[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Mass costume removal? Why?

Comments

• kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    Aberaham wrote: »
    kamizuma wrote: »
    less is more

You're an economy ruining tumor.

that's not nice!
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    less is more

that's not nice!

be nice and give us your avatar :3
  • CandyMomokoCandyMomoko ✭✭✭
    It does seem like a pretty silly idea, considering not a single person really said anything possitive about this sudden change to the store.

TBH the worst part about it is the lack of transparency. Why didn't we get notified with a bit more time (or like someone suggested, why not make this sale last all may) And even the fact that right after everyone spent a lot of money on the attk on titan stuff, more stuff to overprice emp, and right after the new costumes. And then what. We'll have the 7 costumes left? Is really worrysome, specially for people that like to spend on stuff for their alts every now and then and don't even get me started on new players wanting costumes, good luck with that.
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭✭
    EmE seems to be removing more and more from the EMP store, every sale they do ends with that line "All discounted items will be removed from the store".

Soon the store is going to be empty, Korea isn't designing costumes and pets that fast guys, chill.
  • Aside from the one person that plans to get richer from this, who did you think this would make happy? Certainly not me. One of the main reason I liked NA TERA so much was because most of the costumes were always available to purchase. I rarely get the chance to buy EMP, but that didn't bother me because I could usually take comfort in the fact that what I wanted would still be there when I did have EMP. Now I don't even have that.

I'm beyond disappointed with you, EME. Your job, the thing you do to earn your income, is to give your community an enjoyable experience. Maybe if you actually took the time to listen to what we want instead of assuming, you wouldn't have to make stupid money-grab decisions like this.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    less is more

that's not nice!

Yeah, too much honesty can hurt. You're not alone, if that makes you feel any better.

This is good in that I'm hoping it gives way to other things being in the store. There's really no need to have gothic outfits in the store during May. The only thing I don't really like is how short of a time the sale is and that there wasn't any notice. I won't call anyone out, but I think someone in the office really gets a kick at not scheduling much and giving people a really short time on stuff.

Broker whales only exists, because people will sell them EMP for gold, which allows them to buy up loads and sell them for super high prices. Most of us that aren't Elite have trouble even selling cosmetics on the broker, because they undercut so much. They all brag about the hoards of gold they have, yet act like the poorest of us all with how desperate they are for more gold.

That is another reason why EME will most likely continue to sell gem crates. If people like broker whales have a monopoly on EMP buying, they can pay super low rates and take advantage. I'd even support a system where EME offers up gold packages. At least that would keep the EMP buyers honest. There's really no reason paying players should ever have to depend on f2p players for items/currency in game. That is and will always be a bad move. The f2p players like it a lot, but that isn't the audience that should be catered to.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fanciful wrote: »
    Aside from the one person that plans to get richer from this, who did you think this would make happy? Certainly not me. One of the main reason I liked NA TERA so much was because most of the costumes were always available to purchase. I rarely get the chance to buy EMP, but that didn't bother me because I could usually take comfort in the fact that what I wanted would still be there when I did have EMP. Now I don't even have that.

I'm beyond disappointed with you, EME. Your job, the thing you do to earn your income, is to give your community an enjoyable experience. Maybe if you actually took the time to listen to what we want instead of assuming, you wouldn't have to make stupid money-grab decisions like this.

Cannot agree with you more on this. Besides that one person we know is gonna get richer, all of us are simply disappointed. I do expect some kind of statement from EME by tomorrow, since today is Memorial day, they must be away from office. Things like this, we cannot just let it happen, and we as a community must make our voice be heard.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    Aside from the one person that plans to get richer from this, who did you think this would make happy? Certainly not me. One of the main reason I liked NA TERA so much was because most of the costumes were always available to purchase. I rarely get the chance to buy EMP, but that didn't bother me because I could usually take comfort in the fact that what I wanted would still be there when I did have EMP. Now I don't even have that.

Cannot agree with you more on this. Besides that one person we know is gonna get richer, all of us are simply disappointed. I do expect some kind of statement from EME by tomorrow, since today is Memorial day, they must be away from office. Things like this, we cannot just let it happen, and we as a community must make our voice be heard.

