[TERA Console] The Grotto of Lost Souls update (v85) is now live! Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/TERACon_v85

[TERA PC] The 64-bit update (v97) is now live. Check out all the changes delivered on August 11 here: https://bit.ly/tera64_patchnotes
[TERA PC & CONSOLE] Summerfest Part 2: The Beach Bash is on from August 11 until September 1! Participate in event activities to earn tokens redeemable for costumes, consumables, mounts, and more! Details: https://bit.ly/tera_sf20

Priest hit by MASSIVE NERF with Godsfall update

124»

Comments

• CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    After doing quite a few 439s on my priest with players of varying skill (from straight up terrible dps, to learning dps, to skilled and great dps) I decided to write my experiences with the new skills.

Right after awakening my priest I felt like I was writing with my wrong hand for a while. Healers don't have a set rotation but your muscle memory is set to react in a specific way during certain situations. So naturally at first I felt like we were a bit nerfed in our healing department.

After a few runs I finally got used to awakening and I feel like healing wasn't nerfed that hard, it was just distributed accordingly, since we got 2-3 new healing skills. Positioning matters more now and priest playstyle became much more active, I love it. Healing during Edict of Judgement is not that bad either, Holy Burst gets a tiny cd and it becomes pretty spammable, Shocking Implosion isn't all that bad either for healing during Edict. The only issue is lack of self heal and kaia but hey, risk/reward is pretty sweet.

Edict of Judgement is not really a situational skill, it should be used during every/every second enrage (depending how fast or slow your party is) akin to Guardian Shout and Adrenaline Rush that Lancers have. Hell, healing during Edict kinda sucks for me since I can't use half of my heals, so keeping up with bad dps during Edict of Judgement can go straight into nightmare territory sometimes.

All in all you just have to play smarter and not waste all of your heals. Instead of pre locking on focus heal before an attack I just started throwing Holy Burst right as it hits, similar to what I used to do on Mystic with their Boomerang.

There definitely are a lot of skills to use now but I feel it was for the better. A lot of people complained healers were too boring and braindead to play (which they definitely were, especially in skilled parties and easy/mid tier dungeons) but now that has changed and I it's definitely a welcome one.

Not being able to use mana charge in fwc sucks though and focus heal is near useless now but eh, I didn't use it that much anyway.
  • Been thinking that about Focus heal too. It's currently on my left mouse button but there is just so much stuff to do that I don't even bother wich such a weak heal.
    That said maybe it's a bit better with the chest roll for +15% healing? Haven't tried that one yet.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Norafin wrote: »
    Been thinking that about Focus heal too. It's currently on my left mouse button but there is just so much stuff to do that I don't even bother wich such a weak heal.
    That said maybe it's a bit better with the chest roll for +15% healing? Haven't tried that one yet.

Same keybind for me too, I use it to top people off if they're near full hp but honestly there are better heals I could use for that...
    I still prefer kaia cd line and since I barely have any healing rolls on my gear (mostly it's endurance on jewelry or attack speed/grounding vyrsks) I don't think it would make much of a difference.
  • I have the 15% roll on my chest and most of the healing rolls. Focus hits for about 20-30k depending on crit. It's useful in a pinch or for topping off. Or on squirrely archers that dodge all my heals. I'll probably re-evaluate it when I get Apex though.
  • BonbonnieBonbonnie ✭✭✭
    Bonbonnie wrote: »
    Back to duo healers for dungeons, I guess.

Ehh, I heal just fine solo though. As long as people actually know not to face tank.

Good luck with them pugs in dungeons. All I ever get.
  • once u get apex just remove focus heal from the bar, no use, u have too many massive aoe heals that even if u have facetankers u can manage. Also I found charge speed on words of vitality top line on chest way better than kais shield cd since in 439 dungeon and higher u keep kaias for certain mechanics. Faster charge on words of vitality means it goes faster on cd means u will have up a massive heal buff faster. Also kaias with the new passive is almost all the time up so even when u are in trouble it will be back up. Cheers hope I helped a little :)