[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

XIGNCODE DISCUSSION!

Comments

• DeadXDeadX ✭✭✭
    @MistyTera
    you argue that i attack your CHARACTER, then you spend over half your post attacking mine...LMAO. ad hominem dumbshit, did i say those two things were ALL i did? no? didn't think so. secondly, respect the topic? i AM, it's about xigncode and TERA, YOU'RE the one bringing up OTHER games idiot not me.

now for some corrections, NO, BSODS are NOT recorded in the event log that's WHY there's a minidump. which for a FACR doesn't cahnge my reply that kernelbase.dll is an API LOOK IT UP. and what you showed was an application CRASH not a BSOD.

your OPINON is irrelevant

ntoskrnl in EVERY minidump LOL. you do know right that minidumps include every running process?.

connection to it's servers? IRRELEVANT, might as well claim every AV, MMO, flash, java, etc that connects is somehow "stealing muh stuffs" lmao. it's for UPDATING, every critical application does it anymore. rofl @ your "one hop" ever heard of dunning-kruger? you should look it up, then rethink this debate kid.

your SECOND fallacy kiddo, strawman...i NEVER said xign can't cause any issues.

and thanks for confirming that confirmation bias of yours. because if you understood ANYTHING about applications accessing memory that another application has reserved or was LEFT BEHIND then you'd KNOW it's a thin thread to hang xign by kid without more in-depth analysis.

and it STILL only shows it CAN happen AT BEST, not that it's NORMAL or COMMON. just like any other application can dop the same thing. even chrome can LOL, several months the rule of thumb for chrome was KILL hardware acceleration. conflicts with drivers and would cause all the bsods you listed as well.

you KEEP showing you don't know what the f you're talking about. you make assumptions, throw out opinions, and have zip to back ANYTHING up with and the ONLY thing you've shown is that SOMETIMES, for SOME people it can cause issues...NO [filtered] SHERLOCK, like any other piece of software. what you don't seem to get kid is that if xign was as bad as you BELIEVE it is no one would be using it and the company would have DIED. as several others have over the decades.

you don't LIKE that reality though do you? tough, grow a spine and deal with it.

and quit posting crap from 2017, my fault i should have been CLEAR,i thought you could get it from inference, xign like every other anti-cheat UPDATES, (said that much earlier) your BS from 2017 is IRRELEVANT. xign isn't the same application it was. do you blame adobe, chrome, MS, etc for crashes and bsods from 2017? 2016? as if they apply NOW? LMAO.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    hahah, lmfao, are you that moronic? Sure I'm going to directly post the hack that screws everyone using it over and catch crap from eme for breaking the forum rules and the ToS. Google. Seriously it's on the first page.

Is it bad that I am pretty much ignoring the page long posts from the two arguing about age? Your replies are interesting though.

Unfortunately, I have no interest in even bothering with a bypass. Considering the hours I've spent in the game, I should, but I really don't. Once they start with anti-hack programs, you start to ask yourself why and, eventually, come to the realization that the game must be pretty vulnerable to need a watchdog to watch over your shoulder as you play. It's not about in game hacks at all, but about luring you into using those hacks to gain access to your system. So, that means that Tera is and has been targeted by people that do those things.

I think this is all more about scapegoating than anything. Lets use this Xingcode as some type of anti-cheat, so when someone ends up using our game to gain access to user systems, we can blame the players for using a bypass or blame Wellbia for their program not working good enough. Either way, BHS doesn't have to take any of the blame even though it will have happened, because their game is extremely vulnerable.

Do I want to be playing when someone does end up figuring a way to use the game to gain access to my system? No thanks.
  • DEDR9HHP9A wrote: »
    Lol they set this post so that whenever someone posts it doesnt go to the top of the list? Looks like eme doesnt want anyone to notice this thread. Absolutely pathetic enmasse, you have angry customers so you silence them???

It's just been pointless bickering that solves nothing for a long time now, and they're not going to "undo" implementing this software from this or any of their other games. People with actual problems on their PC are supposed to contact support. My only guess is that they meant to lock it but hit a wrong button or something.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, looks like they've hidden this thread. LOL

I guess they don't like the bad publicity. I don't think they can hide threads on Steam though?
    MistyTera wrote: »
    Yeah the event id 40 schannel and ID Event 36888 Shannel. I'm really going for that my event logs was just telling me that there was a vulnerability open. Though I'm not sure it was XIGNCODE that caused it from past history experience? It's just weird of coincidence.

