[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Mass costume removal? Why?

Comments

• KackyKacky ✭✭
    I'm afraid that someone from EME will say that they told us ahead of time that this was going to happen, that they'll direct us to their 6th anniversary promo page and to scroll down to where it says "Classic Item Blowout" on Week 5.

"Classic Item Blowout" = "TERA Spring Cleaning Sale on PC" and we should have known that that was what EME meant.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no reply from EME to this thread. I guess they will wait for the last day (tomorrow) to reply or reply after the costumes get taken down...
  • Honestly a very [filtered] thing to do, the timing especially, while I'm not opposed to removing items here and then removing MOST of the items right after a major cash grab colab on a [filtered] anime is very big F-you too the players. Another thing that pisses me off TBH is that all the loot boxes are still 100 emp, that's not a very big "sale" if you ask me and with the 150 emp loot box draw rates being almost nonexistent they know they're gonna make major bucks in these few days. the best advice I can give to anybody apposed to this is vote with your wallet, don't buy any emp and don't buy any of this sale stuff, if EME doesn't make the profit they wanted theyll realise we as a community wont stand for bad marketing practices and hopefully change their ways. I know that's alot too ask of EME sheesh but if they don't make a profit they don't have a game.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just in!
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/27023/introducing-tera-pc-daily-deals-today#latest

@seandynamite Again you impress us.
    What kind of stuff will be in Daily Deals? You'll find anything there - old items brought out of retirement for one day, discounted items, exclusive items, items brought out of loot boxes for direct sale, just lots of stuff. The only way to know is to log in and see!

I honestly did not expected this. While i am still really salty about the massive costume purge from the shop, having the costumes again as Daily deals, and even for direct sale, is better than having to wait for ages for them to come back again.

Now, can we expect this daily deals to last for as long as the game itself? how often can we see the same costume appear in the daily deals?

Good work Sean!
  • I'm not so sure I'm as impressed with this "daily deals" thing. What makes it a "deal"? Will the retired costumes be back at a lowered price (compared to the price they were before this sale)? Or is the so called "deal" the fact that we even get to buy the costume again at all? If the latter is the case, it kinda makes it feel even more like they're forcing scarcity in order to introduce a cash-grabby gimmick.
  • Although I do have 3 major concerns in regards to the daily deals:

How wide is the item pool? Is it going to consist of all of the non-seasonal cosmetics that are/were available? Or are we going to have a rewards emporium situation where only a small portion of items show repeatedly?

On the topic of things repeating, what's the lockout like? If the items are entirely RNG and there's no lockout for items, the same items could appear multiple times in a month, while other items never appear. What's in place so that the entire item pool is given a fair shake, instead of some items coming around once a year?

Lastly, if previously lootbox locked items are going to be available for direct purchase, what kind of base price lines can we expect? Obviously the store is supposed to have discounts, but those discounts have to be off a base price. There's no point in having a 90% discount on say Royal Dragon mounts if the initial price is 150,000 EMP or something.

Regardless, reserving any real judgement until we see how it actually functions.
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    even more rng xD
    at least we will have way to get something!
    ty :)
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    @LagIncarnate I would assume that the item pool will be everything they are discontinuing from the spring sales, plus the retired costumes from the years 2013 and 2014, and that alone is a gargantuan amount, so that tells me that we might not see the same item repeat again too often, alto i would like to see the same costume from loot boxes, repeat as much as possible so people can get more chances at it.

The reason i am impressed, is because this daily deals system, is the same that some games have, so i was kinda wondering when TERA would implement such system, and while i do give props for not getting rid entirely of the costumes and providing us with a way, while not effective, to get our hands on this items, I also do see the problems that it may bring such as RNG being to troll, and i would need to wait at least 1 week to make a fair judgement of the system.

What i would expect is that, since this is "Daily deals" Regular costumes and accessories, would be priced lower than its regular price, while loot box items would be priced at a fixed amount, like the Dyable winter suits we got last time.

Lastly, Will this discounts apply together with the Elite discounts? Elite ppl can expect to get lower discounts? or will this 2 discounts will work separate?
  • KackyKacky ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    Another game that has a similar "daily deals" feature sells items that are only account bound, so that they can only be traded among characters within the account and not traded to others nor placed in a marketplace/broker/auction.

Will these "items" be handled the same way? I wonder.

Edit: Seems like the discounted items can be purchased as many times as you want and are fully tradeable, except if there is the obvious statements like "Permanent Account Bound." I guess that's good if you want to get bulk items at discount.
  • TotallyLegitTotallyLegit ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    I dunna, from what I've seen all the items that are being removed looks like items many players do not buy.
    Some of the "cooler" looking ones like Noblesse weapons, Colorful cat clubs, cost too much, so players probably don't bother wasting emp on it
    And nearly all of the 150s are way too RNG compared to the 195s, 250s

From what I've seen in the store, most of the items look like they do not interest most players.... Like how many players have you come across that wears things like the Picnic costume, the Rowdy Rodeo, the Ready to Rumble, the dojo costumes, etc

The Plasma weapons sales were dead probably after last years event that gave people plasma weapons like candy xD

Before you start saying that "people are buying them now so don't remove it" the motivation is due to 2 reasons... it is cheaper and that it will be a "rare" item/costume that players can no longer access thus increasing their gold value.

