[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Head start info / Release date

2»

Comments

• Xbox is going to be a mad rush to buy a founders pack and start downloading the new client ASAP to get your character names.
    Everything comes at once, founders pack, new client to download and the servers going live.
    I download at around 70MB a sec which is decent for my country (UK) and I'll be ready at 5am my time with coffee in hand good to go :)
  • ZazaajiZazaaji ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    oEASYLIFEo wrote: »
    Xbox is going to be a mad rush to buy a founders pack and start downloading the new client ASAP to get your character names.
    Everything comes at once, founders pack, new client to download and the servers going live.
    I download at around 70MB a sec which is decent for my country (UK) and I'll be ready at 5am my time with coffee in hand good to go :)

70MB a sec or 70Mb a sec? BIG difference. Either way you look at it though, both are much faster than the average NA internet.
  • I really dont see the bad thing about being behind unless you a rush through everything player. Secondly being f2p not always a choice since people do have bills and etc to pay for and these packs were announced late af
  • 70 megabyte, 1000 of them is a gigabyte.
    UK upload speeds are terrible though, I'm on 70 down 5 up.
  • Like im not one to raise hell or be negative at all, infact ive been super involved in getting others into this to make tera a amazing experience for all on console... I just dont respond well to unfairness, i mean who does? and thats precisely what this feels like to the xbox community.
  • Wi2ardWi2ard ✭✭✭
    Like im not one to raise hell or be negative at all, infact ive been super involved in getting others into this to make tera a amazing experience for all on console... I just dont respond well to unfairness, i mean who does? and thats precisely what this feels like to the xbox community.

It may have been out of their hands. Why wouldn't they have treated the XBox release like the PS4 release if they could have?
  • > @Wi2ard said:
    > TheUntamedWrath wrote: »
    >
    > Like im not one to raise hell or be negative at all, infact ive been super involved in getting others into this to make tera a amazing experience for all on console... I just dont respond well to unfairness, i mean who does? and thats precisely what this feels like to the xbox community.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It may have been out of their hands. Why wouldn't they have treated the XBox release like the PS4 release if they could have?

It "may" be. Thats why im inquiring about it on the forums, because logically if they opened the servers at the same time for both tera betas on both platforms, it makes no sense as to why they couldnt for the most important one of all.. Release.
  • edited March 2018
    > @Wi2ard said:
    > TheUntamedWrath wrote: »
    >
    > Like im not one to raise hell or be negative at all, infact ive been super involved in getting others into this to make tera a amazing experience for all on console... I just dont respond well to unfairness, i mean who does? and thats precisely what this feels like to the xbox community.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It may have been out of their hands. Why wouldn't they have treated the XBox release like the PS4 release if they could have?

It "may" be. Thats why im inquiring about it on the forums, because logically if they opened the servers at the same time for both tera betas on both platforms, it makes no sense as to why they couldnt for the most important one of all.. Release.

I'm not sure I'm quite understanding the issue you're alluding to, exactly. The Xbox One version of the game launches first at 0:00 EDT (12am) tonight. The PS4 version launches a few hours after that at 4:00am EDT in EU, and 8:00am PDT in NA.

If they opened the servers at the exact same time worldwide, it wouldn't make any difference to anything, as all Xbox One users have to download the game at launch anyway. (PS4 users also have to download at launch, unless they kept the OBT client, which will need to patch.) The only way to fix this problem might have been to do a preload, but that's a separate issue from the launch timing.

The servers for different consoles or regions don't talk to each other in any way, so there's no advantage/disadvantage to whichever one starts first.
  • Wi2ardWi2ard ✭✭✭
    Well said, counterpoint.
  • Malos1979Malos1979 ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    What I don't understand is the following [filtered] that it seems enmasse still has going on:

The prices for the US

Prices of Founder's Packs in NA should be as follows:
    Founder's Pack = $29.99
    Founder's Pack Deluxe = $59.99
    Founder's Pack Supreme = $99.99
    Founder's Pack Ultimate = $149.99

In the EU we are getting exactly the same prices but in Euros so for example the founder pack deluxe is $59,99 is €59,99.

