[TERA PC] Summersilk season is here! Pick up Summersilk Robes in the TERA store until August 3. Plus, earn a free Summersilk Robe in our leveling event: https://bit.ly/TERA_summersilk
[TERA Console] To celebrate the launch of the Awakening update, participate in the Awakening Leveling Event! Details: https://bit.ly/awkn_events
[TERA Console] The Awakening update (v84) is now live on all console servers! Read the patch notes here: https://bit.ly/v84notes

XIGNCODE with next patch? Hello EME announce atleast that we are installing malware with this game!!

Comments

• StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    Actually, the mods are looking at this thread

That's fantastic. I`m glad they were able to find some free time in between their lunches. Then surely they know that this will just end up being a game of cat and mouse. Same story with every annual junk that happens. People freak out for a week or two, then it all dies off and fades into oblivion. We both know how this will go, right. They put in Xigncode, then someone stops it from working or makes a bypass. They (BHS) update Xigncode to combat this, then the opposing side does the same. Then come the scapegoats, then comes resentment, then hollow policies get thrown around as if those matter to anyone, and that whole shindig is going to last for about.. ermm.. id say until Ghilliglade has triple drop, and then everyone goes back to their meaningless silent resentment, and the staff can go back to eating their sandwiches in peace.

My point being, is that soon or later it will all become some kind of routine nobodies gonna care about anyway. Talk is cheap. If this bothers people that much, then they should uninstall Tera. I`m considering doing that myself. If the ping continues to drop and the FPS become unbearable because they wanna play rent-a-cop, then i`ll go play something else. Its that simple and none of this would be personal. This is a free product and the staff are tools of service imo. Nothing more, nothing less. People need to get a grip. Ive said this before, this is reality: if people don`t want their data collected by companies, then stop using the internet or something.
  • MistyTera wrote: »
    I'm half against it..because of this! HELLO! IT'S BECOMES TOTALLY DOWN-RIGHT USELESS!

f0qkue.jpg

That is exactly the main problem. Why do they want to add this USELESS thing? It is totally dumb.
  • Well whether people like or dislike Xigncode3 is irrelevant to BH/Eme, because the they know that it won't stop anything, but it stopping cheating isn't the point, this is and always has been about player data mining. Their doing the the same thing that FB/Google/Microsost do, getting as much information on their customer's and selling it for the most profit as possible. BH/EME know that Xigncode3 is is [filtered], that you can do bypasses/workarounds for it, they don't care if it works or not, but as long as they can get as much information on every player as they can and send it to Korea, so they can find away to make as much cash as they can, and Eme want's there share for doing it, and that's all this has ever been about. Them saying they are doing this for the benefit of it's N/A players is total BS. So for me I have Tera running on a burner Laptop with nothing on it but Tera, so they can data mine like every other company doe's till hell freezes over and they won't get a damn thing off me. So on Thursday I'm log on, and if Xigncode3 effects performance like people say, well I'm not going to remove not one program that helps me deal with this games crappy optimization, and if i can't log on I'm gonna shut her down, I'm not gonna Cry/Rant/Whine. So for the 5 yrs I have played Tera it's been a blast, but if BH/Eme want to put the last bullet in this game then that's their right, because if you shot something enough times it will die eventually, because it's not like they haven't been trying to kill it for years know, so if this is what it takes to get her done, then hey life goes on and it's just a game, but I will miss it tbh, because it was fun while it lasted and thanks for the great ride TERA.
  • So GPK mods and DPS meters are finished? :(
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Christin wrote: »
    However, now, they want some excuse to link my system directly to Korea? No thanks.

but north korea need infos about american :3
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    LagunaZio wrote: »
    So GPK mods and DPS meters are finished? :(

It was mentioned certain DPS Meters would still work, but I don't know about GPK mods.
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    LagunaZio wrote: »
    So GPK mods and DPS meters are finished? :(

Legit players will probably get flagged for any gpk mods and need to verify/repair/revert to vanilla, dps meter has been immune to xigncode for quite a long time.
  • So I tested something out. I don't have any other games with XIGNCODE, so I can't exactly speak to that, but... Tried testing something else out. For science.

My computer is pretty beefy. Or at least it was when it was new. But then again, TERA isn't new either. So I'm generally fine with what TERA requires. I can multitask on it while running TERA. Say, running a browser. Or... at least its JavaScript engine, I suppose. Eats up maybe 3% or so of my CPU when I tried it out this afternoon, both with or without TERA running. So, all in all, no big deal for me.