As for the base items like pets/mounts... Let's be honest... All the new players who ask how do you get such item/pet/mount, what do you tell them... 1) EmE's EMP Store , 2) Broker, 3) Playing the game...
    Chances are all three, but what what I see the most is that many say they recommend the broker because it does not cost actual money

I am just sharing my opinion on what I think, I don't want to stand alongside or against the mob above .-.

• CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dunna, from what I've seen all the items that are being removed looks like items many players do not buy.
    Some of the "cooler" looking ones like Noblesse weapons, Colorful cat clubs, cost too much, so players probably don't bother wasting emp on it

From what I've seen in the store, most of the items look like they do not interest most players.... Like how many players have you come across that wears things like the Picnic costume, the Rowdy Rodeo, the Ready to Rumble, the dojo costumes, etc

The Plasma weapons sales were dead probably after last years event that gave people plasma weapons like candy xD

Before you start saying that "people are buying them now so don't remove it" the motivation is due to 2 reasons... it is cheaper and that it will be a "rare" item/costume that players can no longer access thus increasing their gold value.

As for the base items like pets/mounts... Let's be honest... All the new players who ask how do you get such item/pet/mount, what do you tell them... 1) EmE's EMP Store , 2) Broker, 3) Playing the game...
    Chances are all three, but what what I see the most is that many say they recommend the broker because it does not cost actual money

I am just sharing my opinion on what I think, I don't want to stand alongside or against the mob above .-.

But what exactly does eme win by removing those costumes that are "barely being worn" according to you? It's virtual goods, they aren't losing out by keeping them in the store forever even if people don't buy them.
  • AtyrAtyr
    edited May 2018
    If this shop change means I wont need to bother with lootboxes for items that have special effects, I can live with that. Though it would make more sense for sales to be weekly instead of daily, because most people probably only sign in once or twice a week.
  • TotallyLegitTotallyLegit ✭✭
    edited May 2018
    CornishRex wrote: »

But what exactly does eme win by removing those costumes that are "barely being worn" according to you? It's virtual goods, they aren't losing out by keeping them in the store forever even if people don't buy them.

That is the problem with many players... You guys always assume EmE is looking for something that benefits themselves xD
    Surely they do things that upset the player base etc but at least they try to make up for it

But when they make up for it what happens... "this is garbage eme" "lul mememasse back at it again" "last years was better" and other random stuff that usually condescends EmE

Most of the time it isn't even EmE's fault... you guys cant forget about BHS... EmE just makes sures that TERA makes it to the NA region... Sure enough they have control of some things, but not ALL things.

As for "they aren't losing out by keeping them in the store forever even if people don't buy them," every business does this... retailers, fast food, etc... it is for the sake of rotation, basically bringing the "back from the past" that will ignite customers interest.
    Let's say you have a Forth of July shirt... You got it for free but it doesn't suit your tastes. You attempt to sell it in the month of March, no one seems interested... what do you do?
    1) Leave it on the rack for someone to eventually buy it
    2) Take it off the rack and wait for a special event and then re-introduce it

• voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for "they aren't losing out by keeping them in the store forever even if people don't buy them," every business does this... retailers, fast food, etc... it is for the sake of rotation, basically bringing the "back from the past" that will ignite customers interest.
    Let's say you have a Forth of July shirt... You got it for free but it doesn't suit your tastes. You attempt to sell it in the month of March, no one seems interested... what do you do?

Every business you listed stores actual items and has to manage storing them in real space. For those businesses, it makes sense to cycle inventory. You wouldn't want to pay for storage on goods nobody wants because they're out of season, for example. Even in your final example, if you got the shirt for free and it's literally one shirt then there's no reason not to just leave it on the sales floor; in fact, it'd be weird to set aside one shirt in the back room. However, a seller of digital goods doesn't have to worry about the storage problem, hence the question posed by Cornish originally. The only reason EME and other companies do this is because it works, though; idiots buy into it every time, and then they complain about how dumb it is to remove things from a digital shop. Which is why, again, people, don't buy into this crap and it'll stop. It's disgusting how many people are complaining about this but then buying emp anyway and rewarding sales tactics they claim to hate.

On another note, I went back to Maplestory after years of not playing it. There are items in their store that have been in there for literally 10 years. They haven't removed them, because they realize -- rightfully so -- that it's always better to give your customers more options, not less.

• CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    CornishRex wrote: »

That is the problem with many players... You guys always assume EmE is looking for something that benefits themselves xD
    Surely they do things that upset the player base etc but at least they try to make up for it

But when they make up for it what happens... "this is garbage eme" "lul mememasse back at it again" "last years was better" and other random stuff that usually condescends EmE

Most of the time it isn't even EmE's fault... you guys cant forget about BHS... EmE just makes sures that TERA makes it to the NA region... Sure enough they have control of some things, but not ALL things.

You missed the part where it's virtual goods. Yes they're doing the "urgency technique" I'm well aware but frankly it's disappointing because of the amount of popular costumes removed. It's just waaaay too much.
    IRL people remove seasonal items because if you keep them forever you waste money by upkeeping everything...
This discussion has been closed.