[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

The Gold Talent Problem

Goldent Talents are 45+ gold each now I remember at one point they were only 7 gold each it feels really dum to buy them now since they have now went up like Bitcoin.

Currently they are going for this price because the only way to obtain them reliably is to farm low tier island of dawn bams, we get 14 per vanguard so on 1 character we can farm about 224 gold talents. This is with the anniversary event and when this event ends the double item vanguard reward won't be there anymore so we will only be getting 7 gold talents per vanguard making the supply of gold talents even less so they will probably go up even more.

With the additive event which caused alot of gold to come into the game this will also only make gold talents go up too.

The main problem is because the only source for gold talents that is reliable is island of dawn low tier bams this is the only way to get a decent amount or from the story quests but these can only be done once.

On EU however gold talents are stable at around 10-20 gold each and they don't even have double vanguard item rewards for island of dawn, this is because they can also be farmed by running dungeons because every run players will recieve Elleon's Mark of Valor tokens and 100 of these can be exchanged for a box with 150 gold talents inside or 40 tokens for a box with 60 gold talents inside.

Also TERA Club which is EUs version of Elite Status will give a box that contains 40 gold talents every day that means every player with TERA club will provide a decent supply of them into the game.

Our elite gift box has a chance to give gold talents too but I have only ever gotten 20 and this is a chance gift while as the EU gift is 40 guaranteed.

Anyway I really wonder how high gold talents will go, since after the anniversary event less of them will be coming into the game.
What does everyone else think of the bottleneck that is the gold talents?

Comments

• kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    i mean what did people expect when they put a ton of gems into the game lol
  • I see nothing wrong with the way golden talents are in the game right now. Even when it reverts back to the 1 box per vanguard reward.

Why? Because the low tier IOD is easy. MMO's are basically free market experiments, given that they work purely off "Supply and Demand".

The demand for an item surpasses the supply? The price goes up.
    The supply for an item surpasses the demand? The price goes down.

So really it's not different that EU at all, given that if you were to just farm them yourself, you would be getting more gold per talent due to the lack of supply. And I'm strongly against EME taking any action whatsoever to try to influence the ingame markets other than the occasional event.
  • ThukingThuking ✭✭✭
    So what is your prediction after the anniversary event are they going to be 100+ gold each?
  • ThukingThuking ✭✭✭
    So really it's not different that EU at all, given that if you were to just farm them yourself, you would be getting more gold per talent due to the lack of supply. And I'm strongly against EME taking any action whatsoever to try to influence the ingame markets other than the occasional event.

Actually it is very different from EU as they get about the same dungeon drops with additional Elleon's Mark of Valor tokens which we do not get, they can pretty much farm gold talents without ever visiting island of dawn.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    I think there is a big push to level armor/weap right now, which is increasing demand. People are getting item xp as fast as they can while the getting is good. What happens next will depend on how many people take a break after this month.
  • it's just an inflation event, you'll earn more gold and everything will become more expensive.

solution is to go and farm the golden talents yourself.
  • ThukingThuking ✭✭✭
    it's just an inflation event, you'll earn more gold and everything will become more expensive.

solution is to go and farm the golden talents yourself.

I have been but what about the players that are missing out on this event, they are going to be so far behind.
    edited May 2018
    How is this an inflation event? The price of talents has gone a bit wonky, but it's because everyone is burning their gems and gold to take advantage of the item xp boost, surely.

None of what we are getting seems game breaking or inflationary to me.

I was just thinking today how I would have expected the price of emeralds to be in the toilet because of the increased motivation and ease of running Guardian missions, but instead they are almost a 100 gold more.

50% increased gold from Vanguards does not seem enough to be driving the prices up this much. It has to be increased demand...

Edit for additional thought:
    ..and if it were the extra gold available from the vangurds causing price inflation, wouldn't the price of EMP be going up? last I checked (two days ago) it was still selling at 1:35 or 1:40, which it has been for the last two months + on my server.

While it is frustrating when you need some, this seems a natural consequence of more people gearing up and not enough new influx. People are selling their stashes and as those run out, prices are going up.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    Thuking wrote: »
    I have been but what about the players that are missing out on this event, they are going to be so far behind.
    don't worry about it

literally anyone can go out and farm talents, they don't need to be spoonfed just because they don't play
  • Catservant wrote: »
    How is this an inflation event? The price of talents has gone a bit wonky, but it's because everyone is burning their gems and gold to take advantage of the item xp boost, surely.

I was just thinking today how I would have expected the price of emeralds to be in the toilet because of the increased motivation and ease of running Guardian missions, but instead they are almost a 100 gold more.

50% increased gold from Vanguards does not seem enough to be driving the prices up this much. It has to be increased demand...

