restyle Hat function in the Dressing Room.
  • Saving changes for restyled hats consumes a Hat Styler item.
  • Specialty Store Merchants now sell Hat Stylers to allow you to change size, position, and angle of hats.

Added confirmations for when you use a superior (gold) rarity skill book or design.

Optimized UI to improve frame rate in dungeons and open world.

Added a notification to players above level 30 if a crystal slot is empty.

Update March 14th 2018
There has been a Welterweight Brawler Box tooltip correction. The Box delivers an Elite Status Voucher (7-day). The Tooltip incorrectly listed Elite Status Voucher (15-day).

Update March 14th 2018
Federation Gem Crate localization fix. It's name had been changed unintentionally to "Surprise Loot Box 22".

Hair Style Coupons
  • More information will be announced, however the Hair Style Coupons will not be available today.

Gear Enchantment and Upgrade
  • While Enchanting and Upgrading Guardian Gear and Twistshard Gear, we significantly reduced the amount of Gold, Golden Talents, and Silver Talents required, while increasing the amounts of other materials required to enchant and upgrade.
  • This change did not effect Enchanting and Upgrading Frostmetal Gear or Stormcry Gear.

Misc.
  • Increased gold rewards for Corsairs’ Stronghold and Fraywind Canyon.
  • Updated some early story quest flows.
  • Players can now fly from Velika to Crescentia at level 10 and to Lumbertown at level 13.
  • Added Rally BAMs to Civil Unrest: Velika.
  • Removed set effects from accessories and gear.

Bug Fixes
  • Various localization fixes.

Update March 13th 2018
Fashion Coupon Store - The following items have been removed.

Exclusive Tab :
Summon NPC: Monti
Summon NPC: Phargo
Summon NPC: Schwab
Summon NPC: Dimon
50% Reputation Boost (5 Hours)
50% Gold Hunter Boost (1 Hour)
50% Gold Hunter Boost (5 hours)
30% XP Boost (1 Hour)
30% XP Boost (5 Hour)
Village Atlas

Leather Tab:
Noctenite Scythes - Same style Weapon Skin as Passionate Phoenix Scythe.
Drunkard's Overcoat - There was a duplicate Drunkard's Overcoat.

Metal Tab:
Noctenite Powerfists - Same style Weapon Skin as Frostmetal Fists.

Cloth Tab:
Noctenite Shuriken - Same style Weapon Skin as North Star skin.

One additional change to the Exclusive Tab of the Fashion Coupon Store
Apothecary Dye - Instead of being removed from the Fashion Coupon Store, the price will be adjusted to 1000 Fashion Coupons.

Comments

• edited March 13
    what about the new hairstyles? :) I'd like an update to the post regarding emp prices and such, thank you! :)
  • " Gender Change Vouchers cannot currently be used to change Female Brawlers" why? why u guys do that? why??
  • DzerkDzerk
    edited March 13
    This isn't a new class.

This isn't a new dungeon.

You literally do not even briefly touch on how the new hair system will work. The ONLY thing that is really new. HOW RNG will the new hair styles be..? Will they come in loot boxes? Or will you answer all of our prayers by letting us choose the hairstyle we want like an appearance voucher? Please tell us about how much and how we will obtain the new hair
  • @CobaltDragon this is for only guardian to twist

Gear Enchantment and Upgrade
    We significantly reduced the amount of Gold, Golden Talents, and Silver Talents required, while increasing the amounts of other materials required to enchant and upgrade.
  • " Gender Change Vouchers cannot currently be used to change Female Brawlers" why? why u guys do that? why??

All race locked event are like that dont you pay attention to post even in ktera it was like this. Elin gunner example no race changes then why now.
  • SelenyaSelenya ✭✭
    edited March 13
    Explanations for new hairstyles (from Tera EU) :

Use the "Meruma's Hairstyle" or "Meruma's Magic Hairstyle" voucher. You can trade Fashion Coupons for them or buy them in the TERA Shop.
    Now you will see a preview of the seven hairstyles that are available for your character.
    Click "Confirm". A hairstyle will then be chosen at random and a voucher removed from your inventory.
    Meruma's Hairstyle (available for Fashion Coupons) immediately applies the new hairstyle. From that moment, you will be restyled and will have this hairstyle until you repeat the process or use a voucher to change your appearance.
    Meruma's Magic Hairstyle (available in the TERA Shop) allows you to choose whether you want to apply the new hairstyle immediately or keep your current one. The voucher is used in either case.

