Beware of Fake Auctions to crash market prices (AKA Negotiation function needs a timer)

Comments

• edited June 2016
    Eishaa wrote: »
    Wait, how were you able to know who the buyer was in order to inspect him? <w<

It says "[Buyer] is in negotiation" when trying to buy from the seller while they're in negotiation.

Edit:
    yjDG8Zh.png
  • LOL if someone isn't doing the bare minimum of at least looking at the item price before listing it, they deserve to get scammed.

In any case, whoever is the one no lifeing at the broker probably won't even make 10kk that way and it isn't worth the time investment. Not to mention it'd be boring as [filtered].
  • MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭
    I sell things really low on TR ...I mean super low. I've even sold fashions for 10k on there I never saw it as a huge problem
  • Raunchy69 wrote: »
    LOL if someone isn't doing the bare minimum of at least looking at the item price before listing it, they deserve to get scammed.

In any case, whoever is the one no lifeing at the broker probably won't even make 10kk that way and it isn't worth the time investment. Not to mention it'd be boring as [filtered].
    Never underestimate the power of boredom. I've seen players do the weirdest [filtered] in-game just because they were bored. It was mind-blowing and at the same time, they made me want to wash my eyes with soap.

But ye, in any case, be sure to check the overall prices first before selling your things on trade broker :o
  • neoakneoak ✭✭
    Back at it again:

33eSIPm.png

Same "Buyer", different "seller".
  • neoakneoak ✭✭
    One victim claimed

6VJ6p7Z.png
  • Based12Based12 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Was happening with MWA on MT like an hour ago, not sure if it's still up.

Almost listed MWA for 3g each!!

Edit: Currently happening lol.
  • neoakneoak ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Same happening with MWA too

qKXAKaO.png

The "buyer" is the same "seller" that was selling the T9 at 8g in my original post.
  • MinazukiMinazuki ✭✭✭
    Number - 1 and took the bait... sad face
    Why bother use the broker to sell if cant even wait.
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    This kind of terrible behavior has been going on for months, I would just buy out the single item and list my stuff.

I did fall for this once right before Ninja, lost out on some gold... Can't imagine how much gold others have been tricked out of.
  • neoakneoak ✭✭
    Ginjitsu wrote: »
    This kind of terrible behavior has been going on for months, I would just buy out the single item and list my stuff.

I did fall for this once right before Ninja, lost out on some gold... Can't imagine how much gold others have been tricked out of.

Can't buy it because whoever is doing it locks it using the negotiation function. Check the OP.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume they do this, buy from whoever falls, then stops and resells at the original price?
  • neoakneoak ✭✭
    Nopi wrote: »
    I assume they do this, buy from whoever falls, then stops and resells at the original price?

That would be what I assume is the intention, yes.
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    neoak wrote: »
    Ginjitsu wrote: »

Can't buy it because whoever is doing it locks it using the negotiation function. Check the OP.

Wasn't aware of that exploit, helpfully OP submitted a ticket. En Masse can easily find out who's alt it is.
  • ElureElure ✭✭
    Eishaa wrote: »
    Wait, how were you able to know who the buyer was in order to inspect him? <w<

good question