$59,99 is in fact €48 !!! WHAT THE [filtered] ENMASSE? Trying to con the EU people? And don't give me the VAT [filtered] story

Not sure what I should think of this, they also priced the Elite Status €14,99 which is more expensive than any other MMO out there, not sure if they want a dead game very early on or they just trying to cash in quickly. $14,99 = €12,50
  • ZazaajiZazaaji ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    EDIT: Sorry, this was just posted without thinking.
  • DAGHL5XALM wrote: »
    What I don't understand is the following [filtered] that it seems enmasse still has going on:

The prices for the US

Founder's Pack = $29.99

In the EU we are getting exactly the same prices but in Euros so for example the founder pack deluxe is $59,99 is €59,99.

$59,99 is in fact €48 !!! WHAT THE [filtered] ENMASSE? Trying to con the EU people? And don't give me the VAT [filtered] story

Not sure what I should think of this, they also priced the Elite Status €14,99 which is more expensive than any other MMO out there, not sure if they want a dead game very early on or they just trying to cash in quickly. $14,99 = €12,50

While I won't speak to the Founders pack prices...

You're dead wrong about the cost of Elite status.

$14.99 for Elite is the norm for many MMOs.

ESO
    FF XIV
    Neverwinter
    STO

Heck even Dark Age of Camelot stil charges that and that game, old as it is, is still alive.

But I do agree that the FP prices seem a bit high... Though I'm still buying either lvl 2 or 3, lol.
  • Malos1979Malos1979 ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Vaydren wrote: »
    DAGHL5XALM wrote: »

The prices for the US

Founder's Pack = $29.99

ESO
    FF XIV
    Neverwinter
    STO

Heck even Dark Age of Camelot stil charges that and that game, old as it is, is still alive.

But I do agree that the FP prices seem a bit high... Though I'm still buying either lvl 2 or 3, lol.

You have no clue what I'm talking about do you? Read my message again........

It's the currency difference between $ and €

The norm might be $14,99 in the USA but the USA isn't the only country in the world, in Europe the norm for monthly fees are €12,99
  • Vaydren wrote: »
    DAGHL5XALM wrote: »

The prices for the US

Founder's Pack = $29.99

ESO
    FF XIV
    Neverwinter
    STO

eso did not come with much benefits :angry:
  • I may be slightly late to the party here, but despite how much the EA prices are, they aren't too bad if you break them down and compare them to what you'd pay in consideration to that you get in it. Granted, I did this when Dauntless (was both still good in farming quality and fun with friends) had their Founders set up, but all in all $10 in EMP aside from another what.. $10 in keys, $10-15 mount maybe more, and then the pet.... Well I'll gray area that cause I've never spent EMP on pets. Either way, I had to debate on spending into the packs, though I expected them rounded about half their costs originally.

Now, I did kinda wanna poke at the whole Xbox/PS4 releases without spamming a couple different messages about it. Basically, I find that to decide how things are leased has to go through Microsoft and Sony. As such, I'm certain they both had different conditions of releases and playing to be allowed on their platform (or perhaps i'm over thinking, in which case, ignore my ranting cause I can be an idiot with a double-edged sword type opinion). Also, I don't know if this had just been for PS4 and not Xbox or for both, but I had never deleted my OBT app as I assumed it was purely the servers being OBT and then the new servers would replace them. A couple days after, I had noticed the icon changed with a small update so I can now I guess confirm or assume the update was additional add-on's, bug fixes, and misc. things to turn it to the regular app.

Lastly, light jab at the Elite status... You pay less for that a month if you choose to than most Pay-to-Play games like WoW and such charge on a monthly basis. Soooooo... There is that. I've done E-status once or twice before hour dips and real life needs made me unable to keep going plus burning myself out like I do in every game ever, so I do love the bonuses, but all-in-all, it's honestly not needed in a game like this unless you got referred by friends and they're power crushing lv. 65 raids while you're struggling to pull through BoL or SM.

Apologies for a blocky post like this. Few years of text based rp sites funnels your typing so much differently when you look at other things. Anyways, love the game, oozing excitement to get into this console playing again, and as a healer main, always open to practice to be more competent in my healing!