[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/17 at 8am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Apothecary dye?

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to use this? Can't figure out for the life of me how to dye anything with it...

Comments

• ZazaajiZazaaji ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    You need to go to some NPC in Velika..... Sadly I forgot which one. It's not like Guild Wars 2 where you can dye whenever you want.
    This was wrong. Continue reading.
  • > @Zazaaji said:
    > You need to go to some NPC in Velika..... Sadly I forgot which one. It's not like Guild Wars 2 where you can dye whenever you want.

Ok thank you!
  • ZazaajiZazaaji ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Aecklas wrote: »
    > @Zazaaji said:
    > You need to go to some NPC in Velika..... Sadly I forgot which one. It's not like Guild Wars 2 where you can dye whenever you want.

Ok thank you!
    Apparently I was wrong..... On PC you just Right click - use it or something. The equal to that on Console is Triangle/Y click it, but the only option is "Destroy" in that case. Sadly I have no idea how to use it, it seems. I am now very curious myself.
  • AecklasAecklas
    edited March 2018
    Well crap. Yea been looking all over velika and can't find anything so I'm pretty confused myself. @CobaltDragon would love some clarification on this if you could please!
  • Bump hoping for an answer!
  • I just went through every single menu and button combinations I could find trying to use one, and nothing worked. Seriously, surely someone knows this by now.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zazaaji wrote: »
    I just went through every single menu and button combinations I could find trying to use one, and nothing worked. Seriously, surely someone knows this by now.

On PC version you need to remove the piece you want to dye and then drag and drop it into the apothecary dye window. Did you make sure of that?
  • DatGeekDatGeek ✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Zazaaji wrote: »
    I just went through every single menu and button combinations I could find trying to use one, and nothing worked. Seriously, surely someone knows this by now.

On PC version you need to remove the piece you want to dye and then drag and drop it into the apothecary dye window. Did you make sure of that?

That is kind of the point. There is no option to 'use' the dye. The only option you get it 'destroy', and you can't drag items across menus or windows on the console version.
  • DatGeekDatGeek ✭✭✭
    Forgot to add that the NPC that is supposed to let you dye your gear is not even in the game on the console. You got the dye merchant but the NPC which is supposed to stand next to it is missing.
  • simitsimit ✭✭
    Yeah i tried for awhile in beta but gave up, the only conclusion i could think of is it is half implemented an if thats the case dye needs took out the cash store until a fully working system is in place, why even put dye in a cash shop without the system in place an fully working is beyond me, its like selling mounts but saying sorry no riding yet or costumes an saying sorry no costumes window.

I'd understand more, dyes being not available due to the system not working than taking ppls money knowing they can do nothing but destroy what they purchased.

This sounds harsh i know but if they cant fix it like yesterday it needs took out altogether before the full ftp release an more ppl start dumping money into items of absolutely no use, it will be bad for En Masse and bad for Tera an noone wants that

The exscuse of "it will get fixed" will be no exscuse to ppl buying dyes of a store for real cash
  • DatGeekDatGeek ✭✭✭
    Well, apparently, costume bought directly through the store are not dyeable..

Basically, if you want a costume that you can dye, you have to use the gambling boxes.
  • ZazaajiZazaaji ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    @CobaltDragon - People are buying Apothecary Dyes off the cash shop for real money now and absolutely no one seems to be able to figure out how to use it.
    We really need help here.

@DatGeek - That stinks but as I, you, and others have pointed out, there seems to be no option to dye regular armor either. So...... :/

simit wrote: »
    The exscuse of "it will get fixed" will be no exscuse to ppl buying dyes of a store for real cash
    I agree entirely on that point too, especially considering it's even in the store's Featured Items to increase the sales.

• DatGeek wrote: »

Basically, if you want a costume that you can dye, you have to use the gambling boxes.

Are you sure you picked the dyeable costumes ? Since i bought one which said "dyeable" and i could just dye it fine. You have to de equip it thought then triangle or i guess Y on xbox on the item and it should say dye.
  • DatGeekDatGeek ✭✭✭
    JeroenXP1 wrote: »
    DatGeek wrote: »

Are you sure you picked the dyeable costumes ? Since i bought one which said "dyeable" and i could just dye it fine. You have to de equip it thought then triangle or i guess Y on xbox on the item and it should say dye.

You can't buy dyeable costumes directly. Dyeables are only in the loot boxes..
  • ZandanxZandanx ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    JeroenXP1 wrote: »

You can't buy dyeable costumes directly. Dyeables are only in the loot boxes..

Correct, and your point is... what? You can dye the Fashion Coupon skins, and to be honest... those look better than any cash shop outfit (aside from swimsuits!), at least on Castanics. =)

I do understand the confusing and angst, if Dye option isn't working, but I think it is?