Mass costume removal? Why?

So coming to a close with the anniversary event we get a roughly 4-day sale on items in the cash shop, cool.
http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/tera-spring-cleaning-sale-on-pc

But what's not cool is...
After the sale ends, all discounted items will be removed from the store.

What? Are you serious? Is this just some miscommunication like everything else? Or is this legit? Because if it's serious, I can't imagine something more stupid.
Many of the costumes in Tera are already time limited items that only come in during seasonal events, and many of them are no longer available most of the year, with relatively frequent questions or complaints about why several dozen things in the dressing room aren't available in the cash shop. So the solution is to remove 200, TWO HUNDRED, cosmetics from the cash shop?

It's not like these are being replaced either by some crazy influx of new cosmetics. We don't exactly get a rapid release of cosmetics, so this will be a massive purge. In fact, to prove a point, here's a list of all the costumes (costumes/weapon skins, not accessories) that AREN'T being removed, aka what will be left in the cash shop:

- Red Flight Suit
- Pop Star Outfit
- Starglow Outfit
- Weddings outfits, both Male and Female
- Fire and Ice dragon outfits
- Conjurers costume

- Supercharged Crimson and Supercharged Silver Weapon skins
- Starglow weapon skins
- Fire and Ice weapon skins

As well as any loot box versions of the above costumes.

If you don't include variants of the same skin and loot box versions, that's a total of 6 costumes and 3 weapon skins left after the purge.

Am I missing something? Is "removed from the store" just a typo? Because I sure do hope it is.

If it's not, what kind of logic is this? Does having more costumes in the shop somehow hurt sales? Because I would love to see the reasoning behind that.
This is especially painful given the removal of the ability to swap costumes when you race change, since after the purge you wont even be able to re-purchase older costumes you had.

Comments

• vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    because all clothes store remove their old clothes to replace with news :)
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I was wondering about this, too. It's probably not a miscommunication since they've removed costumes this way in the past.

Best guess is that they'll be bringing in the summer items soon and if thispost is any indication of what's to come then we can expect new innerwear to also be released soon. https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/comment/154505/#Comment_154505

So yeah, they probably are going to remove all those items and yes they will probably be replaced by new and/or seasonal items that are usually released in the summer.
  • DXMDXM ✭✭
    When the calendar said "Classic Item Blowout" I was really expecting and hoping a lot of classic items were going to be brought back for sale, not just a bunch of removals.
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    less is more
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I was gonna post something about the sales too.

I really hope EME is not being serious about this.

This is not what i had in mind when they said Classic Item Blowout. First they remove the daily deals, now they literally are gonna remove all of the costumes that are worth paying EMP for?
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would be nice an answer or clarification onto what is going on @seandynamite @SingleBear @Denommenator @CobaltDragon

This is not nice. Do you even have concrete plans on how you plan to re introduce this costumes as often as possible if you really are gonna remove them? Or is it just your usual "Cleanup" to make the shop experience "Cleaner"??
  • HAAYAAKD43HAAYAAKD43 ✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    this sale is very underwhelming.
    i was expecting some "good stuff".
    a lot of these items have been on sale before, recently.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Also, note that they are removing ALL but 4 costumes for males: Flight suit, dragon armors, practical armorie and wedding suits. All of the better looking costumes, are gonna be removed, yes, even the ones that WERE CREATED BY COMMUNITY MEMBERS, aka, The gothic costume. How much will it affect to the creator of this wonderful piece, that his/her creation is being removed entirely?
  • neoakneoak ✭✭
    I wonder if EME will bring back the 35000 EMP back for this sale?
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    EME, I really hope you're reading this...

If you're hoping to improve player retention and, moreover, get those players to spend money, why do you guys keep making bone-headed decisions like this?
  • Whatever the smart decision is, you can be sure BHS & EME will do the exact opposite. They take great pride in their dumb choices.
  • I don't even post on the forums but I just gotta say this is high key one of the dumbest things I've ever seen this company do.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets see

First, they remove the service to swap costumes after a race change.
    And now they decided to remove probably 80% of the shop items.

Whoever works in the marketing department of EME, we the community would like to have a word with you, or know what are you smoking.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know why they're doing it?
    To ensure higher quality service :)
  • StarSprite wrote: »
    So yeah, they probably are going to remove all those items and yes they will probably be replaced by new and/or seasonal items that are usually released in the summer.

The problem is, Tera doesn't really get frequent costume releases. We get on average 1 costume every 2-3 months, and even less weapon skins. Removing the vast majority of costumes from the store heavily limits player choice. Unless we get some crazy increase in costume release rates in the next few months, we'll still only have like 20-30 costumes in the cash shop in 3 years time.
    CornishRex wrote: »
    You know why they're doing it?
    To ensure higher quality service :)

Damn, it was so obvious, I don't know how I didn't realise it. I hope they remove the community soon so that their community management staff are more efficient.
This discussion has been closed.