[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Egg Finding Event Issues

2»

Comments

• PORQUERIA DE EVENTO.REPITO PÓRQUERIA EVENTO
    HAGO MAS COSAS FARM DUNGEON FACILES
  • 6R1MM01R36R1MM01R3 ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to what "amazing" idea they come up for the anniversary events...
  • edited April 2018
    The egg event was asѕ, end of story. But the Turbo mode thing or whatever, was good i guess.

They should've done like Spacecats did... You get a token, you exchange it for whatever you want instead of relying on RNG drops (i know, the token drop rate was rng but still, you weren't needing a truckload of tokens on the Spacecats event, and the mobs weren't impossible to find unlike those eggs, and you could farm strong bravery/canephoras in the mean time)

Or bring back the double VG... I miss that so much.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    I hope they bring back the blue box event, because that was time consuming, but it was fun. If you took the time, you were able to get loads of rewards, which people like me enjoy. Also, there wasn't a lot of competition, because you could hunt any time of day and the boxes were continuously spawning.

This whole "ruining the economy" complaints are what's ruining the game. EME doesn't have to worry about the hoarders or market whales going anywhere. They are glued to the game already, and most don't pay much if any cash into the game. EME needs to worry about bringing in casual players. You know, the ones that don't have time to grind and pay 65k gold for something they can buy in the store for $10. It's people like that who are happy with things like the Mongo Event. Even my kids were having a blast, which encouraged me to buy them some outfits and such. Then, the whole backlash came and people started realizing that there are some people demanding that they control the game, because they control the economies.

Now, even simple accessories are going for 30k on my server. People start playing, see how expensive everything is for gold; see how the events don't offer much other than temp items and leave for another game more fun. Believe it or not, most people don't join games hoping for a grindfest for decent gear and cosmetics. The events WERE fun, because you could earn items that you could then turn around and sell (if needed) for a bit of gold to get better gear and so on. Half of the stuff the market whales are selling are items they grabbed up during events. Making everything untradable is just playing right into their hands. If you want to make something untradable, you should make Elite scrolls untradable and unsellable. At least that would force the market whales to actually have to pay real cash to have hundreds of items constantly on the brokerage.
  • Personally i think the problem with the easter egg hunt event was that there were no notification that the event already ended/ or all the eggs have been found in each round.

If im not mistaken, the eggs were only spawned by a handful number. So when several lucky people found several of the eggs, the whole hunt may actually had ended in less that an hour. And that leads to most of the egg hunter to roam aimlessly looking for the eggs that already claimed by other player.This hunt is different during the mongo boss hunt, where people keep track of the numbers.

But all in all, it was ok for me. I got some flower step, some mount skill books, and the hairstyle coupon.
    =)
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    the whole hunt may actually had ended in less that an hour.

I think that's a really optimistic outlook. With maybe a few exceptions, I doubt the hunts actually lasted much more than 5 minutes.

• I was able to get the Elsa hair style which i like a lot ( the idea of giving us only four options to RNG instead of seven was nice ).
  • FaunBaitFaunBait ✭✭✭
    I searched for 4 hours and never even seen 1! Extremely unlucky? Maybe. But it really was a waste of time.
  • BabbelsimBabbelsim ✭✭✭
    Only the first 5/10 minutes of every 2 hours where fun, the rest of the time wasn't really worth it
  • 6R1MM01R36R1MM01R3 ✭✭✭
    The current staff sucks at making events so yeah, without Spacecats around to make good events we will keep getting this garbage in the future.
  • Good event steps:
    1 - Put a lot of monster with small prizes like feast, nocs, gold talents, silver talents, entropics, etc. Something useful, not useless 3 days cosmetics, and a few monters with good prizes;
    2 - Spawn all around the world in every corner, hole, caves;
    3 - Spawn during all day, so that way everybody can have fun hunting, even oversea players;
    4 - Put some tokens to exchange for goodies, so we can choose what we want without the rng;
    5 - Take every feedback about the events from players, to improve the next one.

If the prizes are reasonable we don't need worry about economy balance ( never do what they did with mongo event), the amount of gold that old players can do hunting is about the same if they are doing other contents in the game. Other point to notice is that new players can enjoy huntig while lvling up and can make a good amount of gold to gear up and reduce the gap between old and new players. But the key motive of doing this events is to do something different. I have a really fun time just travelling the world, because it's really beautiful.