Game map is horrible!

PLEASE change the UI map that was used! Fire all responsible parties involved in its design! Is by far the worst UI map I've ever seen in a MMO. Just use the one from the PC version. That is honestly my only complaint ...other than that, great job!

Comments

• Wi2ardWi2ard ✭✭✭
    It barely useful. I agree the minimap needs some work.
  • VoidBlueVoidBlue ✭✭✭
    Lol everyone actually complained about the mini map during the technical test.

It was huge and literally took up half the screen. So they put in this sexy smaller one in the upper right corner and it's sexy and I love it.
  • VoidBlue wrote: »
    Lol everyone actually complained about the mini map during the technical test.

It was huge and literally took up half the screen. So they put in this sexy smaller one in the upper right corner and it's sexy and I love it.

agreed. small is key unless i can remove it all together.
    would love to see more customizable UI all around though.
  • DemonaxDemonax ✭✭
    That was the first thing i notice too
  • Brucey4Brucey4 ✭✭
    being able to make the mini map spin with the direction your looking would be nice
  • Wi2ardWi2ard ✭✭✭
    My problem with it is mostly how long it takes to track my direction. It feels 'laggy'.
  • That so the game doesn't lag. It doesn't constantly track. Updates every second
  • The maps are horrible dont they even come with waypoints? I'm trying to get to the main area tried teleporting but cant seem to see where the location is. Even tried the quest tracker. Please add some sort of waypoint or marker.
  • Half the time the maps don't show where to go or how to get there .
  • If it doesn't show where u are then how can u get where u want ? Maps suck
  • UmysnuunUmysnuun 5rmapbloomjuice ✭✭
    i play cleric, i realized that the maps aren't forboding enough as they give away too much information and they leave no mysteries or encouraging dates to pick from, the bounties, and treasure and monsters aren't particularly noted or introduced in the games introductions and homescreens, and theres no themes or avatars due to influence new commers, maybe you should make a new class based on enemies after all theres plenty of examples.
    Other features i look foward to on the map is the use of the tough, touch plus tilt controls in the playstation, and android phonefeatures in the future if posible simple with a musical thenody and sound effects when you move or click, alot of small details are not filled in, the actual game needs these things compared to zelda and other rpg teras map looks premature, although good.
    maybe if some of the water areas were deeper and if it was affected by day and night cycles, the clock ticking or animations and background music for the games menus with soft boops and notes acording to the feel and charicatures in the game you could make players reach unlockables and customization or purchasable features for the options menu and xmb.
    movement in the map is a little simple and it feels rusty, so if you can make it more fun, maybe add some snappy shortcuts and background music to start.
    then :astonished: you are on your way to original game ideas.
    the games menus dont look great or impresive, please have some music or animations or cartoons that match the opticals. this way everyone can relate and understand each menus, theres no music or sound effects often i got confused and bored about finding cool things to do in the menus and options, there wasnt much, i feel that videogames should be serious about making every aspect playable or atleast enjoyable down to the tittle, this is why streetfighter is fun, because its not complicated or too realistic win or lose, i say the best thing terras maps and menus can get is perfumed music and kindled art for now, the rest will take along time.