[TERA PC & CONSOLE] One week left in Summerfest, Part 1: Festival of the Sun! Part 2: The Beach Bash kicks off August 11. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

EME's practices, lack of communication, and false advertising already leading to people being warned

13567

Comments

  • 456NGF6W5D wrote: »
    What a joke some angry entitled as$hat jumps online and cries about a game? They has happens with every game ever released.

    And no that website isn't popular, its no more popular than mmorpg and they both are just a bunch of angry old school gamers.

    Nobody is going to listen to some as$hat crying about a video game on some random website.

    Nobody is going to listen you say? How incorrect you are sir as my friend is one of those people who listened.
  • WDC5WTD53J wrote: »
    Im 39, not a millennial for the record. Being an educated adult i know applying external pressure is a proven method to get a company to do the right thing. For me the emp is the issue. I knew many things were toon specific before i ever claimed my items so im fine with that. If i were to sell youa car with 300hp and you found out it only had 225 you would be upset. Changing literature after you sold the goods doesnt mean its ok. Ftc has rules against this. Its fair to get the emp owed or the cash equivalent refunded or as some kind of credit.

    I completely agree. I myself thought about contacting the federal trade commission or Better Business Bureau. This was a terrible thing to do on enmass's part and i think maybe they do need to get in trouble for once so they can grow up and stop ripping people off and being incompetent. This kind of behavior is NOT okay, ESPECIALLY for a company.
  • As someone who was around first hand for the downfall of MHO, this feels all too familiar. From the lack of communication to the incorrect store descriptions, I can see the connection. I just hope things get rectified sooner than later.
  • PEOPLE: The current version of Tera on consoles is around a year old and is missing a LOT of changes that are current on PC. The EMP per day and few other VERY beneficial changes have not yet occurred on the Console version. Try and make a PC account and see what you are missing out on. Those quality of life items are likely to be added in as the console version is patched.

    This was talked about on these very forums just this week. I too am upset about the EMP loss however, the game is what I purchased, not bonus Elite subscriber EMP. The screenshot that you took is from the PC marketing on the Enmasse store on their website. This was NEVER promoted on the console version or marketed to sell with the early adopters Founder's packs.

    Please slow your steam-roller and do NOT trample a good thing before it gets started. Please keep in mind, even though PSN and XBOX-Live will refund you your money based on your loose explanation, when they find out that people are abusing good customer service, they will stop reversing purchases all together.

    Elite Status bonus EMP for daily login was never marketed to the console versions of Tera.

    If any of you have further issues, it is on your part. If you have read this, you have been informed.
  • CG6M5EL9MNCG6M5EL9MN ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    PEOPLE: The current version of Tera on consoles is around a year old and is missing a LOT of changes that are current on PC. The EMP per day and few other VERY beneficial changes have not yet occurred on the Console version. Try and make a PC account and see what you are missing out on. Those quality of life items are likely to be added in as the console version is patched.

    This was talked about on these very forums just this week. I too am upset about the EMP loss however, the game is what I purchased, not bonus Elite subscriber EMP. The screenshot that you took is from the PC marketing on the Enmasse store on their website. This was NEVER promoted on the console version or marketed to sell with the early adopters Founder's packs.

    Please slow your steam-roller and do NOT trample a good thing before it gets started. Please keep in mind, even though PSN and XBOX-Live will refund you your money based on your loose explanation, when they find out that people are abusing good customer service, they will stop reversing purchases all together.

    Elite Status bonus EMP for daily login was never marketed to the console versions of Tera.

    If any of you have further issues, it is on your part. If you have read this, you have been informed.

    The daily EMP is part of the Elite Status program they are offering currently. Which is what was included in the Founders Pack's we all purchased. So, we should all be getting the 15 EMP daily. Which we are NOT.
  • There is also no information currently that states what exactly is different from the console and PC versions of Elite Status. So we are all left to assume it would be the same as PC.
  • CG6M5EL9MN wrote: »
    There is also no information currently that states what exactly is different from the console and PC versions of Elite Status. So we are all left to assume it would be the same as PC.

    The advertisement has been corrected and clarified. I understand your frustration and agree with it but demanding a change in this manner will not work. You've made your grievance known, now cast a vote with your wallet, let them learn that carelessness and lack of clarity will sting their pocket book.
  • edited April 2018
    CG6M5EL9MN wrote: »
    There is also no information currently that states what exactly is different from the console and PC versions of Elite Status. So we are all left to assume it would be the same as PC.

    FWIW, the in-game Elite Status screen (from the store menu) listed all the Console Elite Status benefits and had the link to purchase it, and that screen was always accurate about what it included (never included the EMP, for example). The website was mixing PC and Console information in some locations and wasn't properly clarified previously, which is the whole issue. But the in-game info was always correct.

    (Of course, I realize that in the pre-release phase, this didn't help because people may have chosen to purchase Founders Packs with a certain level of Elite partly due to what they believed was included in it, and couldn't access the in-game screen until after they bought a pack.)

    CG6M5EL9MN wrote: »
    The daily EMP is part of the Elite Status program they are offering currently. Which is what was included in the Founders Pack's we all purchased. So, we should all be getting the 15 EMP daily. Which we are NOT.

