There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Tuesday (8/21) from 8 A.M. - 11 A.M. PDT

About Harrowhold - few concerns

It has been more than 17 months since the first HH30 came out, and it is also quite a long time since it has been switched to HH20. Well, Harrowhold is the only raid-content in current TERA, and I believe it is supposed to be a real end-game content.
This was quite hard for most of the players so that only a few groups have actually farmed it while the majority of players have ignored it. However, since awaken patch, HH20 did not get any change (other than the nerf on bonus loot table) but players' damage has become was higher so that now there are quite many groups that can clear phase 4. This is great in general I think but lots of them clear it with a sort of glitched strategy such as 1 paw slaying strategy. I believe that this is not intended by Game even if it is still very useful for players.

Indeed, recent patches has almost ignored Harrowhold, so I would like to address my concerns about it with a hope that TERA will not abandon this content.

1. Loot
- Recent patch brought a new gear, Mask, to TERA. So I guess it will be great if TERA adds it to HH loot table.
- About a month ago, EME has removed feedstock and blessed enigmatic scroll from HH loot table since they are outdated item. But those were quite valuable even for now, so it would be better to bring something with similar value to the HH loot table.

2. Anniversary Event.
- During the anniversary event, several dungeons are getting jackpot event every weekend. It is still not done yet, but I wish there will be a jackpot for HH too.

3. Difficulty.
- This idea might be quite disappointing for players, but I think Vergos needs to get buffed a bit. It does not need to be too hard like it used to be, but I think 15~20% of endurance buff would be great. This is because 1-paw slaying strategy. With this strategy, people can skip all mechanics, and all they need to do is "enough damage". Of course it is not that easy, but I guess this is not really an intent of this raid content.
Therefore, about 15% of endurance buff on Vergos would be good enough to make people doing some actual mechanics(but still faster than before awaken patch) instead of brainless dps'ing. If the raid is still great enough, they can still skip all(or most) the mechanics.

Comments

• edited May 17
    Overall I agree with these ideas, but personally, I already felt that BHS has given up Harrowhold, but they are quite busy or skeptical to make a new raid content with current population of the game, so BHS just keeps harrowhold for this long term.

But yes, if dev's want to keep it, they need to do something on it according to current patches.
  • DWDE6GFGWHDWDE6GFGWH ✭✭✭
    I don't think the endurance will be enough to stop slaying zerk/warrior raids though.
  • FonzyFonzy ✭✭
    You're probably one of the brooch sellers getting butthurt now that anybody can clear HH and get a brooch for free. HH has been around for such a long time, it should get removed instead tbh
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭
    edited May 17
    There's no need to buff anything, BHS should just stop releasing broken af new classes or broken class reworks, that's the real problem that you guys try to avoid, period.
    Be smart, if you buff ANYTHING arround awakened class you gonna create a whole new problem cuz there's LOTs of non-awakened classes dealing far less damage, especially Ninja/Sorc.

You can check Moongourd Vergos P4 rn to see that the gap between the best zerk vs the best ninja is a GAME BREAKING 2,87x now (5.3/1.84), btw Zerk is so fkn broken that is dealing almost 100% more damage than the 2nd best dps (a warrior)!!!
    That's how serious the pseudo-"competitive" PVE scene became cuz all of this BHS class rotation BS.

https://moongourd.com/hiscores?area=950&boss=4000&filter=nh&class=All Classes

Edit: For slaying runs the gap between top zerk vs top ninja is 4x hahahaha omfg lol.
    Why there's almost no post complaining about such a serious class balancing issues here since awakened patch release?
    Oh np, there's DS4 coming and you guys gonna understand what i'm saying now when "awakened only" runs became a thing ;)
  • BeomBeom ✭✭
    DWDE6GFGWH wrote: »
    I don't think the endurance will be enough to stop slaying zerk/warrior raids though.

Well, that is somewhat true..if Vergos gets endurance buff, then the raid will probably accept only berserker and warrior which is just another problem.
    Fonzy wrote: »
    You're probably one of the brooch sellers getting butthurt now that anybody can clear HH and get a brooch for free. HH has been around for such a long time, it should get removed instead tbh

I have joined sell run a few times, but that is not the reason of my concerns. I somewhat agree with that removal of HH would be better for now, but as long as TERA keeps HH, it should be something other than brainless dps dungeon.
    Dvsv wrote: »
    There's no need to buff anything, BHS should just stop releasing broken af new classes or broken class reworks, that's the real problem that you guys try to avoid, period.
    Be smart, if you buff ANYTHING arround awakened class you gonna create a whole new problem cuz there's LOTs of non-awakened classes dealing far less damage, especially Ninja/Sorc.

You can check Moongourd Vergos P4 rn to see that the gap between the best zerk vs the best ninja is a GAME BREAKING 2,87x now (5.3/1.84), btw Zerk is so fkn broken that is dealing almost 100% more damage than the 2nd best dps (a warrior)!!!
    That's how serious the pseudo-"competitive" PVE scene became cuz all of this BHS class rotation BS.

Edit: For slaying runs the gap between top zerk vs top ninja is 4x hahahaha omfg lol.
    Why there's almost no post complaining about such a serious class balancing issues here since awakened patch release?
    Oh np, there's DS4 coming and you guys gonna understand what i'm saying now when "awakened only" runs became a thing ;)

Well, obviously berserker and warrior can out dps other classes easily, but it would not be a good comparison if you consider only a fight with a short duration since those classes have great buff skills for the fight. If the fight lasts for more than 2-3 min, the gap will not look that much ridiculous though. I am not saying that all classes are balanced, but in a real fight with a certain duration, it does not seem too much ridiculous like 30s ~ 1min fight in HH.
  • Kira98Kira98 ✭✭
    HH20 is the new GG 20man. You can do it with sc+0... That is not Endgame. We dont have endgame right now.... RKEM can do it with Frost +7. RRHM Cancer dungeon. RMHM is the only nice dungeon but with recent buffs all ppl can do it...
    The endgame is farm farm farm farm IoD, GG, Petrax, IoD, GG, Petrax....
  • McOnosRepMcOnosRep ✭✭✭
    edited May 18
    Dvsv wrote: »

Yeah 100% this. Before making a thread like this, please PLEASE look at the actual data - this really isn't too much to ask.

It is utterly pointless to ask for changes to HH when the truly insane difference in class DPS means any changes will just lead to even more exclusion of the weaker classes. (P.s. There are already several awakened only raids formed and even more forming on my server.)

Once class balance is fixed then you can call for whatever boofs to "too easy" dungeons that you like.

• @McOnosRep
    I know there is a serious issue on balance between awakend and non-awaken classes, but it is not reliable if you just compare the DATA from 30s-1m fight since some classes do not have an op burn skills for 30ish seconds. None of the class-balance has been (and will be) done according to data from 30s fight.

The reason that phase 4 becomes awaken class-exclusive is that people can burn within a minute with some exclusive classes even.

If there is no way to skip all the mechanics and if phase 4 is not brain-dead phase, there is no reason to exclude some classes like it is now. So it is not that pointless to ask for changed to HH in order to give a fair chance to all classes.