[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

How to unlink my steam from Tera?

Hello!
So I started playing this game years ago, but didn't play much. At that time I created an account and downloaded the game through the website. Recently I wanted to try the game again, and figured I would try it through steam as I could track my hours. But now that I see I can't really switch accounts (I want more character slots), I wanted to go back to using the client through the website. On my steam account, I've got names I'm quite fond of and I didn't think about deleting my characters on steam before uninstalling and reinstall the game through the website.

So how do I unlink my steam from Tera? Do I have to download the game on steam again in order to do so?

Thank you in advance!

Best Answer

• SunniieSunniie
    Accepted Answer
    Looked around on youtube, steam discussions and so on. And I have been able to link my Steam based account to the website :D With this I can still log in on the normal client with my steam based account, and I can switch between accounts.

Thank you for helping me :D

Answers

• I pretty sure u can just start the game without steam.
    Go into the tera installation folder, somewhere in \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Game name, i think...
    Find the executable called tera-launcher.exe, and use it. Put a shortcut to your desktop.
  • I pretty sure u can just start the game without steam.
    Go into the tera installation folder, somewhere in \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Game name, i think...
    Find the executable called tera-launcher.exe, and use it. Put a shortcut to your desktop.

Thank you for your reply!
    I think I tried that, but it still opened with steam. I might have done it wrong... Anyway, I've already downloaded the NA and the EU version of the game (didn't know there were two different versions....) So now I just want to unlink my steam and delete my "steam account" from Tera. How do I unlink my steam from Tera? :#
  • Equitas wrote: »
    Sign into your account management page, select the Profile Management tab, scroll down to the CONNECTION SETTINGS section, and click Disconnect next to where it reads that your Steam account is connected.

It says my steam account is NOT connected, and there's not a connect or disconnect button beside it. Should I just try and submit a ticket?
  • SunniieSunniie
    edited April 2018
    Equitas wrote: »
    What I would do is change your TERA password. That way, Steam will no longer be able to automatically sign you in.

Oooh, smart! Problem is though... I don't know the password or even the e-mail steam is using to log in on TERA.

When I first wanted to link my TERA account to steam I got some kind of error. It wasn't my e-mail or password being incorrect. I tried googling the error, but nothing showed up. I was too impatient (and a friend was waiting for me) to figure it properly out, so I didn't link my already existing account. Instead I chose the other option which was "Play via Steam". So I think I made a steam based account on TERA?