(https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/detail/preview-the-male-brawler)
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭
    I think the Ninja change could be better worded.

Burning Heart can now only hit once per activation, but each hit causes triple damage.
  • Selenya wrote: »

Use the "Meruma's Hairstyle" or "Meruma's Magic Hairstyle" voucher. You can trade Fashion Coupons for them or buy them in the TERA Shop.
    Now you will see a preview of the seven hairstyles that are available for your character.
    Click "Confirm". A hairstyle will then be chosen at random and a voucher removed from your inventory.
    Meruma's Hairstyle (available for Fashion Coupons) immediately applies the new hairstyle. From that moment, you will be restyled and will have this hairstyle until you repeat the process or use a voucher to change your appearance.
    Meruma's Magic Hairstyle (available in the TERA Shop) allows you to choose whether you want to apply the new hairstyle immediately or keep your current one. The voucher is used in either case.

Why wasn't this included in the post? Why do we have to keep getting information from other publishers and from those who translate information from KTera?

But other than that, I hope the UI optimization and revitalized loot tables will spice things up.
  • ViticksViticks ✭✭
    edited March 13

This really pisses me off =/
    Spend 300k on keytrap sets to my chars and know it was reduced to nothing...
  • In EU tera they spin some wheel to get the choose your hair magic ticket. (RNG)
    Each hair ticket is also 9,999 fashion coupons
    So I'm wondering if the prices are different or the same.

I appreciate your reply @Selenya but since I hope this company takes a different and less money-hungry route I would like an official answer from one of the staff, verifying the information. This is obviously NOT EU Tera. @CobaltDragon
  • Viticks wrote: »

in ktera it was annouced a while back should have heard it somewhere on discord it was going. I made sure I reminder every month in discord about it was coming. Set bonus are gone it was the plan that they had in mind.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope I ain't getting overhyped for that UI optimization thing for no reason!
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭
    Dzerk wrote: »
    In EU tera they spin some wheel to get the choose your hair magic ticket. (RNG)
    Each hair ticket is also 9,999 fashion coupons
    So I'm wondering if the prices are different or the same.

I appreciate your reply @Selenya but since I hope this company takes a different and less money-hungry route I would like an official answer from one of the staff, verifying the information. This is obviously NOT EU Tera. @CobaltDragon

KTera has the coupons as cash shop only, EU decided to use the fashion coupons for them, NA has not mentioned how they will work so yes we do need an official response but I doubt we'll get one until you can just see in-game how they will work....yay EmE.
    Viticks wrote: »

As mentioned by @TOLOVERU it was adjusted on JTera and then KTera a few weeks ago so you've had a fair amount of time, also honestly it should've been expected they would adjust past sets so they weren't better than the new content...same thing happened with Hyderad and older healer acc to force healers to use crit sets. Why would BHS keep old gear as BiS?
  • Noobsloth wrote: »
    Selenya wrote: »

Why wasn't this included in the post? Why do we have to keep getting information from other publishers and from those who translate information from KTera?

But other than that, I hope the UI optimization and revitalized loot tables will spice things up.

We have not yet announced how we will be selling and/or distributing the hair coupons. This will be announced separately.
  • ZcopycatZcopycat ✭✭
    edited March 13
    Is ninja actually getting stronger or just having the way that skill works altered? Ninja and sorcerer are the weakest classes - why isn't sorc getting the adjustments mentioned in the essential mana post linked previously? If you really want to balance classes, increase crit rate on ninja's burning heart / circle of steel and make sorc's meteor crit glyph let it always crit for the poor people with 300+ crit factor.

Also for the enchanting changes - as written it sounds like only items with talents will have those reduced (but darics and plates??) while all enchanting materials are increased. Is this how it is meant? Or for the base gear only...
    We *really* do not need an increase on emeralds/diamonds required for enchanting and stormcry mats already are basically only acquired through metamorphics - copper clasps are so rare. Not to mention the whole halved vg thing hurts getting them from iod... Really FM mats should drop starting in 431 and SC in 439 and it greater quantity than they are right now - and yet the opposite, more mats required, is what's happening? I agree that something needs to be done about the inflation of gold talent prices, but an increase in required mats past guardian is so not necessary they're hard enough to get as it is. I'd prefer to see the drop rates of gold talents increased in dungeons to give more people motivation to run those instead of farming legion / iod solo being the optimal thing to do.