[TERA PC & CONSOLE] One week left in Summerfest, Part 1: Festival of the Sun! Part 2: The Beach Bash kicks off August 11. Participate in Summerfest activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

EME's practices, lack of communication, and false advertising already leading to people being warned

12346

Comments

  • edited April 2018
    For example: Okay you can't give a daily 10 or 15 emp or whatever? Fine... just give a blanket lump sum of emp to all the elite/founders that should be entitled to it. So if it was supposed to be 10 per day for 30 days, give them 3000 off the back. Problem solved.
    It'd be 450 EMP (15/day over 30 days), but Elite is also provided as a 15-day promo with Twitch Prime, and probably other places/ways/quantities. Plus, people got multiple months at once with the various founders packs already, so you'd have to figure it out for each person... and then for each person who signs up for Elite going forward. On PC it's also something you earn only if you *login* each day, not just for having an active subscription.

    Rather than spending tons of time figuring out all these workarounds, it'd honestly be easier/cheaper to refund dissatisfied Elite customers and wait until the feature is added to the game in a future patch (assuming it follows PC) and then it would all "just work."

    As for account bound mounts? Well, why not just give everyone 8 (or whatever the max amount of characters is) bound mounts instead of 1. That way they have enough for all their potential characters.
    The max is 16 per server (so that's a lot when you consider how many servers there are), but the other reason is because they're tradeable. And by now, some people already bought multiple founders packs and/or additional mounts based on their understanding (from EME staff) that the contents were character-bound. If you reverse course now in any way, people who spent extra based on this understanding would be rightfully indignant that they wasted money and want refunds (even though they'd have the added benefit of extra mounts).

    So again, it'd be less problematic to refund the people unhappy about Elite than to make a retroactive change that'd cause them to have to refund and remove a whole bunch of other things as a cascading consequence.


    If they're going to offer any sort of consideration for these issues, it'd be better just to give all Founders Pack and/or Elite purchasers some special apology gift or something, rather than doing more last-minute things that mess with how Elite works, throwing even more chaos into the mix than what's already there.
  • @Denommenator

    So I have a question, why are these features not in the game? it seems like it would be something simple may other games have done daily distribution of items and currency. Also when was Elite added to PC and was it limited in the same way. what seems to be happening is that someone decided that they would attempt a money grab by wrapping this up in a nice package and selling to the console as something new and exciting and play on the majority of people that in the end don't care and will pay anyway "i am one of those people so ya this may sound hypocritical but it still affects me." The thing that I think you need to keep in mind is that this is game killing, The player base could be largely effected. And i think the thing that relay burns people is that you loose nothing form making the items account bound, or giving the elite members there EMP. So i ask again why are these things not able to be added to the game?
  • HE39LXGWXW wrote: »
    @Denommenator

    So I have a question, why are these features not in the game? it seems like it would be something simple may other games have done daily distribution of items and currency. Also when was Elite added to PC and was it limited in the same way. what seems to be happening is that someone decided that they would attempt a money grab by wrapping this up in a nice package and selling to the console as something new and exciting and play on the majority of people that in the end don't care and will pay anyway "i am one of those people so ya this may sound hypocritical but it still affects me." The thing that I think you need to keep in mind is that this is game killing, The player base could be largely effected. And i think the thing that relay burns people is that you loose nothing form making the items account bound, or giving the elite members there EMP. So i ask again why are these things not able to be added to the game?

    It may be that it didn't pass Sony and Microsoft certification, the daily EMP part i think anyway, thats my bet
  • > @thatguy2130 said:
    > @Denommenator
    >
    > I understand that the account bound system simply isn't in place yet on console, nor is the daily emp bonus.
    > However, I do believe that it is within the power of the developers to make other work arounds that would satisfy the desired end result.
    >
    > For example: Okay you can't give a daily 10 or 15 emp or whatever? Fine... just give a blanket lump sum of emp to all the elite/founders that should be entitled to it. So if it was supposed to be 10 per day for 30 days, give them 3000 off the back. Problem solved.
    >
    > As for account bound mounts? Well, why not just give everyone 8 (or whatever the max amount of characters is) bound mounts instead of 1. That way they have enough for all their potential characters.
    >
    > Now everyone is happy and you don't have a mess on your hands. You can thank me later.

    And this class is why the majority of gamers never step foot in these forums. We are dealing with people who can't even do simple math. How are people expected to have a logical conversation with them. 10 emp for 30 days does NOT equal 3000! Lol
  • CG6M5EL9MNCG6M5EL9MN ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    It's been an extremely busy week here for the console team at En Masse, but I wanted to take some time today to jump in this thread and make a statement because I honestly feel bad about this whole situation around the Founder's Pack page and this absolutely deserves a response. I'm sorry I couldn't make it sooner.

