[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

No cross platform?

I know we are all excited but I have some questions.

Is there cross platform between the ps4 and Xbox?
Will it be implemented soon after?

The big question is: After the hype is over, will we have enough people for end game?

Truth is, people who have consoles have a lot of other games to play.
It might start taking hours instead of minutes getting Into an instance matching.

Comments

• edited March 2018
    Cross-platform play between XB1 and PS4 is impossible due to politics. (At the moment Sony won't allow it, likely because it would benefit Microsoft more than Sony to get a larger playerbase, given Sony's console lead.) I'm sure, like almost all the game makers who've commented about it, they'd love to do it if it were allowed.
  • K4TDCYEPR6K4TDCYEPR6 ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    There is no crossplay and if other MMO's on console managed to have a healthy player base i don't see why Tera couldn't do it, it's not like the MMO library on console is massive.
    Cross-platform play between XB1 and PS4 is impossible due to politics. (At the moment Sony won't allow it, likely because it would benefit Microsoft more than Sony to get a larger playerbase, given Sony's console lead.) I'm sure, like almost all the game makers who've commented about it, they'd love to do it if it were allowed.

True, back during the last console gen the main reason why FF14 didn't come to the Xbox 360 is because Microfsoft refused crossplay with PSN and PC players.
  • oEASYLIFEooEASYLIFEo ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    ESO does just fine 2 years or more after release with no cross platform.
    However they only have 1 server for EU and 1 server for NA shoving everyone together, very active and popular game though.
  • K4TDCYEPR6 wrote: »
    There is no crossplay and if other MMO's on console managed to have a healthy player base i don't see why Tera couldn't do it, it's not like the MMO library on console is massive.

It's true there isn't a big selection of MMOs.
    but I worry because I think with Tera you have a certain level of commitment to the grind.
    If you don't have the equipment/dps/skill we are wiping.
    We need enough people to at least attempt to commit after the game has been out for months.
  • simitsimit ✭✭
    Guess i must be only person on console that has zero interest in cross platform