Come tune into our weekly News Stream! Find all of TERA console and PC news here:

Why would you remove world pvp from the game?

This might be shocking to some, but some of us actually enjoy the constant sense of danger that's present on open pvp servers. Why not just create pve servers for the people who don't appreciate that? It sickens me that so many mmos these days are ruining themselves in an attempt to cater to carebears.

Comments

• MarcusCrassusMarcusCrassus ✭✭✭
    agree.
    Why MT and FF still being called "PvP servers" if that does not exist anymore
  • ToxicDemiseToxicDemise ✭✭
    edited August 14
    Haven't you realized by now? Enmasse and BH always cater to the carebears.. They love them so much that they would even destroy their own game to appease the few that they are. Example 1) Making fraywind equalized and losing a huge population of PVP players as a result. Then when they realized it was a bad mistake they brought unequalized back but only at a certain ilvl. At THE EXPENSE of forcing equalized players to go against players with +9, heroic oath gear. Makes a lot of sense doesn't it?
  • This has been happening since VM2 days, it is the death of MMOs. Developers don't understand that the thing that separates MMO's from other games is the ability to PvP. FPS games have had PvP since XBox 360, but outside of that, the only games that had online PvP were on the computer. The MMORPG has far better aesthetics than a FPS for most people and they allow for far more depth.

Other types of games were born shortly after and expanded upon what MMO's and FPS had done right, (MOBAs, Battle Royales, Whatever Overwatch is) however MMO's stopped evolving and eventually started devolving.

While other MMO's try to copy each other with the same game different art style, Tera had fixed the biggest issue plaguing the PvP in MMO's which was the combat system, and although it was showing some results the game had other issues that held it back, instead of fixing those issues it equalized PvP causing most of the PvP community to quit, and with that the game became dominated by PvE players, instead of trying to retrieve the PvP community it had lost, BHS decided it'd be better to keep the players they had happy, Dumb down the content for the worst players.

Every MMO is doing it now though, and it's how they lose players to non MMOs. If you don't have PvPer's in your game then there is no reason to have over world PvP, it's just a nuisance for the PvE'rs.

And to think Tera was so close to being on top, back then MMO and PvP sites were always ranking Tera high on MMO's to play, all it really needed was improved performance, Outlaw Penalties, and a fix to a few skills that went against the skill/intelligence factor of PvP.
  • This is related to having pvp and not having pvp. I never played tera. I have played neverwinter and pvp in the arena but don't like it. I have always picked pve because I like to be left alone.

I never liked pvp, only because well I did.. When I was playing dransik classic.It did made me aware however from that game if you were just farming and a high level just comes over and starts killing you for the loot and other items.

Same thing for tibia. Man that game was worst I couldn't even leveing at amera at all with out a high level just killing me. Although I did liked the part, at times I was making loot bags and a level 15 comes over and steals the loot and I kill that character. Then last a high level would come and just kill me as he was protected.

But pvp world is needed like other games. Like world of warcraft I'm in a pvp game. Because i'm a human I kill orks :) so I expect the same in return.
  • Why cant do 1 PVE server and 1 PVP as before?
    Anyone signing on PVP know beforehand in what is entering.
    id always mention those OLD nice lv16-20 "Vanguard Outpost" pvp. Fun as hell! Yeah, there is always some kiddo breakin the fun coming with a full geared 60, but in most cases, that 40/60 minutes of nice, fun and "fair" low level pvp was so epic.
  • SanxxiehSanxxieh ✭✭
    edited December 3
    The worst in that all situation is the fact that Devs do not even care about PvP players. They've deleted 90% of our content, giving everything to PvE people. That's [filtered]. This game was once amazing, nowadays it is simply bad and boring. Why? Because 90% of the content is cut off... and 10% left is easied down to the ground. No point to play such a broken game anymore.