..and if it were the extra gold available from the vangurds causing price inflation, wouldn't the price of EMP be going up? last I checked (two days ago) it was still selling at 1:35 or 1:40, which it has been for the last two months + on my server.

While it is frustrating when you need some, this seems a natural consequence of more people gearing up and not enough new influx. People are selling their stashes and as those run out, prices are going up.

Master Additive, craft 10 emeralds into 2 diamonds.
    I only have 70 additives, but there are people with hundreds.

you can do guardians in 30 minutes with turbo for about 10 emeralds (after crafting) for 20k gold.
    this means you could earn 40k gold per hour.
    most people are running guardians across many alts.
    I have 16 lv65 in total (if I was completely insane or wanted to go insane) I could earn 320k gold per day of turbo with an 8 hour super grind.

I'm far too lazy to actually do this and too lazy to continue the math.

but you get the idea...
  • StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    cuz you want fast, cheap without spend time , gold and enfort
    Catservant wrote: »

Master Additive, craft 10 emeralds into 2 diamonds.
    I only have 70 additives, but there are people with hundreds.

you can do guardians in 30 minutes with turbo for about 10 emeralds (after crafting) for 20k gold.
    this means you could earn 40k gold per hour.
    most people are running guardians across many alts.
    I have 16 lv65 in total (if I was completely insane or wanted to go insane) I could earn 320k gold per day of turbo with an 8 hour super grind.

I'm far too lazy to actually do this and too lazy to continue the math.

but you get the idea...

I'm not disagreeing about their being more gold/gold equivalents in the system, I'm saying it can't be driving the inflation of talents because the EMP ratio seems to be stable (at least on my server) Inflation because of more gold, would drive up ALL prices equally, including costumes.

Which means all or most of that extra gold and gems are being poured into the gearing gold sink. When the people currently gearing up slow down, we will see what happens. Yes the supply and gold will drop some, but so (most likely) will the demand.

I'm only arguing theoretical economics here. Whether I am right or not hardly matters really, as I do think you are 100% correct about the solution: People would be best served by taking a deep breath, resign themselves to slower gearing, and farm the talents themself.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Can we get back to the issue at hand: that the only way to get golden talents at a decent rate is to farm really easy/boring content nonstop, and even then the amount you get is pitiful?

High tier content should just give everyone who participates 50 golden talents, problem solved. Actually it should be higher. God knows they'd burn it up in an instant turning it into plates; it'd be like nothing for someone who actually plays the game and is enchanting their gear. The shortage is real; there's no reason anyone in BiS gear should have to backtrack to the easiest, dumbest, most boring parts of the game just to enchant their stuff. Especially not when there's a limit on how many vanguards one can do in a day. I'm sick of wasting vanguards on boring IOD solo garbage.

And of course, like clockwork, here come the people who probably never progressed past Ravenous Gorge talking about how everyone wants talent handouts when the simplest solution, that many people have asked for multiple times, is to implement MORE ways to earn talents by just playing the game. I haven't heard a word out of you "muh handouts" folks about this zero-cooldown event that hands out gems like candy, probably because you're enjoying the benefits, but OH MAN somebody wants more ways to get talents and it's an outrage. I guess it's because you only do low tier dungeons like RG/SF/KC and make money selling the talents you get there, but it's only a guess. Whatever the reason, pretty much anyone who actually enchants stuff and runs the hardest content this game offers will tell you that there's a shortage, and all of these people are already farming iod even though they hate it, because it's basically the only feasible way to get a crucial enchanting material. Please stop sidestepping the main issue with your "handouts" platitudes so we can get back on track, thanks.

Seriously though just put golden talents in all the dungeons, it's needed in every step of the enchanting process so it should be in every dungeon tier. Make the number of talents scale with the difficulty (harder dungeons give more talents, easier dungeons give less) and you'll be good to go in the eyes of like 99% of people who just want to play the game and progress. Anyone who has a problem with this method is just mad that they won't be able to take advantage of the shortage and sell their talents for 50g apiece. These people are opportunists who don't represent the player-base at large, which is SICK of doing boring solo content for talents.
  • xoBarbxoBarb ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    They were 7gold each before guardians

:'(
    Catservant wrote: »

Emeralds are holding their price/going up because of all the additives being dumped with these biweekly events
  • NopiNopi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thuking wrote: »

Let those who are missing out miss it out. Games like these usually don't leave people behind for too long. Sometimes the gathering will be slower, but still possible for a new player to enter the next day after the event ends and climb up to max gear in a relatively fair amount of time. He just needs a bit more dedication and some more time. But nothing like being completely left behind without opportunity. At least Tera hasn't turned into that... yet.