New Hairstyles

Comments

• edited March 2018
    I was looking forward to this today! I want my Babydoll Sucker Punch hair :D Haha any idea when it will be released?

My goal is to have the non-RNG versions released next week. Planning around how the RNG versions could be distributed is ongoing. But basically, the non-RNG will be released to the cash shop, the RNG will be added as rewards in game via events or some other distribution occasionally.

Ah. RIP hopes then.
    "Events or some other distribution occasionally" - and that's for the RNG version, while the non-RNG is bound to cash shop.
    So either wait for God to handle you a rng token that will ruin your character as it forces you to wear a random hairstyle, or open your wallet and get em at wish.

I see.
    It happened the same with footsteps, cheapest one will be, like, 200k in TB makin' it out of reach for a great half of the playerbase who does f2p.
    But while footsteps are somehow cosmetics, hairstyles should even be an in-game function, EU got em in the FC store even if for an high price (but that's justified), while we get the Nth cash shop cosmetics.
    I wouldn't see the point of even puttin' em in patch notes if they were supposed to end up like a costume or accessory.

But I guess money always win, so be it...
  • @IIIKudryavkaIII what?... You realize this game has been RNG guided since the very first days, no one likes RNG, most of the playerbase would rather pay x2 the amount of something just so it's not RNG, yet you complain because you are able to get it in-game but the cash shop item is 100% guaranteed? People like you create controversy between the playerbase and the company making it worse for the majority whom dedicates a lot of time or money in this game.
    Why are you even complaining? They're going out of there way to make it so that we can pick hairs without rng.. EU has to RNG for the hair.. Even the "Select your hair" coupon. I feel bad for the staff because of idiots like you, they will never have a win-win situation.
    This is a step in the right direction yet here you are complaining. No, they will not be 200k because THEY ARE NOT RNG.... The footsteps were from Loot Boxes.
    Thank you EME for negotiating with your players and finding a good solution to this problem. We appreciate your hard work.
  • edited March 2018
    sannydemon wrote: »
    @IIIKudryavkaIII what?... You realize this game has been RNG guided since the very first days, no one likes RNG, most of the playerbase would rather pay x2 the amount of something just so it's not RNG, yet you complain because you are able to get it in-game but the cash shop item is 100% guaranteed? People like you create controversy between the playerbase and the company making it worse for the majority whom dedicates a lot of time or money in this game.
    Why are you even complaining? They're going out of there way to make it so that we can pick hairs without rng.. EU has to RNG for the hair.. Even the "Select your hair" coupon. I feel bad for the staff because of idiots like you, they will never have a win-win situation.
    This is a step in the right direction yet here you are complaining. No, they will not be 200k because THEY ARE NOT RNG.... The footsteps were from Loot Boxes.
    Thank you EME for negotiating with your players and finding a good solution to this problem. We appreciate your hard work.

I didn't call you idiot or insulted any1, so I don't see your need of being disrespectful. Suit yourself, be polite please.
    Either you're being naive on how things are going to settle, or you really only wanted to attack some1 bc Idk, you were bored or something, not my problem anyway x)

Time will tell, for now, I'm going to tell you that if and when hair style coupons are going to appear in TB, they won't be cheap (around 50k would still be cheap, maybe... probably not, but I'm being comprehensive) and like I said, it'd be k for a new costume/accessory but not for a functionality that many other games offer for small/free; thing is, Tera char customization is really poor, if they were going to help in makin' it a bit more variegated, that's not the right way to deal with it imho.
    They could've added it in FC store or directly in the merchant store like they did with accessory styler, that'd have been fair.

Not going to force you believing otherwise, but maybe you're just too used to changes constantly lowering the QoL to be disappointed by a fake "win-win."
  • ShiroJirachiShiroJirachi ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    I was looking forward to this today! I want my Babydoll Sucker Punch hair :D Haha any idea when it will be released?

My goal is to have the non-RNG versions released next week. Planning around how the RNG versions could be distributed is ongoing. But basically, the non-RNG will be released to the cash shop, the RNG will be added as rewards in game via events or some other distribution occasionally.

Ah. RIP hopes then.
    "Events or some other distribution occasionally" - and that's for the RNG version, while the non-RNG is bound to cash shop.
    So either wait for God to handle you a rng token that will ruin your character as it forces you to wear a random hairstyle, or open your wallet and get em at wish.

I see.
    It happened the same with footsteps, cheapest one will be, like, 200k in TB makin' it out of reach for a great half of the playerbase who does f2p.
    But while footsteps are somehow cosmetics, hairstyles should even be an in-game function, EU got em in the FC store even if for an high price (but that's justified), while we get the Nth cash shop cosmetics.
    I wouldn't see the point of even puttin' em in patch notes if they were supposed to end up like a costume or accessory.