    In the lead-up to Head Start launch, there were a million things going on and, while reviewing the contents of the Founder's Pack page, I didn't realize that each image was clickable revealing a description of each item contained in the packs. For this silly reason, the misinformation/errors regarding elite status EMP distribution weren't caught. It was a mistake and wasn't intended to intentionally mislead players or persuade a purchase based on incorrect information.

    In any case, "too busy" is no excuse and we will work to restore your trust by being more diligent about these things in the future. If you have any further questions or concerns regarding the Founder's Packs, please submit a support ticket as follows and a member of our team will help you out:

    (TERA> TERA PS4/XBOX: Purchase and Billing Support> Founders Packs> General Inquiry)

    Regarding the lack of account-bound items in the packs or within the console version of TERA in general, the system by which we offer and distribute account-bound items does not currently exist in these versions. It may be developed in the future (along with the elite feature granting EMP for daily login) but it is simply not available at this time.

    I for one would like to thank you for your response. I am glad to see that this was acknowledged. And I appreciate your honesty.

    If I may, I would like to suggest that you put out a dedicated page on your website that details the exact list of perks, (account bound/character bound) items and and any daily benefits the Elite Status includes for Console. And the differences between the Console and PC versions of Elite Status. It has been very vague and confusing, and personally, I was left to assume the perks were the same across the board.

    I feel that this should be done asap for anyone new that is interested in paying for these perks. Especially for these prices.

    Also, I know you already said it was something that could come in the future. But the idea of paying the amount of real money for EMP to buy one costume for 1 character is crazy. Which is 995 EMP or $10 real money for 1 costume for one character. I know it, and you do too, that is absurd. Either lower the real money cost of EMP, or lower the cost for these in game items to make up for the lack of the account bound items. At least for the time being before you make account bound items a reality.
  • 456NGF6W5D wrote: »
    > @thatguy2130 said:
    > @Denommenator
    >
    > I understand that the account bound system simply isn't in place yet on console, nor is the daily emp bonus.
    > However, I do believe that it is within the power of the developers to make other work arounds that would satisfy the desired end result.
    >
    > For example: Okay you can't give a daily 10 or 15 emp or whatever? Fine... just give a blanket lump sum of emp to all the elite/founders that should be entitled to it. So if it was supposed to be 10 per day for 30 days, give them 3000 off the back. Problem solved.
    >
    > As for account bound mounts? Well, why not just give everyone 8 (or whatever the max amount of characters is) bound mounts instead of 1. That way they have enough for all their potential characters.
    >
    > Now everyone is happy and you don't have a mess on your hands. You can thank me later.

    And this class is why the majority of gamers never step foot in these forums. We are dealing with people who can't even do simple math. How are people expected to have a logical conversation with them. 10 emp for 30 days does NOT equal 3000! Lol

    It's also funny because he was trying to say 3000 EMP lump sum for the 30 day elite, when 3000 EMP would be even more than the 180 days of elite. Though his idea on having elite status give the lump sum of it, isn't too bad of a suggestion in itself (just make sure its some one who calculates it correctly) but Counterpoint had a good response to it and what he said does make sense why it could be annoying for something.
  • HE39LXGWXW wrote: »
    @Denommenator

    So I have a question, why are these features not in the game? it seems like it would be something simple may other games have done daily distribution of items and currency. Also when was Elite added to PC and was it limited in the same way. what seems to be happening is that someone decided that they would attempt a money grab by wrapping this up in a nice package and selling to the console as something new and exciting and play on the majority of people that in the end don't care and will pay anyway "i am one of those people so ya this may sound hypocritical but it still affects me." The thing that I think you need to keep in mind is that this is game killing, The player base could be largely effected. And i think the thing that relay burns people is that you loose nothing form making the items account bound, or giving the elite members there EMP. So i ask again why are these things not able to be added to the game?

    It may be that it didn't pass Sony and Microsoft certification, the daily EMP part i think anyway, thats my bet

    So i could understand that if games like ESO we not able to do it. But i don't know the in's and outs of the Microsoft verification process.
  • edited April 2018
    456NGF6W5D wrote: »
    > @thatguy2130 said:
    > @Denommenator
    >
    > I understand that the account bound system simply isn't in place yet on console, nor is the daily emp bonus.
    > However, I do believe that it is within the power of the developers to make other work arounds that would satisfy the desired end result.
    >
    > For example: Okay you can't give a daily 10 or 15 emp or whatever? Fine... just give a blanket lump sum of emp to all the elite/founders that should be entitled to it. So if it was supposed to be 10 per day for 30 days, give them 3000 off the back. Problem solved.
    >
    > As for account bound mounts? Well, why not just give everyone 8 (or whatever the max amount of characters is) bound mounts instead of 1. That way they have enough for all their potential characters.
    >
    > Now everyone is happy and you don't have a mess on your hands. You can thank me later.

