[TERA Console] Patch notes for the upcoming v85.01 Update are now available. Preview all of the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85
[TERA PC] Patch Notes are now available for TERA's 64-bit update (v97). Check out all the changes coming on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] Summerfest Part 2: The Beach Bash is on from August 11 until September 1! Participate in event activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

EME's practices, lack of communication, and false advertising already leading to people being warned

Comments

• edited April 2018
    I think you're more frustrated than the people who feel they wasted money on this game.
    How is asking for communication synonymous with being a millennial? It seems there is a much more deep-rooted issue than just this.
  • Selling a mount without describing it as characterbound is not legal in any country on this planet.
  • 9GNKNCEH43 wrote: »
    Selling a mount without describing it as characterbound is not legal in any country on this planet.

That's not exactly the issue. And just... no.
  • 9GNKNCEH439GNKNCEH43 ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    A prior poster made a determined statement about legality and I responded to that. As far as I can read the title says this thread is about false advertising which equals contestable contracts by definition. Someone only can be hold accountable for his advertising, if a contract has been made.

So I do not see why my post would not apply to the issue or in which way you would be entitled to decide, whether my post belongs here or not.
  • CG6M5EL9MNCG6M5EL9MN ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I knew going into this that the Founder's pack I chose, the items included were character bound. So, I made sure that I was content with my starting race and class before binding those items. However, included, is 3 months of Elite Status on my account and I have NOT received any of the Daily EMP that is part of that Elite Status package.

Anytime someone pays a large amount of money on anything, they want to make damn sure the product they purchased is exactly what was entailed. And in my case, that was 100 dollars. I have never payed that much for a game.

They need to work this [filtered] out or like many lawsuits you hear floating around. People are winning millions from suing companies for simple things like, Starbucks not putting the correct amount of coffee in a grande cup. Its FALSE ADVERTISING!
  • edited April 2018
    The mount issue is more characterized by a lack of information rather than false advertisement. I should've made myself more clear. People who decided to purchase the founder packs got as promised, but not what they were expecting. Personally, I don't see why the mounts aren't account bound. They exist in the other versions of the game; and it would make sense considering the pricing structure of the founder packs. The question is: In countries in which TERA is currently being officially licensed, could that lack of informing the consumer violate any known trade laws?

Outside of my own country--which I know it does not--I have no clue.
  • 9GNKNCEH439GNKNCEH43 ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    It is not “lack of information“ if any purchasable pack but one includes a specific information. Consumers and customers were led to believe something in good faith by these pack comparisons.

If a customer has a shelf with products in front of him. All products have restrictions, but the most pricy one. What would you believe?

Consumers are way more protected than companies. If a vendor does not inform about core specifications and in addition the customer has no reason to believe otherwise, the contract is void.
  • Im 39, not a millennial for the record. Being an educated adult i know applying external pressure is a proven method to get a company to do the right thing. For me the emp is the issue. I knew many things were toon specific before i ever claimed my items so im fine with that. If i were to sell youa car with 300hp and you found out it only had 225 you would be upset. Changing literature after you sold the goods doesnt mean its ok. Ftc has rules against this. Its fair to get the emp owed or the cash equivalent refunded or as some kind of credit.
  • DatGeekDatGeek ✭✭✭
    WDC5WTD53J wrote: »
    Im 39, not a millennial for the record. Being an educated adult i know applying external pressure is a proven method to get a company to do the right thing. For me the emp is the issue. I knew many things were toon specific before i ever claimed my items so im fine with that. If i were to sell youa car with 300hp and you found out it only had 225 you would be upset. Changing literature after you sold the goods doesnt mean its ok. Ftc has rules against this. Its fair to get the emp owed or the cash equivalent refunded or as some kind of credit.

There's that, but in a lot of countries, false advertisement is very much illegal. It's illegal in my own country as well.

They advertised some of the packs as giving us daily EMP with elite status and more, but was later changed after they put the packs on sale and made a buttload of sales.

I bought my ultimate pack right after it went up, based on the information they had available on the website at the time.

It's not just false advertisement, but a scam to boot when they do it the way they did it.
  • "Grants various account benefits for 180 days, including XP and gold boosts, fast travel options, discounts in the in-game TERA Store, and more! Founder's Packs grant elite status in the Xbox One and PlayStation®4 versions of TERA only."

