[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Anyone else getting the 0xE019100B error from XIGNCODE?

Answers

• Did you try running any malware scanners Turns? Don't know if you familiar with live boot disks, but may want to try scanning from one of those if you are familiar with them and scan from your regular environment fails.
  • RandomElin wrote: »
    Did you try running any malware scanners Turns? Don't know if you familiar with live boot disks, but may want to try scanning from one of those if you are familiar with them and scan from your regular environment fails.

If the scan from your regular environment fails to find anything I mean.
  • DM5DM5
    edited June 2018
    Does anyone know how you can read the xigncode.log file? I have tried opening it with a text editor, but it only shows gibberish since the editor can't translate the log's content.
  • Okay, so I did a full virus scan and found one malware in my steamVR file, I fixed it and reset my computer and tried to launch Tera again and finally it let me play even though it was slow at launching up the game.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turns wrote: »
    Okay, so I did a full virus scan and found one malware in my steamVR file, I fixed it and reset my computer and tried to launch Tera again and finally it let me play even though it was slow at launching up the game.

This means TERA xigncode version blacklist have diferent entries than your other game xigncode version.

This kind of feedback is good to know and can enlight some people about what causes xigncode to not let you run a game.

However, it is annoying to not be able to find an oficial and extended list of software that can cause xigncode not let you play. u_u
  • Turns wrote: »
    Okay, so I did a full virus scan and found one malware in my steamVR file, I fixed it and reset my computer and tried to launch Tera again and finally it let me play even though it was slow at launching up the game.

Xigncode is actually nice. It detects malwares on your computer. Plus it teaches you how to be independent. You have to search for the malware yourself. From now on, I'm going to use tera solely as an anti-virus software.
  • Turns wrote: »

Xigncode is actually nice. It detects malwares on your computer. Plus it teaches you how to be independent. You have to search for the malware yourself. From now on, I'm going to use tera solely as an anti-virus software.

That's hilarious. lol

I don't think xigncode is actually hunting for malware, though. I suspect that was more of a false positive, and xigncode thought the malware was a cheat tool. XD
  • MistyTera wrote: »

The problem it never tells you what it is.

Hence the independent part
  • MistyTera wrote: »

The problem it never tells you what it is.

Hence the independent part

Sounds like it was only found because a malware scan identified it. There is no reason to believe that all xigncode false positives are going to be malware. Good luck finding it if it turns out to be some random file somewhere. Good luck finding it and doing something about it if it turns out to be an important system file.

In the least, xigncode should say what it thinks it found. It should know what it thinks it found, shouldn't it?
  • PeorthPeorth ✭✭
    Wellbias support doesn't answer. Waiting all weekend now, send 3 emails.
    Srs this sucks
  • Peorth wrote: »
    Wellbias support doesn't answer. Waiting all weekend now, send 3 emails.
    Srs this sucks

May want to try sending a support ticket to EME if you haven't already. If I recall correctly, you run linux. I know EME doesn't officially support linux, but letting them know that they do have some linux users in their player base may help influence how they handle the xigncode fallout.
  • The fact that it's garbage aside for a moment, it's actually illegal in Canada: https://www.cwilson.com/casl-update-installing-a-computer-program-without-consent-is-now-illegal/
  • PeorthPeorth ✭✭
    RandomElin wrote: »
    May want to try sending a support ticket to EME if you haven't already. If I recall correctly, you run linux. I know EME doesn't officially support linux, but letting them know that they do have some linux users in their player base may help influence how they handle the xigncode fallout.
    Eme customer support was fast and willing as always, but they can't do anything about XC. That's solely handled by wellbia.
    Since this isn't really a Tera problem, Tera runs fine under linux, CS can't do anything for me so I'm [filtered] out of luck.

Wellbia support doesn't answer emails. Got no response from them.