[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

The Dungeon Delver Coin Shop contains...

ICopTEc.png

That's... Pretty bad. Take into account:
3-star dungeons grant 1 coin (TRNM/LKNM/RRNM/Etc)
4-star dungeons grant 2 coins (TRHM/LKHM/RRHM/RK9/Etc)
5-star dungeons grant 3 coins (RMHM/RKHM/AAHM)

Can we PLEASE go over what players consider to be value EME? Because this is not it.

2 coins for a bravery potion, if you're running 4-star dungeons typically everyone pops a bravery potion. If you're pretty efficient and clear each run in 15 minutes flat from start to finish and back in, you can net a total profit of 1 whole bravery potion for 2 runs.

A superior noctenium for 3 coins. If you're running 5-star content, a lot of people on average pop a noc elixir and bravery pot. If you're really efficient and clear 1 run every 15 minutes from entry to entry, you can break even on consumable usage and even net a whopping profit of 1 token per run.

The above is of course under the assumption that you're comparing the average consumable usage vs gain from the event with above average efficiency. But what if you don't want to exchange for the consumables you typically use in that kind of content?

Well if you complete 4 runs of 4-star dungeons you can purchase 1 whole smart dyad, kinda reasonable, 32 4-star dungeon runs for a full set of dyads without RNG. 5 runs of 5-star dungeons like RKHM/RMHM/AAHM will net you an entire superior etching box. On MT those sell for around 3,500 gold, so that's a whopping 700 gold profit per run of the hardest possible content available in the game.

Meanwhile the shop contains literally no materials for PvE. Hell, even the PvP shop allows you to purchase elemental essences. I kinda of expected something like a 30-40 golden talents box for a 5-star dungeon clear given the discontent in the community about the fact that golden talents, an item that is necessary for all tiers of equipment, literally does not exist in high level content.

Now there's also the point that "But this event also comes with double drops! That must make up for the sub-par shop right?"
Well there's also the other fact that our dungeon selection is severely limited. The spotlight only applies to 3 dungeons at a time, and as evident from this weekends event, might not even include some of the dungeon tiers as there is no 5 star dungeon on spotlight this weekend.
Not only that, but when I mention 3 dungeons, I don't mean NM and HM of the same dungeon. Only one specific difficulty of each dungeon is affected, which makes it incredibly boring and severely limiting.

The last statement I wish to make here is simply to point out that this is an event. This isn't some permanent system that's always in place affecting your day to day gameplay like EU Tera's Mark's of Valor system, which honestly offers better rewards for time spent than this token shop despite being a basic game function. This is an event that is only here for 4 days every 2 weeks, rotating with the BG spotlights.
The rates given in this event barely break even for efficient players with regular consumable usage and aren't even significantly profitable in terms of valuable items either. This event would still be at least reasonable with some adjustments if it was active at all times, and affected all dungeon content, but it's not, and it doesn't.

Comments

• CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    Given that these events are happening likely every weekend?

I like the choice--no more resetting dungeons trying to get your fav reward, which lets face it was never intended. Going by the probabilities, we were expected to get a Additive about every 6 dungeons. Some people were getting them every run.

2 for strong bravery/canephora seems a bit high, BUT 8 for a smart dyad? 10 for Additive? That seems reasonable. If this is indeed an every weekend thing like the BG jackpots...

Just an opinion.
  • Catservant wrote: »
    2 for strong bravery/canephora seems a bit high, BUT 8 for a smart dyad? 10 for Additive? That seems reasonable. If this is indeed an every weekend thing like the BG jackpots...

Just to clarify 2 points:

The event will be bi-weekly, so once every 2 weeks. It rotates weekends with BG spotlight weekends.

The additive in the shop is NOT the same additive that was available from the events prior that guaranteed a crit on crafting. The additive in the token shop doubles the chance to crit (so roughly a 10% increase) instead of a guaranteed crit (roughly a 90% increase).
  • im a crafter master so im happy with the cures,i can get 35 (just with pit of petrax) cures per day with my alts o/
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    Smart dyad can be purchased. For me fine. Tho I think 15 coins for completely random etching is a bs. Max 7.
  • Brave, cane, and noct should be reduced to 1 so that people can at least recoup their losses in a particular run. If you're running with randoms, you'll probably waste 2/3rds of a 30 minute consumable per run. Etching box should be half that price since it gives a random etching. Other than that, it's good.
  • KillerPenguinsKillerPenguins ✭✭✭✭
    D6JN9MNER4 wrote: »
    Brave, cane, and noct should be reduced to 1 so that people can at least recoup their losses in a particular run. If you're running with randoms, you'll probably waste 2/3rds of a 30 minute consumable per run. Etching box should be half that price since it gives a random etching. Other than that, it's good.
    i tend to agree with this, or maybe the 15/20 minute noc added for 1 token and 30 min noc for 2 or 3 still
    Having the worse additive that expensive is probably a bit pointless after all the other additive events, I'd say it should be 3-4ish tokens at most since it's really not worth anything, unless that was the wrong additive added to the shop, in which case the master crafter secret additive should be ~10x the price of braveries. Smart dyad prices are roughly in line with what we could expect from events before the current team started giving them to us like candy, now they're worthless but after a couple years this will be a good price for them. I think feasts should probably be 2-3 for 1 token to make them worth buying at all.
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    My suggestion and additions to the Dungeon coin shop.

