[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

XIGNCODE with next patch? Hello EME announce atleast that we are installing malware with this game!!

Comments

• HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    I was reading around and now i am curious if a player can be banned with xigncode after editing s1engine for better fps? Also, if it can be by passed as the rumours go then what is the point of this tool anyway?
  • Honestly... Maybe I'm just being optimistic. But judging by their "response" - which sounds like a hurried from-the-lawyers-and-Google-search post - EME may have been caught off guard by this as well.

Think about it. This wouldn't be the first time that BHS has failed to tell EME properly what's coming down the pipe. And we know EME doesn't really try that hard to figure out what's coming, either - just look at the problems we've had with patch notes. So what are the odds that they, too, were just informed about this addition when we were - via a forum post?

So they have an emergency meeting, call up BHS, confirm some things, toss out a quick "oh hey here's what we're doing, we promise this was planned" post, just to cover their butts, and then try and figure out what the crap they're going to do now.

I hope they post more information, yeah. They do kinda owe us SOMETHING more than the "announcement" they gave. But I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't a few EME employees sitting in a meeting room today, trying to come up with what the heck they're gonna do to handle this situation, having been given 48 hours notice and caught off guard.

...Am I right? Maybe. Maybe not. They would never admit it, as it looks bad. But perhaps it explains the pretty pathetic handling of it.
  • FulzoidFulzoid ✭✭✭
    pltnmvenus wrote: »
    Honestly... Maybe I'm just being optimistic. But judging by their "response" - which sounds like a hurried from-the-lawyers-and-Google-search post - EME may have been caught off guard by this as well.

Think about it. This wouldn't be the first time that BHS has failed to tell EME properly what's coming down the pipe. And we know EME doesn't really try that hard to figure out what's coming, either - just look at the problems we've had with patch notes. So what are the odds that they, too, were just informed about this addition when we were - via a forum post?

So they have an emergency meeting, call up BHS, confirm some things, toss out a quick "oh hey here's what we're doing, we promise this was planned" post, just to cover their butts, and then try and figure out what the crap they're going to do now.

I hope they post more information, yeah. They do kinda owe us SOMETHING more than the "announcement" they gave. But I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't a few EME employees sitting in a meeting room today, trying to come up with what the heck they're gonna do to handle this situation, having been given 48 hours notice and caught off guard.

...Am I right? Maybe. Maybe not. They would never admit it, as it looks bad. But perhaps it explains the pretty pathetic handling of it.

I'm not against such behavior, but perhaps, talk...
    Community was informed before mEME accepted to mention it. That's wrong. But EVEN IF they weren't aware... They wouldn't act like this. They literally just ignore people and so. They did that a year ago, during the hack hunt. They did nothing, I got my thread closed and deleted, I got warned because I wanted a neutral discussion with them publicly, which they ignored. That mean they're well aware of what they throwing at us and of course they wanted to hide it. Further more, this Thread now have 27 pages, mine had 40 pages... relatively close to "Hey, this pull some attention, may wanna consider what's going on", don't you think ?
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Or they are going to play Bless than also uses Xingcode... oh wait!

You know whats really funny? this paranoia is hysterical, but whats even funnier is that i`ll bet most people will still keep on playing even if they flat out said something in the lines of:

BHS/EME: "Xigncode collects you`re personal information. And whats more, we sell this information to further sponsor more maps in Pubg. You want more controversy? no problem. Not only did we tell you openly about Xigncode two days before it came out here, you know, just to mess with you and make it seem like our forums are lively, but not only that.. you know that so called leak of information? yeah that was just to give more people a reason to use side clients. You know because we are cheap and getting players to solve our problems for us lets us go back to working on games we actually care about. How else would we expose newcomers to these things. It just makes life easier. Oh right. You probably have many more complaints about lack of content and optimization issues, not to mention questions about the lack of transparency.

Well you know what? if want answers, then start paying up. You`re not Tera EU, you`re Tera NA, you are the cheap ones. We don`t really have a reason to invest in you. In fact this is such a masochistic community, that you probably think we actually pay attention to this place. Of course we don`t. Thats why we send volunteer lackeys to talk for us. Don`t you see? you are THAT insignificant, that we won`t even bother with you ourselves. So go ahead, cry wolf and keep taking it up the antsy like you always do. Oh right. And don`t forget about buying those cosmetics and worthless mounts without buffs we keep putting out! you wanted a flying suit, well you got it!"