Sorry kids, but legally they are covered (regarding all the "I want free EMP" elite status gripes) by the quote I have posted here. It has been this EXACT same quote since the day before the founder packs were even available on the xbox or PS stores. In the statement they say absolutely nothing about EMP and when I purchased the $150 I knew full well some things would change, and EMP being removed was something I guessed at and was right. Stop [filtered] because you can't think for yourself or act after getting more info. It also mentions that the elite status is console specific MEANING it was going to be different.
  • Did you see the link showing they originally said daily emp. How about youtube videos saying the same thing. All for console.
  • TehLexinatorTehLexinator ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    > @BlaineHall said:
    > "Grants various account benefits for 180 days, including XP and gold boosts, fast travel options, discounts in the in-game TERA Store, and more! Founder's Packs grant elite status in the Xbox One and PlayStation®4 versions of TERA only."
    >
    > Sorry kids, but legally they are covered (regarding all the "I want free EMP" elite status gripes) by the quote I have posted here. It has been this EXACT same quote since the day before the founder packs were even available on the xbox or PS stores. In the statement they say absolutely nothing about EMP and when I purchased the $150 I knew full well some things would change, and EMP being removed was something I guessed at and was right. Stop [filtered] because you can't think for yourself or act after getting more info. It also mentions that the elite status is console specific MEANING it was going to be different.

You are wrong and apparently have no reading comprehension.
    Screenshot proof that a user informed Cobalt, which lead to the change on their web site.
    https://ibb.co/nyUJUx

Before that happened, the founder pack page did indeed advertise daily EMP with Elite.
  • edited April 2018
    WDC5WTD53J wrote: »
    Did you see the link showing they originally said daily emp. How about youtube videos saying the same thing. All for console.

The image they showed was the description of Elite Status for PC, not console. They clarified now to make it more generic since the contents differ between PC and Console, and only PC has the daily EMP right now. The in-game screen explaining Elite, and the items on the PSN/Xbox stores, did not mention the daily EMP.

Basically the main problem with all this stuff is that they tried to merge the websites for PC and console, and didn't have appropriate attention to detail to distinguish the features between the two. This also wasn't something that was available to test in CBT/OBT, where this would have been discovered and clarified.

Obviously people who felt they were misled by unclear communication should be entitled to refunds. But I think the main problem is that they tried to turn around and launch too quickly/suddenly after OBT and didn't have anyone do a really detailed pass of the website to ensure all the details were fully-clarified. That's a gap in their process they need to fix.
  • 456NGF6W5D wrote: »
    What a joke some angry entitled as$hat jumps online and cries about a game? They has happens with every game ever released.

And no that website isn't popular, its no more popular than mmorpg and they both are just a bunch of angry old school gamers.

Nobody is going to listen to some as$hat crying about a video game on some random website.
    the fact you just abuse everyone's post maybe you need to go play the game and stop !! Your comments are far from constructive and make you look nothing more than a sad person with very little to do but troll forums
  • For a second time i will simply quote myself from other threads as im tired of writing a new complaint about enmasse. This is how i feel......the first sentance is regarding the newest patch notes btw.

"They don't want to tell us exactly what they did because they don't want us to find out they basically did nothing important to fix any REAL issues with the game. Although the fact that it says Event item bug fix kinda says alot in its own that they basically didn't do anything meaningful. I have already lost hope in this dev team, from what i see they don't really care about the games overall success or their customers. They take the money and and leave the game in the poor shape its in. Honestly most mmo's would not even release a game with this many gamebreaking issues still in the game. I am pretty sure whatever we say in feedback or here doesn't even get read by the team and if it is it is probably just shrugged off by the dev team. I have been asking for a reverse x-axis to the game since first beta and nothing still and to a lot of people thats an important thing. Other mmo's have it so why not this one? It's not even a big thing to do from what i'm told putting a setting like that in is not a hard or time consuming thing to do. My friend was going to play this game with me but after seeing all the dissatisfied people all over the forums and watching my screen freeze every step in the game he told me he would rather keep no lifing monster hunter. I myself have pretty much had it myself. Voicing our opinions doesn't seem to get us anywhere apparently. according to some searches i've heard this has been an issue for years even for the pc version. It seems to me that the biggest issue of all is that the staff over at enmass/blue hole is basically incompetent. While the game may work that is no excuse to ignore your player base and leave the games performance issues and major bugs unnatended this long or possibly indefinitely. I may sound like just another customer who complains about everything to any white knights out there, however to me and other people who had real hopes for this console release. We are truly let down, and it is a shame....a shame on enmass and a shame on bluehole for letting us down like this. Even for a free to play game i expected more out of this. Much more and thats just average expectations. The bar is too low even for this game. I am sorry enmasse, but chances are i will not be your customer anymore if this continues one more week."