    And this class is why the majority of gamers never step foot in these forums. We are dealing with people who can't even do simple math. How are people expected to have a logical conversation with them. 10 emp for 30 days does NOT equal 3000! Lol

    And this is why YOU shouldn't step foot in these forums sir. Because your stupid enough to base the entire forum community off of one person who can't do math. I mean really? You're in the forums too don't forget so perhaps you shouldn't talk about yourself like that as you are considered a part of the group you just insulted lol. If you wan't logic you will have to look elsewhere considering you obviously have none due to that huge contradiction you just created on your own reply.
  • > @PremieresFinale said:
    > 456NGF6W5D wrote: »
    >
    > > @thatguy2130 said:
    > > @Denommenator
    > >
    > > I understand that the account bound system simply isn't in place yet on console, nor is the daily emp bonus.
    > > However, I do believe that it is within the power of the developers to make other work arounds that would satisfy the desired end result.
    > >
    > > For example: Okay you can't give a daily 10 or 15 emp or whatever? Fine... just give a blanket lump sum of emp to all the elite/founders that should be entitled to it. So if it was supposed to be 10 per day for 30 days, give them 3000 off the back. Problem solved.
    > >
    > > As for account bound mounts? Well, why not just give everyone 8 (or whatever the max amount of characters is) bound mounts instead of 1. That way they have enough for all their potential characters.
    > >
    > > Now everyone is happy and you don't have a mess on your hands. You can thank me later.
    >
    > And this class is why the majority of gamers never step foot in these forums. We are dealing with people who can't even do simple math. How are people expected to have a logical conversation with them. 10 emp for 30 days does NOT equal 3000! Lol
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > And this is why YOU shouldn't step foot in these forums sir. Because your stupid enough to base the entire forum community off of one person who can't do math. I mean really? You're in the forums too don't forget so perhaps you shouldn't talk about yourself like that as you are considered a part of the group you just insulted lol. If you wan't logic you will have to look elsewhere considering you obviously have none due to that huge contradiction you just created on your own reply.

    Nah I'm part of the majority of gamers but I come to the forums for entertainment and to educate those crying with facts.
  • 456NGF6W5D wrote: »
    > @PremieresFinale said:
    > 456NGF6W5D wrote: »
    >
    > > @thatguy2130 said:
    > > @Denommenator
    > >
    > > I understand that the account bound system simply isn't in place yet on console, nor is the daily emp bonus.
    > > However, I do believe that it is within the power of the developers to make other work arounds that would satisfy the desired end result.
    > >
    > > For example: Okay you can't give a daily 10 or 15 emp or whatever? Fine... just give a blanket lump sum of emp to all the elite/founders that should be entitled to it. So if it was supposed to be 10 per day for 30 days, give them 3000 off the back. Problem solved.
    > >
    > > As for account bound mounts? Well, why not just give everyone 8 (or whatever the max amount of characters is) bound mounts instead of 1. That way they have enough for all their potential characters.
    > >
    > > Now everyone is happy and you don't have a mess on your hands. You can thank me later.
    >
    > And this class is why the majority of gamers never step foot in these forums. We are dealing with people who can't even do simple math. How are people expected to have a logical conversation with them. 10 emp for 30 days does NOT equal 3000! Lol
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > And this is why YOU shouldn't step foot in these forums sir. Because your stupid enough to base the entire forum community off of one person who can't do math. I mean really? You're in the forums too don't forget so perhaps you shouldn't talk about yourself like that as you are considered a part of the group you just insulted lol. If you wan't logic you will have to look elsewhere considering you obviously have none due to that huge contradiction you just created on your own reply.

    Nah I'm part of the majority of gamers but I come to the forums for entertainment and to educate those crying with facts.

