General Class Guide

Comments

• TLXTLX ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    FooJabi wrote: »
    Zerker ****
    Castanic ****

• Do you know when the new classes are coming out the ninja the Gunner and the valkyr me and my friends are just wondering :)
  • M7M4CCD9J6M7M4CCD9J6 ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Vifts, nice job, its a little vague but the draft is a solid read for new players and to keep this game alive on console we need people doing things like you. To chime in, I ran in one of the top progression guilds on pc untill a few months ago. Now that this game is on console, well its time to take over again. Few things first guys, PS4/console does not have the player base to support this many servers, that being said the game is losing players due to the fact that there are not enough skilled players per server to take a 417 and put it on farm status. Enmasse hasnt really addressed this issue so if you are serious about being in a frontline progression group you either need to join the top guild on your server"very few guilds on console period have nightmareLK and RM on farm status" or switch servers to join a progression guild. For those on Thulsa, Ethereal Legacy is Prob the only guild that has solid statik groups that can one pull just about anything including the new LKnightmare. As im sure youre all aware this game has an insane progression tree that even with insane players, min/maxing your toon takes weeks. But when you play the game with frontline/progression players its something else, a different game entirely. But to join in on the discussion, Brawlers are very viable end game, they can MT anything (ofcourse not as good as a statue lancer, shield hiding sissys) they are the best off tanks period, and a savage brawler will give your deeps a run for their money. If youre tanking as a beserker it should only be bc your grp is so far ahead you dont need an actual tank, zerks are dps. Mystics are infact prefered in the 417s over priest (plus their awakening WTF so good)due to the buffs they bring, a savage mystic (im looking at you Nonam) is every bit as good as a priest and can heal juuuust fine. Ive seen mana mentioned a few times, there is no class right now except a sorc with high atk speed that can drain there mana quicker than battle solution and regen abilities keep it full and even then the sorc has ways to manage. Again guys I cant stress this enough if youre trying to get better, join a frontline guild, a real one. There is a savage dividing line right now across all console servers, about 70% of players are stuck in 410s and its sketchy everytime they go into one, 20% are stuck on 417s and have yet to even clear one. 5% managed to get a clear or 2 but lacalith and NightLilith still stump them most of the time, and less than 5% actually can go in and guarantee a clean clear...the highly skilled players are to spread out to even help themselves. And unless more frontline/progession players group up to set a standard we're in for some rough updates... 422RM next week. Should be savage ;)

Loch
    Thulsa
    Ethereal Legacy
  • IppikiIppiki ✭✭
    Imma take this quick opportunity to copy/paste my guild ad disguised as a “helpful” tip here in this thread too, it’s not like everyone hasn’t seen it 50 times already.
  • M7M4CCD9J6M7M4CCD9J6 ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Lol as you take time to complain about it. Go cry to your momma slick.
    Ive seen to many jaded crybabys complaining about guild recruitment all the while crying about not having a grp.
    Youre not trying to help players or bring the community together, just hoping someone will give you attention. Wrong place snowflake, go snack on a tide pod while the adults are talking.
  • IppikiIppiki ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Oh yeah, your guild sure sounds pleasant and helpful.

I don’t need to start a guild, or join your guild, because I found one that does 417s. It is incidentally, not the top guild on the server because it does not, incidentally, have 100 members who mostly get ignored padding out the content.

You aren’t helping the community with this poorly disguised ad for your guild. Posted over and over and over again.

I could start my old guild up if I ever run out of stuff to do in this one. It was btw a lot more helpful than yours, I’m downright positive of it.

https://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/tempest-reach/topics/Bloodlines-endgame-trainingprogression-is-recruiting-again?page=1

Guild is long dead for 2+years so don’t bother laughing at me for posting a guild ad.

I found one that’s run on similar promises. The top guild on our server? Ignored us from day one and kicked us out on day three because we did not follow a stupid rule of “you must make an introductory post on our forum.” A rule I was not aware of but would have incidentally made me /gquit if I was, because that level of micromanaging people ain’t something I want to be fussed with.

