[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Im confused about blue nocs

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why do not ask for blue nocs to be included on dragon scale shop?

2 scales for 1 blue noc, problem solved.
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭✭
    Infinitee wrote: »
    just use normal nocts if you have to, they are almost as good. yeah, that "50% effect increase" seems nice but all it's really doing is turning a 6% skill dmg boost into a 9%.

Blue Noct provides that skill bonus to every skill, regular noctenium only activates the enhanced modifers on certain skills.
    Saabi wrote: »
    This problem is gonna be even more infuriating when DSU comes out. Can't wait to run into the problem of my party running out of blue nocs and not being able to clear DSU ESPECIALLY when we are missing other things that increase dps that KOREA has. But whatever...
    <LFG> DSU SLAYING ONLY FULL +9 SKILLED (blue noc only!)

I understand the joke, but GL slaying CDS due to the bleed debuff, also HV only or get outta here.

Also CDS is already going to be hell on our region since we don't benefit from talents at all (KTera does and it still took them 2-ish months to just get one group to clear floor 10) and have no special consumables, also EmE probably won't even consider adding the Velik's Little Helper (which is just a basic talent compensation, doesn't even cover the skill bonuses) until a few months in because "content needs to be challenging". The least that can be done is having noctenium (and other consumables) readily available while running endgame content, something that EmE continues to ignore with all their "events".
  • EpikpieEpikpie
    edited June 2018
    Ktera has talents. Other regions have Velik's little helper to compensate for talents but doesn't even come close to what talents have to offer.
    In addition, they have easier access to consumables meanwhile here on NA, we want stuffs to be challenging.
    Not only are we already doing the dungeon harder than other regions, we are also starved of consumables.

Using regular nocts/normal bravery could be the difference between a wipe and a clear. Some class have core skills that doesn't even benefit from using normal nocts (awakened skills).

It is fine if you guys want us to have a harder time than ktera, but at least solve the consumable problem? By the time DSU comes out we'll already be all dried out.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    there isn't any issue to solve in the first place

if you want blue nocts there are multiple ways currently in the game to obtain them, adding more ways currently isn't necessary
  • metagame wrote: »

if you want blue nocts there are multiple ways currently in the game to obtain them, adding more ways currently isn't necessary

I really want to know what multiple ways you're referencing. Currently since there's no jackpot event on, so as far as I'm aware the only methods to obtain Blue Noc's is either via gambling on lootboxes from the cash shop, or from the vanguard shop, which costs 900 credits and AAHM rewards... 70, or in other words 13 runs for 1 blue noc.

Could you please explain the multiple other methods? Because I would really like to use them but strangely nobody posting about all these methods seems inclined to share what they are...
  • SaabiSaabi ✭✭✭
    metagame wrote: »

I really want to know what multiple ways you're referencing. Currently since there's no jackpot event on, so as far as I'm aware the only methods to obtain Blue Noc's is either via gambling on lootboxes from the cash shop, or from the vanguard shop, which costs 900 credits and AAHM rewards... 70, or in other words 13 runs for 1 blue noc.

Could you please explain the multiple other methods? Because I would really like to use them but strangely nobody posting about all these methods seems inclined to share what they are...
    ^
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    every method was posted or mentioned in this thread already, but here's a compiled list for your convenience:

1) vg credits
    2) dungeon delver tokens
    3) battleground tokens
    4) lootboxes

three of these methods are available everyday, and the last has a few specifics tied to it.

i think that if blue nocts are added to aahm then veilthrochs should be removed from its drop table too so the only way to obtain them are bg boxes. one dungeon does not need to have any and every item you want in it; it already has its own exclusive rewards. if you aren't interested in running other dungeons then that's a personal problem
  • YUMEKAYUMEKA ✭✭
    @metagame

LMAO you're dumb just stop it
    every method was posted or mentioned in this thread already, but here's a compiled list for your convenience:

1) vg credits
    2) dungeon delver tokens
    3) battleground tokens
    4) lootboxes

three of these methods are available everyday, and the last has a few specifics tied to it.