Smart Dyad Structure: 6 (from 8)
    Metamorphic Emblem Chest: 1 (NEW - it gives 1k metamorphic emblems right? just making sure)
    Rare Noctenium Elixir: 1 (NEW)
    Superior Noctenium Elixir: 2 (from 3)
    Blacksmith's Secret Additive: 4 (from 10)
    Feast: 1 (this is fine)
    Precious Gem Box: 1 (this is fine)
    Superior Etching Box: 5 (from 15)
    Strong Canephora Potion: 1 (from 2)
    Strong Bravery Potion: 1 (from 2)
    Personal Crafter's Cure: 1 (this is fine)

EME, we aren't KTERA. We don't have issues with gems and gold. We have Guardian legion events that you made last month. You need to tend to our playerbase and not grab what ktera throws from their economy and their playerbase.

Many people have stated on this forum that we are having metamorphic emblem problems because the vanguard award has removed the metamorphic emblems for rubies.

Please, PLEASE consider adding Metamorphic Emblem Chest for 1 token. You brought us a new tier set that requires a ton of non-tradable mats that we can't farm.

Blacksmith's Secret Additive is useless. It's paying too many tokens for a mere percentage increase. Other items to buy with coins is guaranteed success to get them and I much rather get those than this.

Also it's better to make Etching boxes from 15 to 5 token since there's too much RNG to deal with so many useless etching choices. If we permanently have this event, then I don't mind the 15 cost. But we are having this every two weeks on a weekend where ppl might not be available to play making this very restrictive event.

• CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please put in golden talents :sob:
    Catservant wrote: »

Just to clarify 2 points:

The event will be bi-weekly, so once every 2 weeks. It rotates weekends with BG spotlight weekends.

The additive in the shop is NOT the same additive that was available from the events prior that guaranteed a crit on crafting. The additive in the token shop doubles the chance to crit (so roughly a 10% increase) instead of a guaranteed crit (roughly a 90% increase).

TY I hadn't noticed that...That does change my opinion some. Hopefully they will adjust this. Easier to make rewards better than to walk something back when you've been too generous, I guess.
    DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
    My suggestion and additions to the Dungeon coin shop.

Smart Dyad Structure: 6 (from 8)
    Metamorphic Emblem Chest: 1 (NEW - it gives 1k metamorphic emblems right? just making sure)
    Rare Noctenium Elixir: 1 (NEW)
    Superior Noctenium Elixir: 2 (from 3)
    Blacksmith's Secret Additive: 4 (from 10)
    Feast: 1 (this is fine)
    Precious Gem Box: 1 (this is fine)
    Superior Etching Box: 5 (from 15)
    Strong Canephora Potion: 1 (from 2)
    Strong Bravery Potion: 1 (from 2)
    Personal Crafter's Cure: 1 (this is fine)

EME, we aren't KTERA. We don't have issues with gems and gold. We have Guardian legion events that you made last month. You need to tend to our playerbase and not grab what ktera throws from their economy and their playerbase.

Many people have stated on this forum that we are having metamorphic emblem problems because the vanguard award has removed the metamorphic emblems for rubies.

Please, PLEASE consider adding Metamorphic Emblem Chest for 1 token. You brought us a new tier set that requires a ton of non-tradable mats that we can't farm.

Blacksmith's Secret Additive is useless. It's paying too many tokens for a mere percentage increase. Other items to buy with coins is guaranteed success to get them and I much rather get those than this.

Also it's better to make Etching boxes from 15 to 5 token since there's too much RNG to deal with so many useless etching choices. If we permanently have this event, then I don't mind the 15 cost. But we are having this every two weeks on a weekend where ppl might not be available to play making this very restrictive event.

I love the proposed changes very much. +1
  • edited June 2018
    Catservant wrote: »
    Easier to make rewards better than to walk something back when you've been too generous, I guess.

This is definitely always the case, as we've noticed with EME repeatedly over the years. They'd always rather start small, see how fast people earn stuff, and then add/increase. As you say, it's much easier to add than to take away.

It probably can be sweetened, but as with the BG token, it's important to keep in mind that these are bonuses on top of vanguard and other existing rewards, and they won't add things here that fundamentally undermine BHS's progression flow (no matter how much I/we disagree with BHS on this). So, sadly, people are hoping for this to fully fix the game's progression problems... they'll never go that far with it. But I'm sure it can be tweaked and improved.
  • ReChoaReChoa ✭✭✭
    I find the blacksmith's additive to be absolute trash, it's pretty much a useless additive, even more so when compared to masters, at 10 coins a piece there's no reason at all to get it, and like Cornish said there should be a box that gives a good amount of golden talents.
  • Pit of Petrax 2mins entry-entry 3 times per character per day. stop whinning.
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    The only good news is that I don't need to farm it hardcore anymore
  • ReChoaReChoa ✭✭✭
    LagunaZio wrote: »
    Pit of Petrax 2mins entry-entry 3 times per character per day. stop whinning.

Whether you can get a lot of tokens or not isn't the main issue, its the fact that the rewards aren't worth farming for, even more so at those prices