I was already breaking the rule of “no alts in other guilds” because when you are looking for a home, you tend to want to try a bunch of potential guilds out.

The introductory post insisted I must list all my alts to boot. A guild so scared of other guilds and inter guild drama is a silly, silly guild.

Not saying yours does that but this post is obnoxious when you’ve seen it over and over already.
  • Nothing is poorly disquised slick, of a 92 line post, you cry bc there was 7 lines about EL and getting players to join eachother. Your response lacks any sense and is clearly a jaded response to a post that not only addressed a huge issue that many are having but also urged players to grp, to push the hardest content, and yes recruit those interested with a similar mindset to join me.
    I would continue but i actually feel you on the guild thing, and ive been there done that, thinking back to the apps i had to fill out, trial periods, parse checks.... just to play a game with a certain grp of players, just rediculous.
    The guys that start those guilds (and ofcourse im guilty of this in my younger years) are more worried about ascerting their authority then anything else and think having rules somehow makes them Elite. Its not exactly wrong, its simply a childish understanding of leadership, believing that if people follow the rules youve set that this somehow validates your position and ability as leader. Those are elitist cults, very common in the mmo comunity and give frontline guilds a bad name. Lol but the fact that you met one of these grps somewhat justifies your response. Lol those rules are actually pretty funny.
    Anyone ignorant enough to believe a rediculous set of rules will be of any assistance is not suited to lead himself, let alone other players.
  • ViftsVifts ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    M7M4CCD9J6 wrote: »
    Vifts, nice job, its a little vague but the draft is a solid read for new players and to keep this game alive on console we need people doing things like you. To chime in, I ran in one of the top progression guilds on pc untill a few months ago. Now that this game is on console, well its time to take over again. Few things first guys, PS4/console does not have the player base to support this many servers, that being said the game is losing players due to the fact that there are not enough skilled players per server to take a 417 and put it on farm status. Enmasse hasnt really addressed this issue so if you are serious about being in a frontline progression group you either need to join the top guild on your server"very few guilds on console period have nightmareLK and RM on farm status" or switch servers to join a progression guild. For those on Thulsa, Ethereal Legacy is Prob the only guild that has solid statik groups that can one pull just about anything including the new LKnightmare. As im sure youre all aware this game has an insane progression tree that even with insane players, min/maxing your toon takes weeks. But when you play the game with frontline/progression players its something else, a different game entirely. But to join in on the discussion, Brawlers are very viable end game, they can MT anything (ofcourse not as good as a statue lancer, shield hiding sissys) they are the best off tanks period, and a savage brawler will give your deeps a run for their money. If youre tanking as a beserker it should only be bc your grp is so far ahead you dont need an actual tank, zerks are dps. Mystics are infact prefered in the 417s over priest (plus their awakening WTF so good)due to the buffs they bring, a savage mystic (im looking at you Nonam) is every bit as good as a priest and can heal juuuust fine. Ive seen mana mentioned a few times, there is no class right now except a sorc with high atk speed that can drain there mana quicker than battle solution and regen abilities keep it full and even then the sorc has ways to manage. Again guys I cant stress this enough if youre trying to get better, join a frontline guild, a real one. There is a savage dividing line right now across all console servers, about 70% of players are stuck in 410s and its sketchy everytime they go into one, 20% are stuck on 417s and have yet to even clear one. 5% managed to get a clear or 2 but lacalith and NightLilith still stump them most of the time, and less than 5% actually can go in and guarantee a clean clear...the highly skilled players are to spread out to even help themselves. And unless more frontline/progession players group up to set a standard we're in for some rough updates... 422RM next week. Should be savage ;)

Loch
    Thulsa
    Ethereal Legacy

I completely agree with how the playerbase has handled clearing content and even I've stopped playing the console version after the release of RMH because there was not enough players capable of clearing it with me and my friend. I even re-rolled my guile to warrior tank in order to make group finding easier and it honestly was not much easier because there aren't enough DPS capable of clearing the content.

