[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] The Awakening update (v84) is now live on all console servers! Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/v84notes

EME's practices, lack of communication, and false advertising already leading to people being warned

I only bought the $60 pack so I don't feel too bad, although having an account bound title and mount should have been included even at that tier. Having said that, check this article on massivelyop.

You already lost one customer that will simply not try the game on consoles, and (s)he? is now warning people away from joining, going as far as to compare Tera to MHO. Massivelyop is a pretty popular MMO site. Having people badmouth the game there is not something you should ignore.

Furthermore, not having account bound items, nor listing that Temper is only claimable once is just plain deceptive. Check the founder pack page. Click on Temper. Now click on other mounts, see the wolf is the only one that doesn't say he is only claimable once.

Next up, your original page listed that Elite gives daily EMP, this has now been changed. Combined with the mount above seemingly claimable for everyone on your account, it almost had me buying the $150 pack as well. Thankfully I held off after people started reporting that nothing is claimable more than once.

Finally, why does a character slot unlock only give you an additional character slot on that server?

EME, I get it, you made a mistake and copy pasted some things into the founder packs. But mistakes like these should be honored; not simply fixed on the web site and ignored. Word of mouth is pretty important for a game, and you could be generating a lot of positive press if you at least communicate with the players and tell us if these so called founder packs will be fixed at a later time to include at least an account wide title and mount.

Comments

• Sounds like you need to learn how to read before you buy
  • XxTATTOOxX wrote: »
    Sounds like you need to learn how to read before you buy

What is this i don't even.....

I gave you evidence with screenshots that EME literally changed what was written on their page after they started selling these packs.

You should take your own advice about the reading bit.
  • AkiraGekidoAkiraGekido ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    > @XxTATTOOxX said:
    > Sounds like you need to learn how to read before you buy

Aren't you supposed to be on eso UwU
  • Tommy1980 wrote: »
    XxTATTOOxX wrote: »
    Sounds like you need to learn how to read before you buy

What is this i don't even.....

I gave you evidence with screenshots that EME literally changed what was written on their page after they started selling these packs.

You should take your own advice about the reading bit.

Lowkey. I was waiting for you to give somebody that sick burn since I actually read the post.
  • 9GNKNCEH439GNKNCEH43 ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    The one thing I see EME at fault in particular here, are differing founder pack descriptions. While the less expensive packs stated the characterbinding of included mounts precisely, that statement were not included in the most expensive founder pack. So attending readers comparing offers were led to a wrong conclusion that the “temper“ mount would differ from the other ones and not be characterbound. That product differs from its description and customers are eligible for complaint to complain about a faulty product which withheld information prior to purchase.

That missing sentence makes the contract for the most expensive pack contestable.

Everything else is within how a company is allowed to operate and cannot be contested.
  • Isnt the emp thing kid of a big deal? You could report to sony/Microsoft i bet
  • DatGeekDatGeek ✭✭✭
    WDC5WTD53J wrote: »
    Isnt the emp thing kid of a big deal? You could report to sony/Microsoft i bet

The daily EMP is a HUGE deal and is probably one of the main reason a lot of us bought the founder packs.

They claim that it has to do with Microsoft CERT. Well, that's pure BS as EMP is account bound store credits and are server side, not client side.

DCUO, ESO and other mmorpgs on the console have daily as well as monthly premium currency benefits for being a subscriber, so i'll call BS on this as often as i possibly can.
  • I agree. The lack of communication is a severe oversight on EnMasse's part. A simple Twitter update would suffice... but no. They can't even bother to offer us any insight into what's going on.
  • Ill look at ways to report this when i get home tonight and post the info. Twitter/reddit/sony/microsoft combo eill make an impact
  • WDC5WTD53JWDC5WTD53J ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    Can you retitle this thread so its a little more succinct?
  • Wi2ardWi2ard ✭✭✭
    DatGeek wrote: »

The daily EMP is a HUGE deal and is probably one of the main reason a lot of us bought the founder packs.

They claim that it has to do with Microsoft CERT. Well, that's pure BS as EMP is account bound store credits and are server side, not client side.

DCUO, ESO and other mmorpgs on the console have daily as well as monthly premium currency benefits for being a subscriber, so i'll call BS on this as often as i possibly can.

They probably have a line or two in the user agreement that they can change whatever they want without notice.
  • Wi2ard wrote: »
    DatGeek wrote: »

They probably have a line or two in the user agreement that they can change whatever they want without notice.

Doesn't make it any less scummy and potentially illegal.
  • What a joke some angry entitled as$hat jumps online and cries about a game? They has happens with every game ever released.

And no that website isn't popular, its no more popular than mmorpg and they both are just a bunch of angry old school gamers.

Nobody is going to listen to some as$hat crying about a video game on some random website.
  • > @VampyreAlchemist said:
    > Wi2ard wrote: »
    >
    > DatGeek wrote: »
    >
    > WDC5WTD53J wrote: »
    >
    > Isnt the emp thing kid of a big deal? You could report to sony/Microsoft i bet
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The daily EMP is a HUGE deal and is probably one of the main reason a lot of us bought the founder packs.
    >
    > They claim that it has to do with Microsoft CERT. Well, that's pure BS as EMP is account bound store credits and are server side, not client side.
    >
    > DCUO, ESO and other mmorpgs on the console have daily as well as monthly premium currency benefits for being a subscriber, so i'll call BS on this as often as i possibly can.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > They probably have a line or two in the user agreement that they can change whatever they want without notice.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Doesn't make it any less scummy and potentially illegal.

Oh go do the millenials thing and start a petition, maybe threaten a lawsuit. Nothing they did was " illegal ". Kids like you should really stay in school.
  • WDC5WTD53J wrote: »
    Can you retitle this thread so its a little more succinct?

Just did, is this better? Otherwise, I will take suggestions. I just wanted to bring attention to this.