i think that if blue nocts are added to aahm then veilthrochs should be removed from its drop table too so the only way to obtain them are bg boxes. one dungeon does not need to have any and every item you want in it; it already has its own exclusive rewards. if you aren't interested in running other dungeons then that's a personal problem

Of the methods you listed:

- VG credits take 13 runs of the hardest dungeon to obtain 1 blue noc, which is unrealistic and non-viable for any half-decent consumable usage, even with lower dungeons it takes absurd numbers of runs to gain even a single noc.
    - Dungeon coins are available for 3 out of every 11 days and either break even, or require absurd grind which I mathematically broke down in an earlier post.
    - BG tokens aren't exactly something you can farm due to reliance on RNG with jackpots and winning the BG, with blue nocs still costing 5 tokens which means running several times more BG's than the dungeons in which you intend to use those items you obtained.
    - Lootboxes... I shouldn't even have to point out why this is not a valid way to farm consumables.

So of the methods to obtain a consumable used in high-end PvE, only 2 are relevant to PvE, and neither can possibly sustain usage without either extremely disproportionate amounts of low-level content or literally only running high-end PvE content for 3 days out of every 2 weeks.

One dungeon doesn't need to have every item you want in it, but currently NO DUNGEON does, hell NO PVE CONTENT supplies a reasonable rate of the consumables used in PvE, in particular blue noc's.

If you want to run AAHM twice a day, and use a single blue noc in each then according to the methods you listed you have to:

- Run 26-30 top-tier dungeons per day. Or alternatively 45 ilvl 431 dungeons per day.
    - Run 14 ilvl 439 dungeons every day for 3 days during dungeon coin events.
    - With an assumed 2 coin jackpot and 50/50 BG win-rate, run an average of 10 BG's per day.
    - With an assumed average 1/7 RNG for lootboxes spend around $10.50 or 52,500 gold per day.

Unless you absolutely hate yourself, none of the above with the exception of potentially BG's to PvP fans, would sound even remotely reasonable to anyone to do consistently for several days/weeks in a row.
    Top it off with the fact that the above was listed with the idea in mind that you would only run 2 dungeon runs per day in which you used blue noc, more dungeons, more usage, more of the above.

Meanwhile, EU manages to have both material rewards AND consumable rewards in their high-tier content! It's almost like the two don't need to be mutually exclusive because a reasonable flow of consumables rewarded for clearing high-end content doesn't break the game in any way.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    - VG credits take 13 runs of the hardest dungeon
    it takes 7.
    - VG credits take 13 runs of the hardest dungeon
    it takes 7.

I forget, with elite yes it takes 7. That's still a 7:1 ratio of dungeon:noc when considering the hardest dungeon in the game, and still equates to 14-15 top-tier dungeons or 23 ilvl 431 dungeons per day, for a whopping 2 consumables.
  • This honestly all goes back to why is harder contents so not rewarding. If the dungeon itself requires you to use x y and z, why does it not reward you with x y and z back in return, so you can run more. Why is that the most profitable thing to do in this game is always low tier stuff, for people that are incapable, but has lots of time on their hands to grind?

Like, I just don't understand. Why is it that I have to farm 3 stars dungeons all day everyday just so I can get enough nocts and vg credits to get some blue nocts, so I can run one AAHM? I just fail to make any sense out of that at all.
  • KhernzKhernz ✭✭✭
    ITT: casual players who have no business or prior need for blue nocs arguing against parsing endgame players that are all experiencing the needs.

It's funny they find it not enough to just keep quiet about something they have no issue with and have to literally argue against it like it's some zero-sum game and more availability of blue nocs somehow equates to other things they need being taken away.
  • To add to the list of ways to get them I got a couple of refiners from the iod box. Not saying thats a reliable way to farm them though.

I agree that the vg cost is extremely high and should be adjusted to match EU. Why are they so high in the first place?
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    Khernz wrote: »
    ITT: casual players who have no business or prior need for blue nocs arguing against parsing endgame players that are all experiencing the needs.
    you can quote my post dude, you don't gotta make yourself try and look better by ignoring any arguments to pick apart mine