    Suuuuure xD Keep telling yourself that lol.
  • > @PremieresFinale said:
    > 456NGF6W5D wrote: »
    >
    > > @PremieresFinale said:
    > > 456NGF6W5D wrote: »
    > >
    > > > @thatguy2130 said:
    > > > @Denommenator
    > > >
    > > > I understand that the account bound system simply isn't in place yet on console, nor is the daily emp bonus.
    > > > However, I do believe that it is within the power of the developers to make other work arounds that would satisfy the desired end result.
    > > >
    > > > For example: Okay you can't give a daily 10 or 15 emp or whatever? Fine... just give a blanket lump sum of emp to all the elite/founders that should be entitled to it. So if it was supposed to be 10 per day for 30 days, give them 3000 off the back. Problem solved.
    > > >
    > > > As for account bound mounts? Well, why not just give everyone 8 (or whatever the max amount of characters is) bound mounts instead of 1. That way they have enough for all their potential characters.
    > > >
    > > > Now everyone is happy and you don't have a mess on your hands. You can thank me later.
    > >
    > > And this class is why the majority of gamers never step foot in these forums. We are dealing with people who can't even do simple math. How are people expected to have a logical conversation with them. 10 emp for 30 days does NOT equal 3000! Lol
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > And this is why YOU shouldn't step foot in these forums sir. Because your stupid enough to base the entire forum community off of one person who can't do math. I mean really? You're in the forums too don't forget so perhaps you shouldn't talk about yourself like that as you are considered a part of the group you just insulted lol. If you wan't logic you will have to look elsewhere considering you obviously have none due to that huge contradiction you just created on your own reply.
    >
    > Nah I'm part of the majority of gamers but I come to the forums for entertainment and to educate those crying with facts.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Suuuuure xD Keep telling yourself that lol.

    I don't need to tell myself anything. Its just the way it is. How easily it triggers you guys is all the evidence that is required.
  • Wi2ardWi2ard ✭✭✭
    @Denommenator

    Account bound items are a staple in every single MMO in existence, including the PC version of this game. How could the game possibly have gone gold without such a vital and basic function?
  • To respond to everyone who took my incorrect math and tried to invalidate my point, it was 2AM. Sorry I made a mistake when I was barely awake.

    Anyway, the point was just to give them the emp they expected in a lump sum because I'm sure that can be done.

    Also, as for the person who said my mount idea was bad, I specifically said BOUND mounts so you can't trade or sell them. Just give you a multitude of duplicate, BOUND, mounts so all of your characters can get one. Same end result.
  • edited April 2018
    I once went in to a store to buy some games - I found one I was interested in that had a label on it for $20. It was a brand new, never opened, $60 game.
    It was obviously a mistake, as none of the other copies had this label. I took it up, showed it to the manager, and offered it to him so he could remove the tag. He informed me that, since it was labeled like that, they were legally obligated to sell it to me at that Price if I wanted.

    I guess what I'm really trying to say is - If they offered more than they meant to, even through a mistake, they really should Honor that mistake while correcting it for the future.
    Well, they certainly did the "Correcting it" part - Though the "Honoring their mistake to not seem like cheats" part didn't quite hit yet.
    Console players are already getting several changes that more or less amount to the appearance of cash-hungry anti-consumer practices.
    Do we really need the appearance of bait-and-switch marketing on top of it?

    How can the consumer trust the product if the Merchant offering it claims they sell one product and Changes their advert and policy after not delivering on their full claim? Even if it was a mistake, it makes a terrible first impression.

    I sympathize with them, and I really do understand that things work different on consoles - But this really does look terrible for a first impression. Even giving some sign of trying appease the needs of the gamers feeling jilted by the Industry as of late might go a long way to smoothing all of this over. No need to bend over backwards - But offering something to placate the masses could be a good step in the right direction.


    Edit -
    @Denommenator
    If you have a method of telling who got Refunds and who didn't, I might suggest this - Offer to everyone who bought a Founders pack and didn't get a refund some special bonus or reward for the loyalty, the faith, and the trust hey are offering you.
    I want to see this game succeed - I've been looking forward to playing it on consoles since the moment the possibility was presented. I don't mind supporting it's launch, I don't mind that we are so far behind PC, I don't mind that normal game features are coming in slowly as you work through ways to optimize performance and features for console.
    What I do mind is.. Well, I'm now very afraid that something I've been looking forward to so long may be crippled and near-dead on arrival. It's like I just got a new Kitten and I have to rush her to the vet the first day I get her home.

    Please, give us a sign that we mean something more than Dollar Signs, and that our continued faith will be rewarded with Content and Quality.
    Those who jumped ship at the first signs of choppy waters deserve nothing, but those of us who are making an active choice to overlook what is seeming more and more like a disaster on the horizon need more than just a few company-speak words of how you'll do better next time.

    Even an utterly meaningless gesture like some cosmetic loyalty reward or just a coupon for a free cookie with our next purchase of $20 or more would be great. Literally anything more than Nothing. Anything at all..
  • In regards to the character-bound items, I will say that staff are being generous when it comes to recovering those items even due to noob mistakes. I bought my husband the founder's pack and he claimed everything on one character, but deleted it after deciding he wanted to play as a different class (his other spot was already filled.)

    It was after he deleted his character that he realized the mount was character-bound and his other characters didn't have access to it. I encouraged him to send in a support ticket, and they will be transferring the items from the deleted character to his current character, so I think they are being more than fair on that account, as the item description did warn that the item was character-locked.
Sign In or Register to comment.