[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Got kicked from a dungeon simply because it was my first time.

I entered a dungeon and the party leader said "please tell me you guys kno this dungeon" and then he asked each of the party members if they have done it before and i was new to it so i said no and as soon as i said no he kicked me from the dungeon, before we even started killing anything. If this is the kind of rotten community tera has then i am just saddened. This kind of stuff would not fly in most other mmos and most definitely ffxiv i am a veteran on that mmo and i can tell you GM's frown upon players that pull that kind of crap.

Comments

• simitsimit ✭✭
    It would and does happen in most mmo games an bear in mind the rest of the group would have to say yes to kick you so they also are to blame, im no saying what they did was right cause it wasnt but personally i've yet to experience anything like it an most go in get job down an leave.

Sorry you had a bad experience but just chin up an queue again, you cant expect, nor should you, GM's, if wee have any, to do anything, forget about it an move on
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have a right to do it, sadly. Majority decides, it's democracy. People don't want to bother teaching noobs that probably didn't bother to watch vids/read guides either, it's a mutual relationship most of the times.
  • edited April 2018
    You have to understand i am a veteran from ffxiv i am used to a completely different environment. In ffxiv i never saw this ever. the GM's over there take that kind of thing very seriously more than other things because over there they take newcomers pretty seriously and want them to have a good experience, so much so that they forced cutscenes on a roulette dungeon so the new players didnt have to be pressured by veterans into skipping it and missing storyline and the veterans absolutely hated it. I don't know how they handle it over here but that toxic kind of thing ruins game experience for newcomes and should be frowned upon. I reported him with the screenies to prove it so hopefuly the GM's over here have a sense of morality and logic and give those people what they deserve.
  • Same happened to me, I told them "idk how to debuff enemies as a mystic", got kicked on the spot lol. I think I know how to debuff now (contagion if anyone can confirm)
  • edited June 2018
    CornishRex wrote: »
    They have a right to do it, sadly. Majority decides, it's democracy. People don't want to bother teaching noobs that probably didn't bother to watch vids/read guides either, it's a mutual relationship most of the times.

for the record i did know the dungeon because i watched a friend do it, but i myself was still new to it. Whether i know the dungeon or not doesn't change that fact. I am saddened that this isnt ffxiv because those people would be in gm jail explaining things to a gm right now. Sadly its not and i have to put up with this crap in tera. So far my whole experience in this game has been nothing but troubling to me and im so close to just calling it quits. Whether its just difference of game styles or bad staff i feel like this just is turning out to be a point where i don't think this game is for me.
    Why is that report worthy tho? Majority decides if they want to kick you?? It's not just the guy that initiated the kick, the rest of the party is to blame too. If you want to learn, make a learning lfg. You're rude as well if you will willingly go into a dungeon blindly and you know that you might trap someone there for 3 hours! Not everyone has tons of time on their hands, and honestly I fail to see how having a choice is toxic.
    Mind you, this is coming from an experienced player that uses ims to teach newbies and I personally don't mind people like you but some people do and they have every right to feel that way.
  • simitsimit ✭✭
    It has absolutely ZERO to do with staff, it was players an im sorry your experience has apparently been so bad but believe me it hasnt for me or anyone i know apart from the occasional person not knowing there class, which is fine to me as its a new console release, but as i said you can either chin up or if indeed the experience been so bad go back to ffxiv
  • goretishingoretishin ✭✭
    edited April 2018
    If you dont like a dungeon group the only option anyone should have is leave or fight through it. This vote to kick thing is annoying. Because you dont like how a groups looks you get the right to remove players until the group makes the run as easy as possible? its nonsense. Ive heard of people that will sit around and kick player after player until they get exactly what they want.

Ive been soloing dungeons while leveling dreading end game.

Neverwinter molded these type of players. its the free to play community. you dont see this in eso as much either.

• edited April 2018
    Honestly... I really don't know if you realize it but the world is a cruel place so i simply cannot see why you are surprised and also complaining here that you were kicked for not knowing a dungeon. Its been that way since the dawn of mmorpgs. Like they said above its democracy, people may have limited time and even if none of those conditions apply, they are not obligated to teach you anything or take you through the dungeon like some type of burden, sometimes mmorpg's are like the real world, if you got nothing to bring to the table, people wont want anything to do with you. And thats not their fault whatsoever, its on you to carve your path in a mmo and make a place for yourself, just like the real world, No ones gonna do it for you.
    edited April 2018
    MP7H5RXK6C wrote: »
    If you dont like a dungeon group the only option anyone should have is leave or fight through it. This vote to kick thing is annoying. Because you dont like how a groups looks you get the right to remove players until the group makes the run as easy as possible? its nonsense. Ive heard of people that will sit around and kick player after player until they get exactly what they want.

Ive been soloing dungeons while leveling dreading end game.

Honestly that rarely happens. I spent a lot of my time ims-ing on pc because I enjoy carrying baddies and new people and people rarely kick. More often than not, ims will be the place where newbies go to learn without much judgement, most of the toxic pros stick to lfg and guild runs.
    I'm sorry you guys went through the uncomfortable experience of being kicked for not knowing things and not having them explained to you but that's how tera works and frankly it's not all that terrible. Having an option to kick people is fair as hell, the group decides what kind of run they want and yeah it can be used in a bad way but it can also be used to kick the rude people as well.
  • Nothing like people that stand up for people who abuse a vote to kick system that is generally put in games to kick people that are toxic. Not to kick people that don't meet their elitist requirements.
  • simitsimit ✭✭
    Because the ppl that abuse it are a minority
  • Honestly i would never kick anybody for not knowing what to do, if i use the instance matchmaking i know i will get queued with randos and i accept what comes with that. If i wanted to do a run where everybody knows everything i'd just get a party before hand and go in with that.

To me the instance matcmaker is like solo queue, if things go wrong i have nobody to blame but myself because i knew what i was getting into when i signed up.
  • Maybe it would be a good idea to look for a guild that welcomes new players and mostly for casual play that way your bound to find players that will be in a similar situation or just happy to help you, sadly your always going to find players like the ones you came across not much you can do about it really.
  • edited April 2018
    Thanks for defending me guys because i agree with you. It's not my fault its a random queue thing. In ffxiv gms have banned whole groups for improper kicks from dungeons, and i feel its because they have a sense of morality. Ofcourse the world is a hard place but that in no way means i should have to put up with it IN A GAME where people go to have fun and relax. Thats the point of games...to get away from the hard world. Not to have to put up with immature jerks who queue into random matched instances and just kick until they find another elitist like them. It's a stupid way to manage instances.
This discussion has been closed.