HEALERS in Corsairs

edited April 26 in PvP Discussion
I am actually quite shocked that a thread hasn't been started yet to address the serious issue with healing in Corsairs. I see healers complaining about it in game and I've spoken to handfuls of healers who refuse to queue into Corsairs anymore. I feel like I woke up in a bad dream or it's april fools and Enmasse is playing a crazy joke on us. The healing now with the current equalization gear is an absolute disaster. I was complaining about healing way back before this patch came out when I would only heal for 31k with my titanic favor (main target heal) on my mystic, BUT now.. holy hell.. 16k heals? That is a 50% drop from what it was before. With health pools of players around 150k how does this make ANY sense? The problem on top of this is that the damage classes in corsairs appear to have been buffed and the damage output is way beyond what it should be. The healing to damage comparison is insanely uneven. Not to mention the fact that we can't use awakened skills has made this even worse.. (not that mystics awakened skills really did much to help with the 50% healing reduction). All awakened has done for mystics is turned us into a hybrid DPS healing class. If i wanted more damage I would log onto a damn damage class and not heal at all. The point of being on a healer is to HEAL!

Can we please get a GM to log onto the game as a healer and go into Corsairs!!! Tell me there isn't something wrong? I am literally tickling my teammates health and I feel absolutely useless in Corsairs. I'd do better just standing around with my thumb up my [filtered]. This patch was supposed to be exciting for everyone but I feel like healers were duped and screwed over BIG TIME! At least for PVP! The way it looks for mystics in PVE is they've turned into mote/thrall spamming damage wh*res with less healing power. Thanks! I wish there was a way to revert this patch and go back to the way it was. I'll take that 31k heals in corsairs back with no complaint ever again.

Comments

• ZingoPingoZingoPingo ✭✭✭
    Can you please stop spamming the forums. A thread in General Discussion & PVP exists and you've already posted & made your opinion known.
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/25496/please-fix-heals
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/25500/lmao-like-really
  • CampaignerCampaigner ✭✭
    edited May 15
    I feel like there is a group of healers in every mmo that wants healer to be a mindless, overpowered dispenser of invincibility. That's part of the reason I quit SWTOR, because no one ever died in battlegrounds.
  • MarcusCrassusMarcusCrassus ✭✭✭
    I preffer healers this way. They was extremely OP. 1 heal before, can fix 75% of hp if not more.
  • MyxMyx ✭✭
    Meanwhile I think back on fraywind matches where halve the team trys to kill one priest and he simply trololol his way through them. xD
  • Maleficent94Maleficent94 ✭✭✭
    I feel like people who don’t main healers and constantly do cs/ fwc at this point don’t and won’t get it. Too busy measuring [filtered] sizes.
  • MyxMyx ✭✭
    What I meant were fraywind matches from 2012-15, sry if it wasn't clear enough. ^^
  • ToxicDemiseToxicDemise ✭✭
    edited May 29
    Funny that you would all say that considering I bet none of you have ever healed in PVP before.

Dps are constantly complaining about heals now. DPS can't have it both ways.. 1) Expect to be healed as fast as they are taking damage since most dps classes crit as high as 50-70k damage or even more.. 2) Kill opponents faster now because the healers on their team are tickling their health pool.

I love how people find enjoyment out of the expense of others.. Healers feel pretty useless in Corsairs now thank you very much Enmasse/BH.. Even if I still have totem, boomerang, and motes. My main reliable heal is Titanic Favor and I am barely raising my target's health pools. No one picks up motes, boomerang is only aimed at those in front of you, and totem is unreliable with a 20 second CD.

The point is the damage compared to the healing is completely unbalanced. Healers feel useless in Corsairs especially when dps are crying about not getting heals even though healers are legit spamming every heal they have on them.
  • MyxMyx ✭✭
    I never expect any heal to support me. (I know they have a hard time with me) But the same goes for every over class/player in the bg. (expecting nothing from random players is the best what I can do for my mental health in bg ^^)
    If dps crying about heal and you do your best its not your fault. If they don't pick up motes its not your fault. And if they can't dodge at least a part of all incoming dmg they shouldn't enter a bg mode.
    So less healing ability means nothing else than higher skill of all players is required while the release on console flooded the game with noobs.
    Your problem are bad players not low healing ability. :P
  • GisborneGisborne ✭✭
    edited June 13
    (i hope these changes dont come on console) clean and heal ist the key on corsair, if u not clean bevore you heal, the dds die like flys, but u need time to cast clean, and time to cast heal, and not all healers stand behind you, some are maintarget and have to survive or are doing something oO...as mystic i try 2 run around and hope i dont lost a single one near me, but this is hard work and i think its a question of experience...as healer, you cant do it right for all, and its always your fault xD but you can try your best, and hope, its enough....it's also a question of attitude, i personally hate when i lose somebody, i get mad at myself and want to improve myself, others do not care and they just spam their heals listlessly, without thinking and with less gameintellegence and overview....but thats not a only healer problem xD
  • I mean healers have always had it rough in Eq. Battle grounds. Good example is 3s, they've always had the worst armor update after update. Its still VM1 and we've got Skills that's bases are so high that its pretty easy to drop a healer. There probably wont be any other changes towards them for it because Tera seems to be moving in a direction that is PVE/Social Focus than PvP. Yeah they might add something new every few updates, but as a whole PvP is pretty much gone on PC. People still PvP so I cant say its still fully dead, and shoot ppl still Que 3s more then ever. Its more like a skill gap, if your having trouble you've just gotta work around it or have friends that can peel. Tera has never been a soft game for PvP. You either learn your class to the point you can play with your eyes close, have enough friends to cover for you, or just dont and enjoy the game for what it is.
    edited August 14
    Shouts wrote: »
    I mean healers have always had it rough in Eq. Battle grounds. Good example is 3s, they've always had the worst armor update after update. Its still VM1 and we've got Skills that's bases are so high that its pretty easy to drop a healer. There probably wont be any other changes towards them for it because Tera seems to be moving in a direction that is PVE/Social Focus than PvP. Yeah they might add something new every few updates, but as a whole PvP is pretty much gone on PC. People still PvP so I cant say its still fully dead, and shoot ppl still Que 3s more then ever. Its more like a skill gap, if your having trouble you've just gotta work around it or have friends that can peel. Tera has never been a soft game for PvP. You either learn your class to the point you can play with your eyes close, have enough friends to cover for you, or just dont and enjoy the game for what it is.

Yeah but what you're basically saying is we should just settle with what BH and Enmasse are giving us. They need to realize that the PVP community is actually really active, and a good portion of their player base does in fact PVP. They need to start listening to our damn feedback rather than pushing it off to the side. They should take some time away from focusing on their next PVE dungeon release and perhaps bring in some new PVP content besides this pathetic gridiron that is only for a few hours over the weekend. We haven't had a new battleground where you can play as yourself in forever. The focus is always PVE, and I am growing sick and tired of the neglect they have with PVP content in this game. Don't even get me started on the matchmaking system for PVP, as well as the rating system as both are a complete and utter joke all in itself.
    edited August 16
    So our heals were nerfed into the ground, and the only thing that kept me going into CS as a mystic was my thralls... especially thrall of vengeance.

via Patch notes:
    Thrall of Vengeance
    Decreased PVP damage by 70 percent.

Thanks!
    All the more reason for mystic healers not to enter this POS battleground. Thanks for making us pretty much useless!! I am sooo enjoying my class now. I swear Enmasse, and BH are looking for ways to destroy the PVP content in this game.