Is possible to bring Classic PvP in Tera back?

Yesterday while playing old L2, i was thinking on how much success can have an old Tera server. I mean, before reaper. The classic classes (Lancer, priest, mystic, warrior , sorcer archer, slayer and berserker). Forgeting about "super items" and keeping just the old VM and the PvP Conjunct. Forgeting about all protected areas (wich are almost all now) and flag limitations by level. Bringing back that old classis PvP on that 20s level zones, that was the more fun part of my Tera life for me.
The first CS too.

Is there any chance to make a Classic Server? At least a 6 month trial.

Comments

• PoniloverPonilover ✭✭✭
    no one cares about pvp in tera cuz NO ONE HAS EVER CARED about pvp in tera
    except ppl like you who enjoy pking lowlvl in lubetown
  • Ponilover wrote: »

If you can't post without providing any sort of contribution besides attacking someone for an honest suggestion, why do you even bother?
  • hellnohellno ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I miss the mudkip videos of him murdering people. That was fun to watch. Also Why they changed up PVP gear in the first place makes no damn sense. At least with dual rolls it isnt to bad but still not great since sometimes you need 2 rolls for different things. I hope in the future they give us more options than 2
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Classic server is WAY more work than just opening up another thread on server hardware and roll an old build. I'm not sure if the hardware even is properly supporting the older code, even this could have changed.

Changing back the PVP to Lv 11 onwards could be a lot easier but.... eh dunno if they're gonna ever do it. As said on other identical topics, PVP at low levels was only a thing during the 1st 15 levels pas 11 or so, 20 tops. How much PVP did you do at Lv 42 for example? Also, on the old lengthy leveling that kept you doing yellow quests to no end. You would need to revamp the leveling for it to make sense, and convince people to level AGAIN, and SLOWER. Doable, dunno if worth or will they do it.

Remembering old CS, if it's old CS to the last word, dammit no thanks. It could take friggin' ages. The match would take 15 minutes if the anchorstone wasn't destroyed before that time, regardless of the team AFKing or leaving 1 HP left on it when clock strikes, and then proceed to another 15 minutes of beating a dead horse cause the round wouldn't end until the stone is broken. I recall there was like ONE situation where the match would be shorter but there was like millions of ways to make it at least 15 min. long if not full 30.

Eh, OK being able to block gate with the tank and not having inner cannons and bombs may be fun but... Dunno if they're THAT bad to make it worth rolling all back.

I just want my Kumasylum so I can carry candy with all the old hiding spots please...
  • Kira98Kira98 ✭✭✭
    N-O-P-E PVP is dead.
  • As others have said, likely hood of it ever returning is almost nil:
    I'm guessing when the OP says PVP S/he means PK.

With current gear tokens the levels go: 22, 27, 34, 38, 44, 50, 55, 58, 60, 62, then 64 wep then full 65 setup.

Maybe one way to implement a PK only server and keep with the current game system of levelling up and easiness of getting gear and weps would be to set PK restrictions:

Levels 1 to 21 100% safe no pvp/pk allowed anywhere.
    then set ranges:
    22 to 26
    27 to 33
    34 to 37
    38 to 43
    44 to 49
    50 to 54
    55 to 57
    58 to 59
    60 to 61
    62 to 63
    64 against 64
    65 412 to 430
    65 431 to 438
    65 439 without awakening to 65 445 without awakening
    65 439 with awakening to 65 445 with awakening
    65 446 against 65 446

I think even players that normally hate pvp would be willing to try it with that kind of system, as it more about the skill of the player not the gear and / or level they at.

Personally, and this is just my own opinion, I don't think pve and pvp/pk should ever be in the same game.
    Should either be pure PVE, no duelling or anything against other players, or if there is some form of pvp, make it so there is no benefit of doing it apart from just passing time in the game.
    OR
    Pure PVP/PK.

Happy awakening folks
  • Ponilover wrote: »

I never ever pked someone.

Im sure there is ppl missing that ol pvp. I really wish a "pvp" server (real one, the actual ones are bad jokes). And of course, a server that is not a grind fest. Just get your old classic character level 1 to the old Island of Down... level it at the old fashioned way, with the correct learning curve.
    And of course the most important part: Forget about stupid items, and just play with your skill, luck and latency when you re triying to fight someone.

The old Tera had that sometime. I remember a lot of really funny fights on Vanguard Outpost, around level 20, fighting with other 20s in that old garbage items, with the classic classes. (Even when they never been well balanced, they were alot better than now, with all those ugly new classes spaming Aoe all over the place, making the fight invisible with all those colorfull skills all around the screen).

This old PVP is what i miss.

Someone said something about the 30 minutes CS. Yes, 30 minutes, but if your team is already doomed you can use the second round to PVP around, forgettin about objetives and that was fun at that time. (Remember, im always talking about CLASSIC TERA, just priest, mystic, slayer zerker sorcerer archer lancer warrior.... nothing more). AFK are stil a problem tho.

My feeling is that BHS is wasting this game making it extremely PVE oriented. I dont know about u guys, but i get bored really soon of making all the days the same dungeons, over and over. No matter how much new dungeons they add... they become boring fast. Because they never will get the adrenaline and the unexpected part of a PVP.

I want if it is possible, a Staff response about it. I mean, if making this is 100% impossible for technical reasons or because is not "money making" as the pve or what.

• ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    [...]. level it at the old fashioned way, with the correct learning curve.
    [...]

Sorry but.... that never actually existed.
    There was LONGER leveling, but not much better learning curve. Better? Meh could be better, but CORRECT is a wild stretch. I can say for experience, that during my 60 levels of noobness on old TERA leveling I learned nothing of my class. Really, nothing.
    [...]
    Someone said something about the 30 minutes CS. Yes, 30 minutes, but if your team is already doomed you can use the second round to PVP around, forgettin about objetives and that was fun at that time. (Remember, im always talking about CLASSIC TERA, just priest, mystic, slayer zerker sorcerer archer lancer warrior.... nothing more). AFK are stil a problem tho.
    [...]

Well, that is highly subjective of course, and as you've seen I definitely don't hold those times of 30 minutes of a team PVPing randomly cause they lost as fond times. It was just a way of forcing me to stay there cause 15 min. dropout (or was it even longer) would even out the 15 min of the lost round but give no credits. The entire point of CS was to enter it BECAUSE of the objective, FWC was way more of the pure PVP even tho still not 100% kill only and done. In fact, the biggest chunk of my losses were because people would enter it with the set mentality of "I don't care if we win or not I just came here to PVP" and would pick lead, and NOT pass it. Thankfully kick voting was unanimity based so yeah we had to stick with that one that decided to screw another 19 people.

Yeah I definitely don't have the most fond memories of old CS. The time when kicks became majority and Lv 30s were still there (was a very tiny gap sadly) was the best in my opinion. There was some extra changes to the time of the rounds (like the pyre caps and not giving the enemy more time) that changed strategies into way more complex stuff and that's exactly what I queued CS for.

Again, not wrong to like that as it's entirely subjective, but yeah no thanks. If it's an entirely separate CS then be it but.... no I don't want it back if you ask me for a vote.

On your part of BHS chosing PVE focus, that's a Korean thing for sure, as money-wise I would also bet 50-50 for a western game. PVP does need a revamp indeed, but nah old CS and remove new classes not the thing in my view
  • No i dont want new classes get erased either.
    My idea is a new alternative EXPERIMENTAL server, PvP oriented, with the classic classes and skills. And no items bigger than VM1.