However, I don't think guilds are the problem or even related to this issue there just isn't a big enough player base for each server to have enough skilled players to clear content at all times during the day if at all. In my opinion there should just be less servers but I'm not sure how the game is currently as I've not played in at least a month maybe two.
  • CPCLK5D3FECPCLK5D3FE United Kingdom ✭✭
    > @Vifts said:
    > Due to console TERA bringing in a lot of newer players I decided to write up a quick summary of the classes in TERA to help give these newer players a better understanding of what separates them from each other. This is a rough draft and most likely will need editing due to the fact that I have not played every class at its fullest potential so feel free to provide your feedback on what needs to be added or changed.
    >
    >
    > TANKS
    >
    > Lancer:
    > class: Utility Tank
    > Lancers provide utility for the group and can absorb the most damage overall. They have a self-heal and shielding ability to further ensure their survival. Resolve is generated through attacking and is used for blocking so it is important that they build enough attack speed to be able to get hits on a boss between blocking.
    >
    > Brawler:
    > class: Damage Tank
    > Brawlers provide the least utility to a group however they can offer a damage output similar to having another DPS. In contrast to Lancer and Warrior having Resolve, Brawlers block with the use of Mana and have a rage bar that is used to sustain their Growing Fury. This allows for higher damage and blocking during the use of abilities.
    >
    > Warrior:
    > class: Evasion Tank
    > Warriors provide both utility through endurance debuffs on bosses as well as high damage but requires the most skill or practice getting accustomed to the class. Skilled warrior tanks will often outclass most Brawlers however there will always be an argument that a Lancer provides more for the group.
    >
    > Berserker:
    > class: Damage Tank
    > Berserker tanks are not as popular of a choice for players due to lack of utility like Brawlers however they are much more difficult to play due to having less damage output and few invulnerability frames to dodge. While weaker, Berserker tanking can be quite fun and unique and is definitely an option for players who wish to play the class as it can function as both a DPS or a Tank depending on the situation.
    >
    >
    > DPS
    >
    > Warrior:
    > class: Melee DPS
    > Warriors output a consistent stream of DPS due to their ability to easily stick to the back a boss through an arsenal of mobility skills. They are the most challenging class to learn with the highest skill cap but can be very rewarding as a skilled warrior will often always be a top DPS class capable of keeping up with newer classes on release. Warriors deal damage by generating up to 10 Edge stacks and using Scythe to consume the stacks for a massive crit. ~45% of a Warrior's total DPS comes from Scythe so the faster you are at accumulating edge, the more damage you are doing.
    >
    > Slayer:
    > Slayers are similar to warrior in the sense that their damage revolves around an ability resetting its cooldown. They are considered more of a burst DPS class somewhere in the middle between a warrior and a berserker as they offer the mobility of a warrior however their damage comes from bursts of powerful overhand strikes.
    >
    > Berserker:
    > Berserkers have 2 core charge-up abilities that deal massive damage and use filler skills in between those main cooldowns. Slow moving at first, but as they progress they become quite fast. The main challenge for Berserkers is their lack of invulnerability frames so movement and positioning is important for survival. Berserkers have a Block that can be used to tank some damage however their block is noticeably weaker than a tank and can often be killed through it.
    >
    > Ninja [NOT YET AVAILABLE]
    > Ninjas have the most consistent DPS similar to warrior in that they have a lot of rapid attacks and have an easy time sticking to the back of a boss due to lots of high mobility skills. They are also the only class that makes use of their auto attack in a rotation aside from the gunner. Ninjas have a simple rotation that is easy to learn however they are punished very easily if you make mistakes as they are a cloth armor DPS class so they can't take a hit and rely entirely on their mobility to avoid damage.
    >
    > Valkyrie: [NOT YET AVAILABLE]
    > Valkyrie is the most recent class added to TERA so it is no mystery that their damage is among the best currently. Similar to Slayers, the Valkyrie class is very mobile yet bursty. Most of Valkyries skills rely on using skills that reset Leaping Slash cooldown which chains into Ground Bash and Glaive Strike. Valkyries also have Ragnarok which is a rage mechanic that is essentially a combination of a Brawler's Growing Fury, Lancer's Adrenaline Rush, and Reaper's Shadow Reaping. Shining Crescent is a Valkyries core DPS skill as it yields 30-50% of their overall dps. Valkyrie is essentially a hybrid between a Warrior and a Slayer with a fun rage mechanic further increasing damage potential.