A friend, with a significantly less capable machine, tried this out as well. A friend who spends most of their time in TERA on preset 0 and loading screens, and has a fair few INI tweaks that let them actually be able to run the game. But they can still can play with me, despite that toaster they plug their keyboard into. Their CPU jumped from about 5% to about 30% when they ran the same test, without even having TERA running. They then launched TERA. And in their own words, when it finally loaded, they got the kind of lag and FPS drops that they normally see in dungeons - with ninjas and reapers spamming skills - in a completely dead and empty channel in the middle of nowhere. To the point that it was nearly unplayable. To say nothing of what an actual dungeon run would look like, should they attempt to run it. All just because they decided to open up one other program at the same time, which wasn't even doing that much to begin with.

Sure, it's not a perfect test. Sure, it's not XIGNCODE. Sure, sure, we can handwave a lot of stuff. We won't know til tomorrow, at any rate. But... Not everyone has a new computer, or even halfway decent one. Not everyone is in a place in life where they can drop a few thousand real-world dollars on a new gaming rig, when that money could be put towards dinner and gas and rent. Whether or not some of us more fortunate players are impacted by the system scanning, there are other players who it will basically make the game unplayable for.

So what do we tell them? Because my friend's exact words were "Well, I guess this is the end of TERA for me". Not because they want to stop playing - they've been eagerly running stuff for weeks, trying to apex various alts. But because their toaster simply cannot handle doing TERA and anything else.

...Hopefully, XIGNCODE ends up being insanely light on performance impact. I guess that's all I can say.
  • LinXiaoXingLinXiaoXing Jakarta, Indonesia ✭✭
    So overwhelming threads we have here...
    i`m not really read all pages, but here is something that i get from conversation..

1. XIGNCODE3 seem designed not to prevent hack or anything in game, the purpose seem to be monitoring the system while playing the game, this data collection seem to be analize in result to gives player punisment or ban, if they were doing something like cheat, hack, or probihited modification in the games.

2. The problem `if` XIGNCODE3 was implemented in TERA, that would effected in player PC/laptop performance significantly, since TERA was poorly optimized.

3. Problem when launching the game and another error would be happen, if they implemented XIGNCODE3.

4. I dont know if this valid, but since XIGNCODE3 was monitoring the player system since they play, is that probably XIGNCODE3 would do mistake, that result in wrong data report and punish innocence player which is honest, i dont know..

Sorry for my bad english..
    for anyone feel free to reply or quote my post,
    and thank you in advance :)
  • ovrovr ✭✭
    Instead of adding to a broken game, they should move Tera into the future by updating the engine. BHS has the money.. idk why they aren't making a Tera 2.0.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    So overwhelming threads we have here...
    i`m not really read all pages, but here is something that i get from conversation..

1. XIGNCODE3 seem designed not to prevent hack or anything in game, the purpose seem to be monitoring the system while playing the game, this data collection seem to be analize in result to gives player punisment or ban, if they were doing something like cheat, hack, or probihited modification in the games.

2. The problem `if` XIGNCODE3 was implemented in TERA, that would effected in player PC/laptop performance significantly, since TERA was poorly optimized.

3. Problem when launching the game and another error would be happen, if they implemented XIGNCODE3.

4. I dont know if this valid, but since XIGNCODE3 was monitoring the player system since they play, is that probably XIGNCODE3 would do mistake, that result in wrong data report and punish innocence player which is honest, i dont know..

Sorry for my bad english..
    for anyone feel free to reply or quote my post,
    and thank you in advance :)

Its pretty much as you said.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    ovr wrote: »
    Instead of adding to a broken game, they should move Tera into the future by updating the engine. BHS has the money.. idk why they aren't making a Tera 2.0.

tera 2 is pubg :3
  • With this I'll cancel my elite for the first time since original PC launch(back when it was subscription.) Not because of XIGNCODE3's monitoring system because other games I play use it and it's not a big deal, but I REFUSE to play the game without .ini tweaks. If they won't let me play with increased FOV and optimized settings, then they can kiss my tier 9 loyalty goodbye.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭

Because they'd have to re-code everything from scratch. Everything. The battle mechs, the skills, everything, because importing from one old engine to a newer one, will likely break over half of the game. It's too cost-effective.
  • LinXiaoXingLinXiaoXing Jakarta, Indonesia ✭✭
    edited June 2018

I think that because TERA is not fully developed in full games, and Blue Hole Studio seem to be planing to develope TERA in the future, for example if you see TERA world map, there is so many continent and zone which is not developed or empty.

And i agree with you, TERA need to be fix about optimization for the games performances first, before they developed something else.
This discussion has been closed.