[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] The Awakening update (v84) is now live on all console servers! Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/v84notes

April 17th 2018 - Patch Notes

Comments

• CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @Rapunzzel said:
    > Well done; rally time sucks now. For those who have nightshift or are sleeping.
    > Give me a break.

Tbh rally time will always suck for a certain part of the playerbase. This time around eu players and people that work night shift are getting shafted but let's be honest; we're the minority here since this is an NA server.
    The best course of action would be to make 2 rallies but eme said it's not possible yet so we will see how that goes.
  • CornishRex wrote: »
    > @Rapunzzel said:
    > Well done; rally time sucks now. For those who have nightshift or are sleeping.
    > Give me a break.

Tbh rally time will always suck for a certain part of the playerbase. This time around eu players and people that work night shift are getting shafted but let's be honest; we're the minority here since this is an NA server.
    The best course of action would be to make 2 rallies but eme said it's not possible yet so we will see how that goes.

it was way better if they splitted the times. like half week at the morning / afternoon and half week at night. cuz there's literally 6 rallies per week. so 3 -3. with 1 pvp one on each. what's the problem?
    3KG54P5JHR wrote: »
    CornishRex wrote: »
    > @Rapunzzel said:
    > Give me a break.

it was way better if they splitted the times. like half week at the morning / afternoon and half week at night. cuz there's literally 6 rallies per week. so 3 -3. with 1 pvp one on each. what's the problem?

Actually that's a great idea, shouldn't be a problem to do at all
  • How long do we have for "Returning Heroes" to Login? ie will this still be active in May 13th?
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭✭
    Corumm wrote: »
    How long do we have for "Returning Heroes" to Login? ie will this still be active in May 13th?

Returning Heroes is an already existing system to help anyone who hasn't played in a month or more catch up, this is probably just a modification to that system ti get you to FM+0, especially considering the new gear tier is releasing with new dungeons in about a month or two.
    Equitas wrote: »
    I can't speak for the accuracy of the patch notes, as I haven't looked through them and compared them to other regions, but I can say that I don't want to see EU players complaining about Rally times. I don't want to see them complaining about times for anything, for that matter. You're choosing to forgo playing on a network that caters to your time zone in favor of playing on North American servers.

For a long time NA tera was the default region on steam for EU players hence a lot of them play here. NA tera also doesn't only represent itself as "north american region only" or at least it didn't before. It was always considered the global region, where eu players would flock to since gameforge used to be real bad (how the tables have turned). It was also the go-to region for NZ, AUS, SA players as well.
    Heck, one of the players complaining here is just an american guy that works night shifts.
    Hell you can even choose portugese and spanish language options on the forums (now after the console version hit they added french and german so I won't count those), and South america certainly isn't North america... :thonk:
    Also Dreamstorm used to occur during eu friendly times fyi, don't see why rally couldn't.
    I question the validity of the first part, because I've been reading complaints about the region restriction on Steam for years now. .

I started playing in may 2015 when Tera launched on steam. I'm an eu player but I got defaulted onto this region. That was also the time when gameforge lost a lot of players that joined NA. Gameforge got kinda mad a few months after that, because EU steam was redirecting eu players on the na servers and I think they simply didn't allow eu players to reach the tera page from steam. A year-ish later they got their own version of tera on steam too.
    schedules are tailored to NA
    Eh, the servers are located in the NA region, you can't blame them for using PDT

Event times in general are kinda half/half if I'm being generous. Rally up until now was much more suited for the EU audience (even old rally) as it happened during EU prime times and while americans were working. A lot of surprise events and rewarding events in general also happened while the staff (aka americans) were working which coincides with european prime times, not american. Not to mention the majority of events run in such a way (24 hrs for a few days) that they accommodate all time zones lol
    Through these 3 years of playing tera I can hardly remember an event that happened past 1 am for me honestly.
    Lastly, stop trying to make that subreddit a thing
    No. I'd rather post in a subreddit dedicated to PC with a knowledgeable theorycrafting community than in a subreddit moderated by a nazi mod that does very questionable things and generally acts like an [filtered] 99% of the times, banning people from his discord for linking other tera related discords and such.
  • drkmoscdrkmosc ✭✭
    edited April 2018

The person posted that thread without crediting the original source. Also, I can't say I condone linking to a subreddit moderated (in part) by someone who was banned and still spends his time obsessing over this game, spreading ridiculous propaganda, misinformation, and typing up "manifestos" comprised of nothing but those two things combined. Lastly, stop trying to make that subreddit a thing and splitting up an already small community. If you absolutely cannot be bothered to post in the official forums, then /r/TERAOnline was, is, and will continue to be the official unofficial place to be.

The linked patch notes has been done independantly of that, and both EM and that post haven taken info from similar sources as well as each other, in fact, people from EM have directly helped with that post. And now even EM is updating based on that post.
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2018

They're working to understand the patch to produce accurate patch notes. It would make sense that they work together.

Also, I'd rather have an accurate set of patch notes, than what EME produced.
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    TERA reddit wars.
  • Hello one of EM admins here and one of mods of r/TeraPC.
    The person posted that thread without crediting the original source.

I honestly have no idea why you think EM is the original source. Yeah I helped with some of the info on patchnotes but they are more detailed than EM's page - in fact I'm currently updating relevant info from the notes.
    Also, I can't say I condone linking to a subreddit moderated (in part) by someone who was banned and still spends his time obsessing over this game, spreading ridiculous propaganda, misinformation, and typing up "manifestos" comprised of nothing but those two things combined.

Sorry about Bern, he's kicked (as of now), thanks for that. He only was there because he couldn't look how we derped around a bit with the CSS.
    Lastly, stop trying to make that subreddit a thing and splitting up an already small community. If you absolutely cannot be bothered to post in the official forums, then /r/TERAOnline was, is, and will continue to be the official unofficial place to be.

Yes we're (TeraPC mod team) trying to "make it a thing" despite our smallish community. The reason ?
    CornishRex wrote: »
    I'd rather post in a subreddit dedicated to PC with a knowledgeable theorycrafting community than in a subreddit moderated by a nazi mod that does very questionable things and generally acts like an [filtered] 99% of the times, banning people from his discord for linking other tera related discords and such.

Enuf said.