I am being sarcastic of course, they never said something like this. But even if they did, I think the people which are addicted to this game, will keep playing it. Yes, even the ones that are complaining. Besides. If newcomers keep making noise about this subject, they will just silence this after a while, like they do with many other subjects
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I just feel so stupid, because, for some reason, I thought EME was their own company. I did not realize they were merely a front for BHS to operate in the US. What was I thinking? Old name was Bluehole Interactive, Inc.

No doubt our information has already been forwarded to BHS and has always been the property of Korea.

BTW, what happens if we sell something in the broker but never collect the sale or it ends up in expired listings? I almost don't even want to login at all now, but I got stuff on broker. Was gonna put all my peeps in retirement mode. LOL
  • The only thing I am worried about is if TERA will be even more unstable with this, if not i don't really care about it. Then I also wonder if I can't use the mod I have for tera, it's just the Japanese voices for the races and NPCs cuz the english voices are just pathetic and/or annoying af! ! ! Unlike the Japanese that make the Elins sound so adorable!
  • xChasexChase ✭✭
    Well, if I get a FPS reduction with this Xigncode, better open this game game with power point, because it will be a Slide show. lol.

I'm not a programmer. But, is that so hard to optimize this game ?
  • FulzoidFulzoid ✭✭✭
    Christin wrote: »
    I just feel so stupid, because, for some reason, I thought EME was their own company. I did not realize they were merely a front for BHS to operate in the US. What was I thinking? Old name was Bluehole Interactive, Inc.

No doubt our information has already been forwarded to BHS and has always been the property of Korea.

BTW, what happens if we sell something in the broker but never collect the sale or it ends up in expired listings? I almost don't even want to login at all now, but I got stuff on broker. Was gonna put all my peeps in retirement mode. LOL

@Christin To answer your question, it can remain forever in "claim gold" tab. The only thing that expire is the loot that will eventually expire... aka what won't sell. (expire after 1 month in mailbox)
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    xChase wrote: »
    Well, if I get a FPS reduction with this Xigncode, better open this game game with power point, because it will be a Slide show. lol.

I'm not a programmer. But, is that so hard to optimize this game ?

Well to be 100% fair, it's running on an old version of the Unreal Engine 3, which released in November 2006, 12 years ago. In addition, TERA was never truly optimized to begin with, so to take a 12-year-old system and optimize a game that wasn't optimized when it was first released in Korea, in addition to the fact UE3 wasn't really built to handle a MMORPG like TERA, and try to optimize it, there's only so much that can be done, mostly client-side by the user, such as adjusting Settings, etc.

I believe it would be difficult to optimize this game, and especially in a 12 year-old engine, and with BHS not ever upgrading to a more recent engine, or at least to UE4. However this would require them to reprogram the game entirely to work on the new engine.

So yeah, it's probably pretty hard to optimize TERA in the state it is in. Not a developer myself, but I know a few friends who have looked at the game, etc, even tried it, and knew immediately it was not optimized.
  • DeusFurtaDeusFurta ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Kinoshi wrote: »
    MistyTera wrote: »
    I saw nothing of the sort, but the XIGNCODE only scans for hacking programs running and processes in Tera. That's it! It doesn't read your personal information.

What's flagged by XIGNCODE though? We're not even sure what legit programs are white-listed. Personally, while playing Tera I use: MSI Afterburner, SweetFX and Xpadder. All are legit but I have no idea if these will be flagged or not.

SweetFX will almost definitely be flagged anti-cheat doesn't mix well with FXAA injectors. (And it's blocked by Xigncode in BDO)
    Afterburner should be fine tho some overlays may not work like shadowplay and discord.
    Xpadder may or may not work. AHK is blocked and it is a similar program. (AHK is blocked in other TERA regions)
  • MistyTera wrote: »
    Kinoshi wrote: »
    MistyTera wrote: »
    I saw nothing of the sort, but the XIGNCODE only scans for hacking programs running and processes in Tera. That's it! It doesn't read your personal information.

What's flagged by XIGNCODE though? We're not even sure what legit programs are white-listed. Personally, while playing Tera I use: MSI Afterburner, SweetFX and Xpadder. All are legit but I have no idea if these will be flagged or not.

Why are you using things like that? Tera looks great as it is! Tera detects game-pads automatically. Ask about the use of these.

Looks a lot better with SweefFX lol
    UGtwkd7.jpg
    Also don't think it supports gamepads that don't support Xinput and you can't really remap too much just skill placement.
This discussion has been closed.