    As said, it was never listed on the in-game Elite Status details page as part of the Console Elite Status program, since it is not part of it. The discrepancy was in the mixing of PC and Console information on the website due to lack of editorial care/clarity -- which, although fixed now, is absolutely still an issue. As I said before, if people feel they bought something due to the misstated information on the web and now aren't satisfied, they should pursue a refund, since there's no real other way.
  • I wasn't even aware of daily EMP and we've been watching the site since before beta hit, so er, not sure where people got that info from. Didn't care about account bound mount because the mount that came with the pack I bought is rubbish and I don't use it (also it has an air of identifying how much money you spent which I don't want) - I use elite horse.

    I think all we factored in was:

    Value of amount of elite sub we got
    Value of EMP in pack
    Value of strongbox keys

    Rest of the pack, kinda don't care. Overall it cost less than buying that stuff individually so whatever. I know I'll play this for months and I know I'll want elite.
  • whats funny aint people crying for the actual issue, I mena i have it too. its scummy, but people protecting it. seems like eme partners to me lol. anyhow they are handling things badly there is no doubt about it. the emp dailies imo is just because its early acces . we'll have to wait for full release to see, and it if goes with live server I hope they give a 7 days extension since no emp benefits ( although we hav the elite daily crates ). so yeah, I mean anything goes, but saying a company don't give 2 sheets about their client ( the player ) well that bad enough lol caus they should ) . main reason The Division died.
  • I love how people will just let companies screw people over anyway possible and get mad at people who arnt going to allow them to do things like this to others with atleast warning them first I get it the game has been out for a long time and this is how most mmos are well maybe that should change companies should take a look at how digital extremes is handling warframe or how Bethesda handles eso with micro transactions if the systems that are in place arnt at least revised in some ways this game will be dead and buried on console in just a few months look what happens to onigiri remeber that game
  • edited April 2018
    M6KPMHHLR3 wrote: »
    The problem with that "in game" argument is you had to BUY THE PACK TO GET IN THE GAME. The only information available was the misinformation buyers had to go by to make a decision.

    That's what I said, yes. It was an error on the website due to mixing PC and Console information. So obviously, yes, it's a screw-up caused by poor editorial care. Anyone who bought Elite or a Founders Pack as a result of this error should get a full refund, no questions asked.
  • Imho if you feel "entitled" to a refund then file for a refund and stop playing. Mishaps like this happen all the time. This post had done what the title (seems) suggests, warns incoming players. However there are some of us, myself included, who look past the monetary and nit-picking of how things are worded, and rather pay attention to the game itself. To our simply, this game does not function, and should not have been released. Period. The amount of bugs, frame drops, and lack of content have created a disaster of a game in entirety. You can’t even open world pvp on the pvp server right now. You can’t even pull up your guild tab to accept new members, nor can you do anything regarding leveling your guild. The game is practically in alpha stage. I partook in both the technical test as well as both betas, and tbh, the technical test was the best build this game has seen on console so far. Rather then nit-pick what everyone is missing from their elite status, why don’t we demand this game we all payed to play be fixed.
  • > @counterpoint said:
    > WDC5WTD53J wrote: »
    >
    > Did you see the link showing they originally said daily emp. How about youtube videos saying the same thing. All for console.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The image they showed was the description of Elite Status for PC, not console. They clarified now to make it more generic since the contents differ between PC and Console, and only PC has the daily EMP right now. The in-game screen explaining Elite, and the items on the PSN/Xbox stores, did not mention the daily EMP.
    >
    > Basically the main problem with all this stuff is that they tried to merge the websites for PC and console, and didn't have appropriate attention to detail to distinguish the features between the two. This also wasn't something that was available to test in CBT/OBT, where this would have been discovered and clarified.
    >
    > Obviously people who felt they were misled by unclear communication should be entitled to refunds. But I think the main problem is that they tried to turn around and launch too quickly/suddenly after OBT and didn't have anyone do a really detailed pass of the website to ensure all the details were fully-clarified. That's a gap in their process they need to fix.

    > @M6KPMHHLR3 said:
    > > @counterpoint said:
    > > CG6M5EL9MN wrote: »
    > >
    > > There is also no information currently that states what exactly is different from the console and PC versions of Elite Status. So we are all left to assume it would be the same as PC.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > FWIW, the in-game Elite Status screen (from the store menu) listed all the Console Elite Status benefits and had the link to purchase it, and that screen was always accurate about what it included (never included the EMP, for example). The website was mixing PC and Console information in some locations and wasn't properly clarified previously, which is the whole issue. But the in-game info was always correct.
    > >
    > > (Of course, I realize that in the pre-release phase, this didn't help because people may have chosen to purchase Founders Packs with a certain level of Elite partly due to what they believed was included in it, and couldn't access the in-game screen until after they bought a pack.)
    > >
    > > CG6M5EL9MN wrote: »
    > >
    > > The daily EMP is part of the Elite Status program they are offering currently. Which is what was included in the Founders Pack's we all purchased. So, we should all be getting the 15 EMP daily. Which we are NOT.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > As said, it was never listed on the in-game Elite Status details page as part of the Console Elite Status program, since it is not part of it. The discrepancy was in the mixing of PC and Console information on the website due to lack of editorial care/clarity -- which, although fixed now, is absolutely still an issue. As I said before, if people feel they bought something due to the misstated information on the web and now aren't satisfied, they should pursue a refund, since there's no real other way.
    >
    > The problem with that "in game" argument is you had to BUY THE PACK TO GET IN THE GAME. The only information available was the misinformation buyers had to go by to make a decision.

    Exactly. Not sure why some are defending these shady practices.
Sign In or Register to comment.