I have no doubt that our voices will be heard, but as far as eme doing something about it, is another story. we will just have to wait and see. eme has nothing to worry about cause once they bring out a new loot box, mount, weapon skin, or costume, people will be swiping their cards like crazy. it happens every time. its like eme does something, players get mad and make empty threats, eme brings out something new for the people to buy, and people swipe so fast that it breaks the sound barrier.
    many of us that are regulars in the forums have too much time and money invested in tera. we will complain, but we will continue to play and support tera until they shut the doors. summer is coming and I imagine that some sort of swimsuit will be sold in the store along with other items. like someone else said in here, they remove stuff, it causes a huge demand for stuff, then at the right moment they bring stuff back and it sells like crazy. I kinda like the idea of gem crates, but I don't like the rng of it. I guess we will have to wait and see what the future holds for tera na.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zoknahal wrote: »

I have no doubt that our voices will be heard, but as far as eme doing something about it, is another story. we will just have to wait and see. eme has nothing to worry about cause once they bring out a new loot box, mount, weapon skin, or costume, people will be swiping their cards like crazy. it happens every time. its like eme does something, players get mad and make empty threats, eme brings out something new for the people to buy, and people swipe so fast that it breaks the sound barrier.
    many of us that are regulars in the forums have too much time and money invested in tera. we will complain, but we will continue to play and support tera until they shut the doors. summer is coming and I imagine that some sort of swimsuit will be sold in the store along with other items. like someone else said in here, they remove stuff, it causes a huge demand for stuff, then at the right moment they bring stuff back and it sells like crazy. I kinda like the idea of gem crates, but I don't like the rng of it. I guess we will have to wait and see what the future holds for tera na.

I mean, you aren't wrong, but point is, we are talking about over half of the shop being killed, with no guarantee that those items will come back. The major loss is in a huge load of accessories, some popular ones like the Headphones and the Swat Cap.

And yes, heres the other problem too: They are removing 200 items, only to make way for a small batch of items, which are:
    - 26 new weapon skins (2 for each class, different colors)
    - 2 new costumes that go with the new weapon skins, one regular and one dyable
    - 2 set of wings: angel and dark angel
    - new swimsuit collection: I do not have much info on this one, but apparently is just 2 different swimsuits, one for males and one for females, and from the looks of it, is ugly AF.

Now that may sound like a lot, but it isnt. Is just 2 collection of items that are coming our way, while some of the best sellers and most sought after items are leaving the shop with no clear signs of returning. EME just dropped the bad news here, and went out of the office for memorial day, leaving us with a very sour taste.
  • Not to mention the removal of almost all mounts other than the dragons and birds (ie, either loot box locked or like, $30) as well as most of the pets. I don't understand why the hell they would do this but I'm getting reaaaaaaaal sick of it.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I'm more curious if the player council were asked about this at all beforehand, given the massive backlash this decision has received from the community. Laughable as the Player Council has become (most of them have long since quit the game, it seems like they're rarely trusted to give input on anything, and to top it off one of their only active members is a very successful merchant whose position on things often flies directly in the face of what the community as a whole wants, like right here, in this very thread) it feels like this could've been avoided if you'd just asked most of them how players would react to losing a massive chunk of the cash shop's costumes with barely any warning.

No point in us getting mad though. If EME wants to nuke a source of their revenue then that's on them. I understand what EME thinks they can accomplish by doing this but honestly, it's having the opposite effect and everyone sees right through it. There're items in that sale that I want, that I'm not buying out of spite because I hate this kind of pressured sales tactic.
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭✭
    voidy wrote: »
    I'm more curious if the player council were asked about this at all beforehand, given the massive backlash this decision has received from the community. Laughable as the Player Council has become (most of them have long since quit the game, it seems like they're rarely trusted to give input on anything, and to top it off one of their only active members is a very successful merchant whose position on things often flies directly in the face of what the community as a whole wants, like right here, in this very thread) it feels like this could've been avoided if you'd just asked most of them how players would react to losing a massive chunk of the cash shop's costumes with barely any warning.

No point in us getting mad though. If EME wants to nuke a source of their revenue then that's on them. I understand what EME thinks they can accomplish by doing this but honestly, it's having the opposite effect and everyone sees right through it. There're items in that sale that I want, that I'm not buying out of spite because I hate this kind of pressured sales tactic.

Hmm, this is a financial decision for the company so I'm not entirely sure it's something to go to the Player Council with, but regardless of the situation it's already known EmE has never really communicated with them about anything major, and yea a majority of them have been long inactive so there really isn't much of a Council anymore to talk to save the 3-4 members still around.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Partyblast wrote: »

Hmm, this is a financial decision for the company so I'm not entirely sure it's something to go to the Player Council with, but regardless of the situation it's already known EmE has never really communicated with them about anything major, and yea a majority of them have been long inactive so there really isn't much of a Council anymore to talk to save the 3-4 members still around.

while I do agree it's a financial decision at the very least they should consider bringing items back more often. Seriously when's the last time we saw school outfits and stuff.. Bringing it back once a year is silly because not everyone plays all year round. This kind of scarce cash shop only really benefits people that hoard costumes. I feel like eme will only lose money because of their laziness to manage the cash shop well :lol:
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Partyblast wrote: »

Mh. Since they framed it as an event though, I was curious if the PC had any moment to chime in and be like "wow this is going to make a lot of people upset." But like you said, they're rarely allowed to give input it seems, so oh well.
This discussion has been closed.