[PS4/XB1] Maintenance has completed! Thank you for your patience!

XIGNCODE DISCUSSION!

Comments

• KitTeaCup wrote: »
    I look forward to hearing what you have to say.
    I'm loving that line from the post in the previous topic in XIGNCODE.... Teacup wants to hear what we say, THATS GREAT... then locks thread lol. Amazing courage.

Theres a lot of info and videos on people using CE to bypass this anticheat. So im not exactly sure why they are willing to put us all at risk and have this rootkit malware installed on our PCs.

Reminds me of Denuvo, which is an aggressive DRM system that was supposed to stop piracy *(which it didn't). What it did do though is hurt actual paying customers with software that damaged their SSD's and hurt game performance, while pirates were able to download versions of those games without Denuvo and have none of those problems.

Same applies here, real criminals will bypass this anticheat and continue to run wild, while people who never cheated will quit this game, or tough it out for a while up until they get a randomware virus and think for a minute, gee how did i suddenly get a virus? Was it that weird company that installs a windows service that sends unchecked amounts of data back to a korean server and has full access to my pc? Ya maybe that.

XIGNCODE is much more risky than Denuvo though. Denuvo just scanned files within your game folder to verify them, XIGNCODE scans memory, any file on your pc, and windows processes which contain private information.

But don't worry guys, lets give them a chance!!! Its probably safe cause EME said they are. I also trust Facebook btw and think Trollface Zuckerberg is a moral person and never lies.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Christin wrote: »
    Mogly wrote: »
    They wont get Xing, as it directly conflicts with European general law.
    As explained in another thread, it doesn't necessarily conflict with the law. There are a number of games in EU (like Black Desert, Blade and Soul, EME's Closers, etc.) that do use that program. Gameforge may still decide not to go that path, of course.

All Korean based games that don't need to follow European law. Sure, they may update their terms to add in a bunch of garbage, but they don't have to follow any of it. You're just being ignorant and silly and pointing to stuff that you know can be ignored.
    Uhh, I'm talking about the EU-published versions of those games, and they absolutely need to comply with EU law. EME also needs to comply with EU law as long as they offer products to EU natural persons (which they certainly do with games like Closers). It's absolutely applicable. That's why Gravity Interactive, who also publishes Korean games, completely pulled out of EU last month (in fear that they couldn't comply with GDPR). They wouldn't have done that if "they don't have to follow any of it." Pretending they don't have to comply with the law just because they're "Korean based games" would definitely make it illegal in the EU.

Laemie wrote: »
    So shes playing Tera on a Mac and shes using nvidia geforce cloud thingy to play. With this Xigncode, its not allowed anymore and she can nolonger play. Any of you using the same thing and having any solutions?

I recommend she contact EME in a ticket about this situation. This is something they may have to work with Nvidia to solve, but it's something they clearly have done before since PUBG is working there. Likely either EME or Nvidia has to change some options on their end to make this work again.

Why even give people hope and tell them to contact support? Do you think support is going to suddenly change the code to allow this cloud? Give it up already.
    They certainly have proven they can. PUBG is also made by BHS, supported by EME, uses XIGNCODE3, and is one of the featured games on GeForce Now (the very cloud service that's being referred to). Plus, by its very nature, that cloud service is going to host all sorts of other games that also have various kinds of anti-cheat software like this; they just probably weren't prepared for it being added to TERA. So... yes? It's certainly at least worth asking.

I guess in your little world hackers don't exist, because "hacking is against the law". Oh, please.

I don't even know why I respond, because you always come back with the worst rebuttals just to prove some point that you simply don't understand. Just like you bringing PUBG into this when Tera is the lowest priority and PUBG is the highest. Telling people they might get the same as PUBG is just sad. PUBG isn't supported by EME, so you have that backwards. EME is supported/directed by BHS and that's it.

I'm trying to have a serious discussion here, and you're just pulling stuff from all over the place to distract everyone. It's dribble, and you're not helping the situation at all.
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    Mogly wrote: »
    They wont get Xing, as it directly conflicts with European general law.
    As explained in another thread, it doesn't necessarily conflict with the law. There are a number of games in EU (like Black Desert, Blade and Soul, EME's Closers, etc.) that do use that program. Gameforge may still decide not to go that path, of course.

All Korean based games that don't need to follow European law. Sure, they may update their terms to add in a bunch of garbage, but they don't have to follow any of it. You're just being ignorant and silly and pointing to stuff that you know can be ignored.
    Uhh, I'm talking about the EU-published versions of those games, and they absolutely need to comply with EU law. EME also needs to comply with EU law as long as they offer products to EU natural persons (which they certainly do with games like Closers). It's absolutely applicable. That's why Gravity Interactive, who also publishes Korean games, completely pulled out of EU last month (in fear that they couldn't comply with GDPR). They wouldn't have done that if "they don't have to follow any of it." Pretending they don't have to comply with the law just because they're "Korean based games" would definitely make it illegal in the EU.

Laemie wrote: »
    So shes playing Tera on a Mac and shes using nvidia geforce cloud thingy to play. With this Xigncode, its not allowed anymore and she can nolonger play. Any of you using the same thing and having any solutions?

