[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

The great Tera metamorphic emblem drought of 2018 - a possible solution

With metamorphic emblem (metas) removed from VG and very few dropping from caiman stashes there is a shortage if metas if you are trying to upgrade gear.

Once you dismantle what mats you have into metas you'll blow through them real fast and have no mats and no metas.

Caiman stashes give primarily rubies, but also pearls and noctenium. Occasionally you get a token for random chance at metas. All in all, compared to the metas we got from VGs there are for all practical purposes no way to get metas other than dismantling mats.

Rubies and pearls are basically worthless other than what you sell to a vendor for gold, 100 and 50.

Why not give rubies and pearls a meta value and allow us to dismantle rubies and pearls for either 100 or 50 metas?

That would help to alleviate the loss of metas from VGs and maybe end the great tera meta drought.

Comments

• BabbelsimBabbelsim ✭✭✭
    The only thing i can think of is do Guardian Missions and use your daily point at the 3 vendors in Velika to buy your mats directly instead of the use of meta tokens

(i think if you max out your GM's 40 boxes is around 10k points)
  • BabbelsimBabbelsim ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Edit, double posted
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile im just crafting Meta tokens with my 2000 elite crafter cures (Buying Omnious ore and crafting Powder to dismantle)
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meanwhile, I'm making good use of my alts and stocking up on entropic tokens, by doing vgs everyday, cause apparently ppl forgot about those tokens.
  • TheCatalystTheCatalyst ✭✭✭
    Meanwhile i just dismantle mats that i don't need. Apparently i have excess of thousands of archdevan formulae that i got from vg enchanting box, which resulted in my bank tab filled with metamorphic token... too bad meta dun have silver talents.
    :bawling:
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭✭
    The main way to get metas now is to just dismantle extra mats. It's not great and it seems like overkill for them to replace metas with gems when we already have GG/PoP/Guardian Legion for gem farming.

Seems like a counter intuitive change.
  • CutechanCutechan ✭✭✭
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    Meanwhile, I'm making good use of my alts and stocking up on entropic tokens, by doing vgs everyday, cause apparently ppl forgot about those tokens.

Dont tell me you use your vanguard cradits to buy those 16 entropic emblems boxes.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cutechan wrote: »

Dont tell me you use your vanguard cradits to buy those 16 entropic emblems boxes.

Why not? i already have nearly 200 boxes and increasing. I do not see the problem that you may be seeing, but if is something around the lines of "You could use your credits for something more useful" Or "The boxes aren't worth it" Then i am afraid to inform you that IDGAF.
  • PoniloverPonilover ✭✭✭

Why not? i already have nearly 200 boxes and increasing. I do not see the problem that you may be seeing, but if is something around the lines of "You could use your credits for something more useful" Or "The boxes aren't worth it" Then i am afraid to inform you that IDGAF.

the problem with those boxes is that it takes forever to open them
  • CutechanCutechan ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018

You were less respectful than what I thought you would be, Zoknahal.

Lets see. 9000 Vanguard Credits are worth 45 Entropic Emblem Boxes. Each box have 16 Entropic Emblems.

45 x 16 = 720 Entropic Emblems.

So 9000 Vanguard Credits are worth 1 Archdevan Surfactant and almost 10 Golden Talent, no bueno.

Lets suppose we want to only buy Golden Talents with the Entropic Emblems we got via Vanguard Credits. 9000 Vanguard Credits are worth 300 of them. They can be crafted into 150 Golden Darlic and then to 75 Golden Plate; Thats like 1 try and half from SC +4 to +5 (That is where I am right now, and without counting the gems and other stuff)

So if you think that is a good idea to spend 9000 Vanguard Credits to try 1 and [filtered] half times to enchant your gear that most likely is going to fail, its up to you lmao.
  • Ponilover wrote: »

the problem with those boxes is that it takes forever to open them

oh this, f'ing hell I hate opening those stupid boxes with the (error: sufficiently offensive swear word not found) idiotic select a box moronic imbecility.
    is it supposed to be fun or some kind of a punishment for not spending EMP? oh wait they have it on RNG boxes from the cash shop as well.

you know I think the original intention was to actually show you what you could have won "you see.... don't you see, you could have won a dragon if only you chose this box instead, the RNG is not broken, you are just terrible at selecting the right box."

one of the things I hate the most in TERA, desperately needs to be removed
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Cutechan If i sounded disrespectful to you, then I'm very sorry. To to be honest, you were the first one to disrespect here. Your sentence was an indirect way of telling me i am wasting my time and credits, that i am doing something wrong, and that i am an idiot for buying those boxes. You may not have meant anything of what i said above, but your sentence spoke indirectly for you.

I am well aware that those entropic boxes yield only 16 emblems and that i might use all of them into 1 try. That is why i stock up on them rather than just using them the moment i have 45 of those boxes. Wether is not efficient or a complete waste, that is not for anyone but me to decide. I am at least doing something to make up for the lack of metamorphic emblems rather than joining the hate train like the rest already did.

It takes time, yes, but it is a way of dealing with the problem at hand, rather than just sitting here, watching the forums burn on the many threads that will surely arise about the same exact problem: "Bring back the Metamorphic Emblems to the Vanguards"

Now, with all due respect, I must go back to farming those VG credits on alts, because unlike many, i am at least doing something rather than complaining.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    The change mainly screws over newer and returning players, obviously. Saying "just use your 2000 crafting cures" or "just use your many many alts" doesn't help them, lmao.

Personally I'm unaffected by this since I also have crafting cures and alts, but yeah m8.This sucks if you just joined or just came back to the game.
  • GatokatzenGatokatzen ✭✭✭
    Make tera great again bring back metamorphs to dugens and REMOVE THE MOST UNUSEFUL EVER THING CREATED IN TERA THOSE SAD CAIMANS AND THEIR KEYS OR PEARLS.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    voidy wrote: »
    The change mainly screws over newer and returning players, obviously. Saying "just use your 2000 crafting cures" or "just use your many many alts" doesn't help them, lmao.

Personally I'm unaffected by this since I also have crafting cures and alts, but yeah m8.This sucks if you just joined or just came back to the game.

I do agree that newer players will be kind of lost with this change, but thats why we have veterans right? at least, in my experience, I have made use of my knowledge and experience to help a brand new player, whos right now in full Frostmetal gear, and aiming to get Stormcry. I have showed him everything i know, warned him about the metamorphic emblems shortage, and he is ever so grateful that i am helping him in his journey, the way every veteran should to new players.