[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Mass costume removal? Why?

Comments

• allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    the pc doesn't really have any power. all they can do is suggest things. I don't think eme tells the pc what their plans are all the time.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    How do you know that they will just bring back a few items? Maybe they will bring back a bunch of stuff from the past. It's not like BHS is creating hoards of new stuff. A game like this should always be recycling outfits and accessories. It's shocking to see some items just sitting in the shop for years while others come back for a week and are gone again. There should be frequent turnover of cosmetics, and they should be available for longer periods. For example, the school outfits were only available (I think) for about a month last year. That was way too short of time for outfits that popular. Rather than have the same old stuff and bringing back stuff temporarily, they can just rotate the store items every couple of months.

I think rotating items is better than the current method. The whales love the current method, because they can buy up a bunch of outfits that EME has brought back for like a week. Well, lots of people end up missing out on buying them from the store, so the whales cash in. If they rotated items and left them in the store longer, we'd be able to rely on the store rather than relying so much on the brokerage.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    now that they won't cycle out old dungeons they gotta compensate somewhere
  • Partyblast wrote: »
    voidy wrote: »
    I'm more curious if the player council were asked about this at all beforehand, given the massive backlash this decision has received from the community. Laughable as the Player Council has become (most of them have long since quit the game, it seems like they're rarely trusted to give input on anything, and to top it off one of their only active members is a very successful merchant whose position on things often flies directly in the face of what the community as a whole wants, like right here, in this very thread) it feels like this could've been avoided if you'd just asked most of them how players would react to losing a massive chunk of the cash shop's costumes with barely any warning.

No point in us getting mad though. If EME wants to nuke a source of their revenue then that's on them. I understand what EME thinks they can accomplish by doing this but honestly, it's having the opposite effect and everyone sees right through it. There're items in that sale that I want, that I'm not buying out of spite because I hate this kind of pressured sales tactic.

Hmm, this is a financial decision for the company so I'm not entirely sure it's something to go to the Player Council with, but regardless of the situation it's already known EmE has never really communicated with them about anything major, and yea a majority of them have been long inactive so there really isn't much of a Council anymore to talk to save the 3-4 members still around.

I will say we have been able to get more involved than it has been in the past with game related things, but we are not involved in any processes regarding sales and other financial decisions. Plus, even if we were; EME would make any final decisions based on their own company's choices.

Personally, I feel the same as the player base despite not being a costume simulator player. Getting rid of 19 pages and 200+ items seems excessive and while it does clean up the store, it doesn't really make sense for that scale of clean up. I am sure EME has seen the threads and feedback, but no response as of yet.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cleaning up the store won't benefit nothing at all. Is like when you are asked to clean your room. Instead of actually organizing and putting everything in place, making everything look neat, you decide to grab everything you see, put it in a trash bag, and it either goes into that dark corner of your closet, or out the window.

This "Cleanup" will not benefit EME at all imo, it will only reduce the revenue they get from the shop, as more people will be less interested in buying EMP when they see the costume they were aiming to get, has been removed with no clear explanation and no clear signs of it coming back in the future. Same for the prices in game of EMP. What does it matter that the EMP price may go down, when theres absolutely nothing worth buying in the shop besides the dragon armors and weapons and the wedding outfits? We went from having 10 good options to buy, to having only 2. That is not how you keep your playerbase coming to buy at your shop.

And trust me, the new costumes coming in June, not everyone will like them, specially the female version. The wings and weapons might be the only things worth buying, and the swimsuits? you seen the female one? is not very nice looking, and the male one looks like a mash up of 2 existing swimsuits.

Still waiting on EME for some transparency on this matter.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    May as well get back to TERA after tests, or this week that I have some time, as always to my cute cosumes~!
    Oh wait... nevermind back to my cave.

I really HOPE they'll bring more seasonal stuff (like swimsuits) or just retired stuff back, and even add some new stuff but well, hard to care at this point
  • Like Kami mentioned the player council has been more active lately with feedback and eme. We aren't involved at all with store related decisions even if it's presented as an event though.

Since this is money related I'm not sure eme is going to come in and explain their sales plan, whatever it is.

I personally like how constructive this thread has been and maybe it will help sway eme's plan so that future changes will be more player friendly. We've already seen them start moving away from loot boxes and giving us direct buy options because of feedback from the forums.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I don't know what really is EME upto with this but I guess they will make the store a seasonal item shop.

If that's the case then it is comprensible and is something normal to do. I only hope to see back all items related to a season when that season comes, if posible with direct purchases of the items that usually are only in lootboxes.

@Zoknahal may you enlight me with a source about those new swimsuits? I have looked in K-Tera and J-Tera webpages but I have found anything related to that.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    I don't know what really is EME upto with this but I guess they will make the store a seasonal item shop.

If that's the case then it is comprensible and is something normal to do. I only hope to see back all items related to a season when that season comes, if posible with direct purchases of the items that usually are only in lootboxes.

The vast majority of the costumes being removed, aren't even suited to be seasonal. HYDRATH costumes cannot be considered seasonal, they do not have a seasonal theme, not even Halloween.

The vast majority of the accessories being removed also cannot be tied to a specific season imo. Saying that all costumes should be released during Halloween wouldn't do justice either.

