[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 2/18 at 6pm PST, and have an expected downtime of 1 hour. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Botters in Tera

Apparently this has been getting really annoying, and its the same 3 people spamming.

Now I am 99.9% certain they are bot accounts judging from the fact that when I measured their time intervals per message via premiere frame counts they are precisely the same frames, and that they are solely there promoting real-world gold trade and thus it should be ok to post up their names for everyone to know to avoid these people's ads.

On top of that, its the same idiot who have been spamming every single [filtered] Tera discord with their annoying gold advertisements repeatedly.

Hope the GM do something about it, and soon.

Comments

• In case anyone wants to see them in action Bot_Spammers.png
  • JasonTERAJasonTERA ✭✭✭
    From all my experience.

1) In-game report
    = Not work

2) Post in forum
    = Not work. GM will ask you "what server" while they are in every server

3) Submit a ticket
    = Work, but you need to give all the details. Name, Server, ss, etc. Otherwise, GM will ask you back.

Apparently, EME does not actively ban those sellers. They are asking "PLAYERS" to report them with details which is just another bothersome since those sellers will be back several hours after getting banned.
    Therefore, the only realistic way to not get annoyed is "block" them and ignore.
  • LegolamLegolam ✭✭✭
    Block and report
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    do we have unlimited block or is there a set number on how many we can block? if its unlimited, then blocking them will be ok. if there isn't then I guess eme/bhs needs to put that in place. I hate that you cant read others comment without having to scroll through walls of spam.
  • I heard inviting them to a duel puts them off for a while.
    Your block list is limited, but they switch accounts all the time anyway, so just delete it when it's full.
    Also the reason why eme isn't even banning them. No point in it, all level 11 accounts.
  • I think what will help is a set code that detects auto spamming of this nature, it isn't hard to implement
  • KaspanovaKaspanova ✭✭✭
    Report and Block, this did not need a forum post
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kaspanova wrote: »
    Report and Block, this did not need a forum post

This ^
  • I think what will help is a set code that detects auto spamming of this nature, it isn't hard to implement

Won't work because they'll just change the auto-spamming slightly so that it works again. They have watchers to make sure their message is getting through.

This is one of my most-hated parts of all MMOs, honestly.
  • TrialMacameauTrialMacameau Does it matter ? cuz DDOSing is a crime punishable of Prison ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Norafin wrote: »
    I heard inviting them to a duel puts them off for a while.
    Your block list is limited, but they switch accounts all the time anyway, so just delete it when it's full.
    Also the reason why eme isn't even banning them. No point in it, all level 11 accounts.

That was BEFORE they resort to hiding and keeping the spam... I mean I even tried to find them but have failed to see them...
  • they don't ban them because the staff provides the gold by means of getting more $$ since not that much players buy emp. gotta do whatever it takes to keep the server running even if its "shady" amiright :smirk:
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Here's a fun thing you can do to them:
    1. equip a virulent crystal
    2. challenge one of these cucks to a duel
    3. they'll be spamming text so they'll say yes 90% of the time
    4. beat them at the duel, hope the virulent crystal procs to apply poison
    5. 1 hp and poisoned, they die seconds later
    6. tell others around you, who will undoubtedly ask how you did it, about this fun trick so they can spam him too

These bots are mostly automated from what I can tell, but they get really angry when someone forces them to put a real person at a bot to decline duels and avoid duelists. It's funny as hell and gives them some well deserved grief. This won't stop the spam, but I hope it helps you anyway. Pic related, this happened the other day when a cool zerker repeatedly murdered a bot in town over the course of an hour until someone in China noticed and placed a 'supervisor' at the bot, who said the following after being murdered and laughed at by surrounding onlookers: unknown.png
  • TrialMacameauTrialMacameau Does it matter ? cuz DDOSing is a crime punishable of Prison ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Better hint us where the bots are hiding so we can... like.... hunt them down and force them to change their place XD
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    I think what will help is a set code that detects auto spamming of this nature, it isn't hard to implement

Won't work because they'll just change the auto-spamming slightly so that it works again. They have watchers to make sure their message is getting through.

This is one of my most-hated parts of all MMOs, honestly.

ooh, i have an idea to stop spam like this.. GM's who actually play tera and log in to servers more than once a month!
  • ovrovr ✭✭
    I logged in for the first time in a month today and was greeted with a welcome message that pushed emp sales down my throat and multiple gold selling bots that completely filled my chat window in about 2 minutes. I love this game but I can't take it seriously any more. :(