Yes of course money is always going to win. Do you think these people work for free? This is just some hobby that they do on a weekend or for fun? These people need to be paid just the same as any other working person in America. So my question is, you have a game that is free to play, free to download, and you're complaining about them making things you have to shell our real money for?

They have to make a buck somewhere, and since Tera is now f2p, this is how they have to make that buck. My only confusion is why you don't seem to understand that rather simple concept? I mean if you are so set on getting these things, grind gold like the rest of us, it's not hard to get gold anymore it just takes actual doing.

I just can't understand people who seem to whine about wanting something for free, but don't seem to understand these people have families to feed too. You do not, under any circumstances, have to buy these cosmetic items. They are strictly optional.
  • I was looking forward to this today! I want my Babydoll Sucker Punch hair :D Haha any idea when it will be released?

Ah. RIP hopes then.

I see.

Yes of course money is always going to win. Do you think these people work for free? This is just some hobby that they do on a weekend or for fun? These people need to be paid just the same as any other working person in America. So my question is, you have a game that is free to play, free to download, and you're complaining about them making things you have to shell our real money for?

They have to make a buck somewhere, and since Tera is now f2p, this is how they have to make that buck. My only confusion is why you don't seem to understand that rather simple concept? I mean if you are so set on getting these things, grind gold like the rest of us, it's not hard to get gold anymore it just takes actual doing.

I just can't understand people who seem to whine about wanting something for free, but don't seem to understand these people have families to feed too. You do not, under any circumstances, have to buy these cosmetic items. They are strictly optional.

Nah you and your friend up there missed the point.
    It shouldn't be considered as a cosmetic, but as some in-game functionality, like accessory styler.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let's also not just take a dump on all hopes and assume directly that the RNG version is auto-apply. I'm happy with an RNG in-game obtainable that you use the voucher, generates random hairstyle to your race, cannot trade the generated hairstyle, but you can decide to discard it. I'm OK with this, as we've just been told that there will be a 100% sure chance one on market.

Yes, obviously it can always have it's caveats but I'm not hoping the worst. An in-game obtainable RNG + sure chance cash shop one sounds way more fair than what costumes have been for a while (RNG only dyeable one + sure chance normal only, no in-game version unless with luck some event)
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭✭

Ah. RIP hopes then.

I see.

It shouldn't be considered as a cosmetic, but as some in-game functionality, like accessory styler.

BHS still spent money and time to make the new hairs and the accessory styler. The accessory styler was free, but they opted to sell the hairs. No one wants to purchase hair. Yet, it's not uncommon in MMOs (it's prominent in Vindictus, Maplestory, etc.) to be able to purchase "premium" hair.

They're just trying to make money off their work. It's not absurd by any means, just inconvenient.
  • Pages wrote: »

Ah. RIP hopes then.

I see.

BHS still spent money and time to make the new hairs and the accessory styler. The accessory styler was free, but they opted to sell the hairs. No one wants to purchase hair. Yet, it's not uncommon in MMOs (it's prominent in Vindictus, Maplestory, etc.) to be able to purchase "premium" hair.

They're just trying to make money off their work. It's not absurd by any means, just inconvenient.

More than inconvenient, I'd say unfair - "premium" hair, hah. Ofc I assume it'll be expensive and affordable by a small amount of ppl.
    How do they say? Trusting is good, not trusting is better, and till now it's not like EME gave us any good reason to trust the fact they care more about ppl than money, considering the 2 things are deeply related but no1 seems to get this simple statement: better QoL, more consideration = more players therefore more sales for em.

I'd never buy an hair style for 200k, not bc I can't afford 200k but bc I can't afford to buy such a stupid thing for that much.
    You can spend 10k dollars for a car, but you won't spend 10k dollars for a golden coffee cup, unless you're filthy rich and you want every1 in the bar to know that.
    But for 1 or 2 whales comin' to buy your golden 10k coffee cup, there's 10k ppl leaving the bar bc you're asking your customers to pay 10k for a fkin' cup of coffee lol

That's my line, agree with it or not, this is how I see things here and that's how I expect things to go.
  • MeningitisMeningitis ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Non rng hair in the cash shop is fine imo, it's like buying an appearance changer. As long as there is NO rng involved (meaning you get to pick the exact hair you want using only 1 hair changer).

• StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    Agree to buy just no rng in any way pls.
  • *If* the hair changer gets to have the same price as an app change voucher, then it's fine.
    But then again, can you really count on this?
  • DokibunDokibun ✭✭✭✭
    *If* the hair changer gets to have the same price as an app change voucher, then it's fine.
    But then again, can you really count on this?

I don't think it should be the same price as an appearance change. Maybe 500 emp.
  • I'll say this much - I was not comfortable releasing the RNG version of the boxes for sale - the delay in releasing them is directly tied to the decision to NOT release an RNG hairstyle coupon to the cash shop.

love u
  • Still no hair?
  • I would kill for a nice long hairstyle for females. Something like the long hair human females got with brawler release