    >
    > Reaper:
    > class: Melee / Mid Range DPS
    > Reapers have a consistent DPS output like Warrior relying on Grim Strike cooldown resets and attack from both melee range and at a distance due to the long range of their skills. In order to create a Reaper you must have another character on the same server of at least level 40 due to Reapers entering the world at level 58 near end game. Certain notable mechanics in dungeons can be avoided completely by the use of a Reaper’s well timed Retribution skill. Extremely low endurance is made up for by having high mobility and fast attacks.
    >
    > Gunner: [NOT YET AVAILABLE]
    > class: Ranged DPS
    > Gunners are a ranged DPS class that deals consistent damage by resetting the cooldown of Arcane Barrage and using Burst Fire with their adrenaline once its full. Gunners are the most capable at “burning” a shield phase due to both Bombardment and Balder’s Vengeance being able to unload massive damage in a short period of time at the cost of Adrenaline and have the most burst in that regard.
    >
    > Archer:
    > Archers are capable of both consistent damage and burst damage because they do not have a set rotation. Instead, they use mostly priority to decide what ability to use next which makes them an easy class to learn. When given a clean opportunity for back crit damage, Archers prioritize skills like Thunderbolt and Rain of Arrows and focus on using Rapid Fire when those skills are on cooldown. Radiant Arrow can be used while moving to reposition if necessary as it is a charge ability with high burst damage and should be used when Rapid Fire is on cooldown. On top of this versatility, Archers feature a reasonable amount of Area of Effect from Rain of Arrows and their traps which can be a serious threat in PvP battlegrounds like Corsair’s Stronghold.
    >
    > Sorcerer:
    > Sorcerers are sustain DPS oriented as they have a lot of fast casting abilities like the Warrior. Sorcerers have a lot of Area of Effect abilities which make them incredibly good at clearing mobs or in mass PvP such as Corsair’s Stronghold Battleground. A well placed hailstorm from a Sorcerer can prevent melee DPS classes from attacking or defending a location such as the gates. Sorcerers also have a fair amount of utility such as a targeted “Sleep” which can immobilize players and monsters alike on top of great defensive abilities like Mana Barrier and Stone Skin. Warp Barrier is an additional invulnerability frame given to Sorcerers to help reposition behind bosses as well as restore some mana. This skill allows for Sorcerers to be much more mobile than the other ranged classes.
    >
    > HEALERS / SUPPORT
    >
    > Priest:
    > Priests are considered the support class with the most healing. Priests have several large Area of Effect healing abilities as well as a targeted heal. Kaia’s Shield allows for Priests to grant their party a massive shield to protect them from a boss mechanic or during PvP. Cleansing debuffs is also significantly easier on Priest because it is a wide AoE that cleanses everyone inside the circle. While they are focused on big heals, the Priest still comes with abilities such as Mana Charge with provides the party with mana and Energy Stars which grants the party Attack Speed and Damage buffs while attacking a boss. Triple Nemesis debuffs a bosses endurance further increasing party DPS. Before combat or after resurrecting a party member Priests can give buffs that grant movement speed, endurance, and hp recovery.
    >
    > Mystic:
    > Mystics are the support class with a more unique kit which includes the use of motes which are orbs thrown out on the ground that depending on the color, blue or red, will restore mana or health. Mystics have a targeted cleanse and cannot cleanse themselves so they need to pick up their own motes to cleanse themselves. In terms of healing, Mystics have a targeted heal like Priests but otherwise rely on their party to pick up their healing motes themselves or if they are positioned well they can use their Boomerang Pulse and heal a large amount. Mystics also differ from Priests because they have Auras instead of Buffs that only work if you are in the same area as them and don’t have a time limit as they drain the Mystic’s mana instead. The most important Mystic auras are the mana regeneration and crit factor auras which grants the party a lot of mana regen and doubles their crit factor which is an immense damage increase. When paired with a Priest, the Mystic aura can often provide more overall DPS than if an actual DPS were in their place. Mystics focus mostly on debuffing targets and can deal additional damage with corruption ring to restore even more of your party’s mana. Solo play as a Mystic is also much easier than a Priest due to their natural damage output and on top of this they can summon thralls which aid them in combat and can even tank BAMs by holding aggro.
    >
    >
    > For more in-depth guides or analysis go to EssentialMana