Seeing as they won't get rid of Xigncode no matter how much you post, my best advice would be to move on. You've probably spend more time on this than the game is even worth. Best to simply ignore some that will just argue the same points with you over and over. They aren't adding in any new information. I think some might even be staff under alter egos. People normally don't argue on behalf of a company this much unless they are getting some type of payout or reward. You've really done all you can. It's obvious EME has no interest in your responses, so there isn't much more you can do. My bet is one day Windows crushes Xingcode with a security update. Until then, enjoy your summer.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    @MistyTera im not here to say its right or wrong
    but you do know Gameforge are using XIGNCODE aswell !
    at least at the moment in one of their games and their getting the same like here
    https://board.skill.gameforge.com/index.php/Thread/6975-XIGNCODE-Is-an-anticheat/
    https://board.skill.gameforge.com/index.php/Thread/15532-XIGNCODE-doesn-t-work/
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/286940/discussions/0/520518053454251062/
    so it be interesting to see how long before they slip it in to their version of tera also
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Equitas wrote: »
    Christin wrote: »
    Is it bad that I am pretty much ignoring the page long posts from the two arguing about age? Your replies are interesting though.

Unfortunately, I have no interest in even bothering with a bypass. Considering the hours I've spent in the game, I should, but I really don't. Once they start with anti-hack programs, you start to ask yourself why and, eventually, come to the realization that the game must be pretty vulnerable to need a watchdog to watch over your shoulder as you play. It's not about in game hacks at all, but about luring you into using those hacks to gain access to your system. So, that means that Tera is and has been targeted by people that do those things.

I think this is all more about scapegoating than anything. Lets use this Xingcode as some type of anti-cheat, so when someone ends up using our game to gain access to user systems, we can blame the players for using a bypass or blame Wellbia for their program not working good enough. Either way, BHS doesn't have to take any of the blame even though it will have happened, because their game is extremely vulnerable.

Do I want to be playing when someone does end up figuring a way to use the game to gain access to my system? No thanks.

Baseless paranoia and delusional ranting from someone who said they were gone a month ago:
    Christin wrote: »
    Tera has already been uninstalled from my system and my children's systems. It was nice while it lasted. Hope you all have fun dealing with the bs. I will have fun saving cash and have already found something else to play.

Why are you still here, @Christin?
    DEDR9HHP9A wrote: »
    Lol they set this post so that whenever someone posts it doesnt go to the top of the list? Looks like eme doesnt want anyone to notice this thread. Absolutely pathetic enmasse, you have angry customers so you silence them???

They attempted to "depth" this thread because it is full of nothing but misguided speculation, baseless paranoia, and outright lies. It would be preferable if they'd just delete the thread altogether.

I'm still here, because I can be! I know you're an employee, because it's obvious by how mad you get at anyone that posts anything against EME. I am taking screenshots of all of your horrid posts to us and letting people know what type of behavior EME is accepting. I do find it interesting that EME allows you to get away with all of this (yeah, I know they know what you're up to) even though if most of us acted like you do, we would have been banned long ago. Just another reason why I think you're an employee. You get to say the most disgusting stuff to people without so much as a warning. It's pretty obvious what is going on.

Your posts are disgusting, rude and your arguments all resemble some childish tantrum. Pretty bad when my posts are so spot on all you can say against them is "Why are you still here?" Wow, your comebacks resemble those of my children, but even they can up with new material while all you can do is wet yourself, because that's how sad you really are.

BTW, seeing as you keep repeating over and over (from like one or two comments I made) that I am a "whiny pissant that refused to do anything with other people" when I commented about solo content and not wanting to do raids for every event. I am fine with playing with other people and did so many times in the game. I don't like to be forced to do things with others and made like maybe 3 comments to that effect. Do you ever stop to think that there are many players that play late at night, and finding raids or being forced to do everything in a group is impossible that late on this dying game? Meanwhile, you've totally blown it so out of proportion to the point where you're hysterically trashing me at every turn. You think you're so clever hiding behind Equitas, but you've made a lot of mistakes hun.

They've already hidden this thread, so take your pills and chill tf out!
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    I like how this thread doesn't get bumped to page 1 since this thread is currently closer to page 7 on general discussion. Not to mention nothing was ever accomplished anyways.

But hey, I'll let you kids continue your squabbling over strangers on the internet like you are defending your so called pride or w/e that keeps you going in life.
This discussion has been closed.