Beware of Fake Auctions to crash market prices (AKA Negotiation function needs a timer)

1235»

Comments

• This isn't exactly what OP is talking about but...

Q1wwpEJ.png

I feel bad for this guy :/

3mzid6y.png

From TR~
  • neoakneoak ✭✭
    He keeps at it

cSPRskl.png
  • I dont see how this is an exploit or cheating or scamming... People have the option to check selling prices and enter their own price or use trade chat. Nobody is saying they will pay more and then giving less to scam
  • JoHighnesJoHighnes
    edited June 2016
    MattOsiris wrote: »
    I dont see how this is an exploit or cheating or scamming... People have the option to check selling prices and enter their own price or use trade chat. Nobody is saying they will pay more and then giving less to scam

The issue is not that they are putting up items at lower prices to lower the market prices. The issue is that they are exploiting the fact that negotiations lock the item and never time out to prevent anyone from buying the cheap items they put up.
  • SinastriaSinastria ✭✭✭
    'cause of exploiting a mechanic in a way it is unintended?

Trade is basically a form of pvp, so lowballing, buy cheap and sell higher is somehow fine.

Lock a sale is not.

Imagine someone duping stuff or abusing glitches to oneshot people. Pretty sure you would shout for a insta ban.
  • AetonaAetona ✭✭✭
    Locking yourself into a negotiation is an exploit. Thankfully you can shoot them with a toy tank like @ErinKitten has mentioned. I did it last night to the person and I'll probably do it again if he pops up again.
  • AetonaAetona ✭✭✭
    Because their main is most likely around there. There isn't much point in moving around a lot just to be able to keep yourself in a negotiation.