[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Could someone PLEASE lower the number of Goddess's Tears needed for the Quatrefoil Brooch?

13»

Comments

• Mobius1Mobius1 ✭✭✭
    Those types of things should be cosmetic only.
  • PixelatorPixelator ✭✭✭✭
    Mobius1 wrote: »
    I say a 700k+ pricetag for an item that only gives a 2% boost, is way too difficult to obtain.

It always amazes me how people will try to rationalize a crazy ridiculous grind, that shouldn't exist.
    That's just it. It's perfect this way. The uber leet min-maxers will go for them no matter how expensive or how marginal of an improvement it is. This spurs a market for the materials, which less hardcore players like you and I can profit from. And then even if we don't have it, we're not left at a large disadvantage.
  • AngelishAngelish ✭✭✭
    Xaera wrote: »
    Wow, I have no idea where all this gold is coming from. Since I started playing again a week or two before the Ninja patch, I've only made 90k. No large purchases with it either.

Meanwhile Ive been playing for years and only have like 5k.

Rip my life
  • XaeraXaera ✭✭✭
    Major inflation happened during my hiatus it seems.

Also, I'm currently shocked the brooch isn't as good as it seems. Perhaps I should just make a quickcarve instead.
  • tfw crit proc quatrefoil brooch 2cd95f51e0.jpg
  • msoltysplmsoltyspl ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    The item is a mix of a cash shop and an endless simplistic grind (please don't ever call it hard) baits. ITOW, it's your typical, korean tedium .... again .... substituting real / challenging / varied / interesting content. And you all fall into it like obedient puppies - obediently farming most boring "content" this game has ever had (since bam nerfs at least) in a forced solo mode. And with strictly daily limits on top of that =)

Aside epeen waving there's nothing special about it either (especially for the required price or tedium level). Boo hoo, you will make a tiny bit more overall dps once per 3 minutes. Big deal.

Move along and don't bother with it ?
  • msoltysplmsoltyspl ✭✭✭
    i've actually took into the account of calculating the most cheapest way to achieve one yourself and yes it's a bit grindy but basically by grinding 6 iods ( shadetop/shadecores ) on 5 characters a day for 30 days straight will get you 330ish goddess tears

But that's not gaming. That's slaving.
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    msoltyspl wrote: »
    i've actually took into the account of calculating the most cheapest way to achieve one yourself and yes it's a bit grindy but basically by grinding 6 iods ( shadetop/shadecores ) on 5 characters a day for 30 days straight will get you 330ish goddess tears

But that's not gaming. That's slaving.
    Don't you know? If they get something at the end, the gameplay of fighting those BAMs is that much greater! Otherwise they get "bored" with "nothing to do", because the gameplay turns to [filtered] and BAMs suddenly become boring (like they are always). Kappa.
  • UltemeciaUltemecia ✭✭✭
    msoltyspl wrote: »
    The item is a mix of a cash shop and an endless simplistic grind (please don't ever call it hard) baits. ITOW, it's your typical, korean tedium .... again .... substituting real / challenging / varied / interesting content. And you all fall into it like obedient puppies - obediently farming most boring "content" this game has ever had (since bam nerfs at least) in a forced solo mode. And with strictly daily limits on top of that =)

Aside epeen waving there's nothing special about it either (especially for the required price or tedium level). Boo hoo, you will make a tiny bit more overall dps once per 3 minutes. Big deal.

Move along and don't bother with it ?

I agree with like 95% of what you said, but tell me what item is cash shop in it? If you mean you need to sell items from the cash shop or sell emp that argument could be made for affording feedstock for slaughter, or for vm7 mats/designs, or really anything else in the game.
  • MorokuMoroku ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    OP, you do realise that half of the people defending the grind hate the game grind for +15 right? So, in short, everyone who is defending the brooch has @utism. Karp Karp

PS: just get the old brooches from last patch :D
  • XaeraXaera ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    I actually decided to do that. I already had nearly all of the mats for it (gathered them for quatrefoil). Then I gathered more. Fairly close now. Design is the problem though.