Just to let you know mystics don't have to pick up an orb to cleanse, when they cleanse the party they automatically also cleanse themselves.
  • ok i see a lot people talking
  • > @Doomz said:
    > guys, i started play yesterday with the Mystic and the Warrior, mystic felt great. While the warrior, i had problems killing stuff easily. Anyone having problems with the Warrior ? not sure if its me or not.

Yep. Damage is vastly inferior to even lets say reaper for some reason and i'm getting combos interrupted on a regular basis myself... the whole edge thing and moveset is halfdecent for tanking in my experience but i really can't confirm the damage he's appearently doing on pc.
  • Y9FPAMNMYY wrote: »
    > @Doomz said:
    > guys, i started play yesterday with the Mystic and the Warrior, mystic felt great. While the warrior, i had problems killing stuff easily. Anyone having problems with the Warrior ? not sure if its me or not.

Yep. Damage is vastly inferior to even lets say reaper for some reason and i'm getting combos interrupted on a regular basis myself... the whole edge thing and moveset is halfdecent for tanking in my experience but i really can't confirm the damage he's appearently doing on pc.

Assuming warrior hasn't had the edge revamp yet because after that they are easily top dps. Warrior is high skill high reward in terms of tanking. Also, people on PC aren't just saying to not use skill chains because they're making fun of new players to get good. Default skill chains on warrior make the class obsolete because of how bad it will make your rotations, especially on console. You really shouldn't be pressing the same button twice to perform any action be it charging -> blade draw or blade draw -> scythe it is always going to be better to map those skills to another button if that is the problem you're having. Combos shouldn't really interrupt on their own however there is a way to interrupt it with a reaping slash if you perform combative strikes too close together on console.
  • jinxkunjinxkun California ✭✭
    this is a great overview of the classes but i would advise updating the non-existing classes when they come out, ie: the gunner is already out and the ninja will be coming out some time this month. this will help players know what to look for when they see a class they like. say they wanted to play the gunner but since its "not out" theyre like "oh man now i cant play it" but when/if they log in the game, they see that they can indeed play the gunner and their mindset for what they want to play is completely knocked off course. thanks ^3^
  • jinxkun wrote: »
    this is a great overview of the classes but i would advise updating the non-existing classes when they come out, ie: the gunner is already out and the ninja will be coming out some time this month. this will help players know what to look for when they see a class they like. say they wanted to play the gunner but since its "not out" theyre like "oh man now i cant play it" but when/if they log in the game, they see that they can indeed play the gunner and their mindset for what they want to play is completely knocked off course. thanks ^3^

Thank you for the reminder. I haven't played on console for quite some time now for a bunch of reasons so I hadn't been up to date on what is currently released.
  • jinxkunjinxkun California ✭✭
    its okay, the ninja just came out two days ago too so you might wanna edit that soon hehe ^^'