[TERA PC & CONSOLE] One week left in Summerfest, Part 1: Festival of the Sun! Part 2: The Beach Bash kicks off August 11. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Server is down?

124»

Comments

• edited March 2018
    KR4FYL4LAE wrote: »
    Heya, since I'm not sure Edlin is also from EU, i'm just giving it a go..
    I'm having the same issue as Edlin with the "unable to unzip manifest" message.
    With the cmd command i get: 206.248.168.162
    I had something else with 88 before, but it probably is because of adding that ip to the host file.
    I am from EU by the way, I disgust p2w so this is the only option to try out the game :D
    And it seems i cant set a username, so rip me..

Well first, just to be absolutely sure, you're from the EU, but are you playing the EME (North American) version of the game, or the Gameforge (European) version of the game? If you're playing the Gameforge version, I'm afraid none of the fixes here will work, and you'll have to check the Gameforge forums or contact their support for help. (There probably actually is a similar workaround that could be done, since the technology is similar, but I don't know the technical details for EU.)

If you are playing on the EME servers from the EU, and the fixes described still don't work, then the best is to contact support. Send them the launcher.log file from your install folder, and the results of the diagnostic you run from the Tools section of the launcher.
  • edited March 2018
    I had something else with 88 before, but it probably is because of adding that ip to the host file.
    I am from EU by the way, I disgust p2w so this is the only option to try out the game :D

Well first, just to be absolutely sure, you're from the EU, but are you playing the EME (North American) version of the game, or the Gameforge (European) version of the game? If you're playing the Gameforge version, I'm afraid none of the fixes here will work, and you'll have to check the Gameforge forums or contact their support for help. (There probably actually is a similar workaround that could be done, since the technology is similar, but I don't know the technical details for EU.)

If you are playing on the EME servers from the EU, and the fixes described still don't work, then the best is to contact support. Send them the launcher.log file from your install folder, and the results of the diagnostic you run from the Tools section of the launcher.

I want to try and play the EME version, since the Gameforge/EU version is p2w, so yes i have the EME version.
    Alright, i'll try and figure out the things you mentioned and send them to them.
    I don't have an install folder yet though, since i am only able to download the launcher so far.
    By the way, you're doing a great job helping the community, you deserve a medal haha ^^
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭

I want to try and play the EME version, since the Gameforge/EU version is p2w, so yes i have the EME version.
    Alright, i'll try and figure out the things you mentioned and send them to them.
    I don't have an install folder yet though, since i am only able to download the launcher so far.
    By the way, you're doing a great job helping the community, you deserve a medal haha ^^

Gameforge is much better than eme right now. EME started having it's fair share of p2w as well (gem boxes). Turn around while you can and play in the region that gives you better ping. Gameforge has devs that actually care about this game and try to make it better not just by cash shop/lame events. They're not held on tight by a leash like BHS does to EME and seem to have more freedom. They're also not understaffed nor are they bothering with console version and scamming console players with founder packs and false advertising hue. If I haven't been playing this version for 3 years I would've moved to EU in a heartbeat.
  • edited March 2018
    CornishRex wrote: »

Gameforge is much better than eme right now. EME started having it's fair share of p2w as well (gem boxes). Turn around while you can and play in the region that gives you better ping. Gameforge has devs that actually care about this game and try to make it better not just by cash shop/lame events. They're not held on tight by a leash like BHS does to EME and seem to have more freedom. They're also not understaffed nor are they bothering with console version and scamming console players with founder packs and false advertising hue. If I haven't been playing this version for 3 years I would've moved to EU in a heartbeat.

Oh... Sooo now both are p2w now lol. Cool...... Well then the decision is much easier, then i'm also gonna go with the better ping.. Mess around a bit until i get bored of stuff or getting rekt by p2w victims. Thanks for your advise ^^ So lovely that all the games are (becoming) p2w these days! :-1: (said no one ever)

Edit:
    Ayyy, the EU client works in one go ^^
This discussion has been closed.