What i would do, because lets face it, Removing stuff to "clean up" is just the easy exit, no effort required, just press 1 button, and then all items poof.
    Instead, To remove clutter, accessories should be condensed to less boxes, the ones that do come in a loot box. Costumes that are being affected by the removal, should be added into the game as a 1 day free trial versions, just like how it worked with the Sky Castle costume vendor, which by the way, that vendor still had the much sought after and constantly asked in the past, but ignored by EME, Steampunk costume without the mech arm, and lets not forget also that this specific vendor had the UNCENSORED versions of the Black Magic costume and similars.

Doing this at least you guys would not wipe the entire dressing room out, and would give players a goal to look forward for when the costumes eventually are released again from the vault.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Zoknahal wrote: »
    The vast majority of the costumes being removed, aren't even suited to be seasonal. HYDRATH costumes cannot be considered seasonal, they do not have a seasonal theme, not even Halloween.

The vast majority of the accessories being removed also cannot be tied to a specific season imo. Saying that all costumes should be released during Halloween wouldn't do justice either.

Check the store again and you will see most of the costumes can be tied to a season and others can be comeback on special sales.

We have costumes and lootboxes that can comeback on autumn, we have costumes and lootboxes that can comeback at halloween, others that can be back on winter, christmast, spring, summer and some special dates.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »

I noticed how, in the last year, there have been a lot more time-limited releases, even for things that are not otherwise tied to a season or some special event. So this latest move certainly seems to be doubling down on that style and approach. Seasonal items have always been a thing in this game anyway, and there's clear evidence that it works in terms of creating a supply/demand cycle (and fueling demand whenever they re-release). I'm also willing to bet that, even seasonal items aside, there's probably not a very "long tail" for most of the introduced items anyway, except during sales. (e.g. If you don't buy it while it's "hot" in the first few weeks, a lot of people are probably just going to wait for a sale anyway.)

I think the important part, as was mentioned, is that things need to be reintroduced more frequently, and also added to the Emporium. That way you can sort of balance out the artificial scarcity with some continued supply, and give people a reasonable expectation that they will be able to buy the item they want.

(To be perfectly honest, having more retired cosmetics on the Emporium -- making it the constant home for retired and seasonal cosmetics -- is honestly not such a bad reason for it existing. I'm not necessarily saying that's a good reason to "gut the store" or anything, but the Emporium gets more valuable as the items on it become more exclusive to it. Of course, I still think the whole TERA Rewards program needs other changes we've discussed in previous threads on the subject, including providing more ways to earn credits outside the shop.)
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭

I noticed how, in the last year, there have been a lot more time-limited releases, even for things that are not otherwise tied to a season or some special event. So this latest move certainly seems to be doubling down on that style and approach. Seasonal items have always been a thing in this game anyway, and there's clear evidence that it works in terms of creating a supply/demand cycle (and fueling demand whenever they re-release). I'm also willing to bet that, even seasonal items aside, there's probably not a very "long tail" for most of the introduced items anyway, except during sales. (e.g. If you don't buy it while it's "hot" in the first few weeks, a lot of people are probably just going to wait for a sale anyway.)

I think the important part, as was mentioned, is that things need to be reintroduced more frequently, and also added to the Emporium. That way you can sort of balance out the artificial scarcity with some continued supply, and give people a reasonable expectation that they will be able to buy the item they want.

(To be perfectly honest, having more retired cosmetics on the Emporium -- making it the constant home for retired and seasonal cosmetics -- is honestly not such a bad reason for it existing. I'm not necessarily saying that's a good reason to "gut the store" or anything, but the Emporium gets more valuable as the items on it become more exclusive to it. Of course, I still think the whole TERA Rewards program needs other changes we've discussed in previous threads on the subject, including providing more ways to earn credits outside the shop.)

The Emporium doesn't work so well when the credits are so tough to obtain, because some think the old way was spoiling us. One must lay down hundreds of dollars to obtain a prize not worth the price. Focusing on the Emporium would be an awful road to take. Lets hope that's not where this all is headed.
  • edited May 2018
    Christin wrote: »

The Emporium doesn't work so well when the credits are so tough to obtain, because some think the old way was spoiling us. One must lay down hundreds of dollars to obtain a prize not worth the price. Focusing on the Emporium would be an awful road to take. Lets hope that's not where this all is headed.

Well, that's why I said I think other changes are needed to the TERA Rewards program. I've said from the get-go that reward credits should be rewarded at a proportion for any in-game activity that rewards points, and still think that would be more appropriate.

As for points/credits being earned from streams... well, I can sort of see both sides to this, but I do think the loss of this credit-earning method without any replacement is a problem that needs to be fixed. If not through the above method, then some other way that isn't just cash-shop-driven.

And as for "one must lay down hundreds of dollars to obtain a prize not worth the price" -- even in the worst case, what you'd be buying is the actual EMP itself and the items in the cash shop, the reward credits and the rare are a residual. (Like the recent promotions they've had where you get a bonus prize when buying EMP, etc.) As I said, I don't think this is a substitute for having it reappear on the store regularly (they need to do that too), but it is also another way to ensure prices don't inflate too much and makes the Emporium worth something. Right now, the Emporium has very little value except maybe for Strongbox Keys. (Aside, strongbox keys are another area where they need another way of injecting supply via in-game means.)
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Legolam wrote: »

Can we get an answer?
    What is the point in removing items and what we actually gonna put on our chars? Bundles of this charged weapons? Not gonna take them even for free. Many items we actually used and liked.
    And with EME speed of work i believe we not gonna see it ever again neither in emproium nor in any events because reward are mostly likely be as for this anniversay.
    :\
This discussion has been closed.