I recommend she contact EME in a ticket about this situation. This is something they may have to work with Nvidia to solve, but it's something they clearly have done before since PUBG is working there. Likely either EME or Nvidia has to change some options on their end to make this work again.

Why even give people hope and tell them to contact support? Do you think support is going to suddenly change the code to allow this cloud? Give it up already.
    They certainly have proven they can. PUBG is also made by BHS, supported by EME, uses XIGNCODE3, and is one of the featured games on GeForce Now (the very cloud service that's being referred to). Plus, by its very nature, that cloud service is going to host all sorts of other games that also have various kinds of anti-cheat software like this; they just probably weren't prepared for it being added to TERA. So... yes? It's certainly at least worth asking.

I guess in your little world hackers don't exist, because "hacking is against the law". Oh, please.

I don't even know why I respond, because you always come back with the worst rebuttals just to prove some point that you simply don't understand. Just like you bringing PUBG into this when Tera is the lowest priority and PUBG is the highest. Telling people they might get the same as PUBG is just sad. PUBG isn't supported by EME, so you have that backwards. EME is supported/directed by BHS and that's it.

I'm trying to have a serious discussion here, and you're just pulling stuff from all over the place to distract everyone. It's dribble, and you're not helping the situation at all.

Grate bate mate

Trolling counterpoint in a thread where players are trying to present their case to eme about xigncode helps no one. Relax my dude. Getting the thread locked resolves nothing and helps no one lmao
  • StarkhoeStarkhoe ✭✭✭
    I`m still waiting for them to provide proof to what ive said in my previous comment here. Show me something good that came out of this. This is for the staff. Show me physical evidence that XIGNCODE has changed Tera for the better. Because from what I have seen so far the performance only got worse, with absolutely no payoff from having this malware. I`m not asking for company secrets, id even be happy with a simple official statistic which regards Tera NA exclusively (because this is what i`m playing) that shows a decline in cheaters plus something that shows me that the game works better because of XIGNCODE. If you don`t have such proof yet, that`s fine. I`ll wait.

Also i`m sorry but i`m still not seeing a discussion here. Not a real one a least. All I can see are alot of complaints and Counterpoint talking instead of the staff. Great. You know what? good for him. I hope they pay him one day because dayyym son all that free work. But with all due respect, everything said here can be Googled. That`s not good enough imo. And, no, I don` t care about what happens in BDO or Closers. I`m asking for some kind of minimal degree of transparency from someone. You people (EME staff) claim you wanna hear what people say and showing good intentions? that's cute but fact is you didn't even open this thread. This was open via a regular user`s initiative because you closed the popular one saying "we didn't like where this was going". Yeah? well that`s something we have in common EME because you`re still not baring the burden of proof, and I don`t like having malware on my PC. What, you don`t like "negative criticism"? honestly I don`t think anyone does. But i`m not the one shoving useless malware down peoples throat.

I say enough nonsense. No more lackeys. Give proof. Irrefutable proof that even the most casual of players can understand. If you can`t do that then i`m sorry but you really are as incompetent as everyone says you are.
  • I literally don't care.

It didn't effect my gameplay whatsoever.
  • 4MWWPH9LXE4MWWPH9LXE ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    just a idea

you guys should spam their discord server for answers non stop since they are there,you guys can see when they are online and not,tag,PM,have more visibility there and even get direct answers from them if too many start asking or lagging their server
    hell,even social sites

lets show them we don't like this virus

and funny thing,this virus that was design to stop people from using mods and cheat programs actually made more than 700 players use mods to bypass it
  • Just let it be apparently they want their game to die they wont listen till the in game population fades and their stocks go broke they wont take action they are mainly focused on a few exploit while they are doing the worse on unaware consumers who werent able to bypass Xigncode
  • To be honest, I dont see how a malware/rootkit can improve my Tera experience in better.
    This tool is constantly scanning my computer and my HHD is starting to going crazy when i play Tera with fps drop too ;(
    I havent read someone that really enjoy play Tera with Xigncode :anguished:
  • also look at this copyright date and logo. 10/10

https://imgur.com/a/wo2dIqZ

it screams shady stuff just by the way it launches when you launch the game
    i would freak out and go around trying to find out where tf is that to remove if i didn't knew
  • only hope is rope mEME the hackers will find their way to bypass it and the ones who never really used a 3rd party program will have to endure your shitness and eventually quit
  • Well apparently there was bypass also released yesterday also that doesn't require proxy to work. Not telling anyone to go download it but yeah it exists.
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    Someone linked me this picture on discord... well, i edited it to hopefully comply with forum rules, but it seems like exactly what i was worried about is what's happening.. more people are turning to cheating in response to xigncode.
    MTMCEZ2.png
  • just sayin

if KC and RG queues are dead something is not right
  • ALHDLFX3WL wrote: »
    only hope is rope mEME the hackers will find their way to bypass it and the ones who never really used a 3rd party program will have to endure your shitness and eventually quit
    Will? They already got that, years before mEme put XC in fact.
    That is the main problem here. They re instaling a spybot who does NOT catch ANY hack or exploit. ANY!
This discussion has been closed.