Beware of Fake Auctions to crash market prices (AKA Negotiation function needs a timer)

Comments

• Is there a lvl requirement in place to use the broker?

If not, that might at least curb this kind of thing a little bit if the alt they use had to be lv20 or something to make this happen...

If I'm missing the point ignore me lol.
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a lvl requirement in place to use the broker?

If not, that might at least curb this kind of thing a little bit if the alt they use had to be lv20 or something to make this happen...

If I'm missing the point ignore me lol.

Could be good to require a certain level to post listings. That could kill most throwaway alts. No restrictions on buy, though.
  • SquishiesSquishies ✭✭✭
    Low price baiting isn't the issue by itself, it's when that is combined with eternal negotiation locking that it becomes a problem.

As others pointed out, the good'ol advice to check broker prices before posting a sale to protect yourself reigns true.

But what we have here is someone intentionally exploiting the infinite negotiation bug to nullify the chance of getting bought out, and thereby generating price baiting opportunities for seemingly indefinite periods of time without any of the risk that is associated with it.

Someone is using a bug to gain a significant advantage over others, plain and simple.
  • I personally actually low bait all the time. If you don't check the price, that's your own fault. But I don't exploit like the person in the picture by having two people in negotiation. I list mine at a super low price and if someone buys it, oh well.
  • ^ That I do frequently. I will usually look for the lowest per unit price (assuming its not absurdly low like in this case) then list just below that to guarantee a quick sale.
  • XifentXifent ✭✭
    The problem is that if you trying to buy the listed item for 9g, you can't you get send a offer message. It be one thing if one lower the price of an items so other can listed the same price but another if you cant even buy them out because of a glitch, a bug or a hack. Could enmasse check this person strange behavior with the market, the thing he is doing is straight out exploit.
  • NeianNeian ✭✭
    edited June 2016
    It should be made that even if a person is in negotiation you can still buy out the item :x
  • NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    Last night, I was buying MWA off broker, and saw 913 MWA for 3 gold each and total of 2.7k for all. Obviously, it was bought in a instant. I felt bad for the scammed person.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, i also fell for this one thinking that the price actually dropped this much due to the recent events to actually find out later that i got tricked. It is really sad to see how far some players can go to earn some extra virtual currency when there is the vanguards that can give as much without having to be red handed.

Anyway, good job raising the awareness.
  • AnjonAnjon ✭✭
    Natsume260 wrote: »
    people calling this an exploit, but it is not an exploit at all, it is a good way to teach people to double check the prices before they place an item to broker.

Care to try that again?
  • YesunaYesuna ✭✭
    so someone making feedstock cheaper. i dunno if i want him to be gone.

They're making it cheaper for themselves (because they'll instantly buy out whoever lists at minimum price before you can get there) and reselling at a higher price. You still want them around?
  • EndevaEndeva ✭✭✭✭✭
    62b2e45990.jpg
    This guy should be banned for constantly locking himself in negotiation...
  • DeimanDeiman ✭✭
    Yesuna wrote: »
    so someone making feedstock cheaper. i dunno if i want him to be gone.

They're making it cheaper for themselves (because they'll instantly buy out whoever lists at minimum price before you can get there) and reselling at a higher price. You still want them around?

what about the people that buy the cheep ones and sell them for more to make the price go higher its the same thing no one is posting about that
  • Shoot them with a toy tank and claim your free loot