[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Im confused about blue nocs

Comments

• You know, skimming through this, so perhaps someone else brought it up, but... Why aren't blue nocts tradeable? Normal nocts are. Many other consumables are. What makes these different, requiring them to be untradeable?

Myself, I don't give a crap either way about nocts. I carry some on my lancer for when things get rough, but as I don't run the super-hard stuff, they just sit in my bank and gather dust. I just checked - I've got over 100k of the normal nocts in my bank (and I know I've sold/given some away previously), along with 50 blue nocts. Not counting whatever stuff is laying around my dozen or so char's inventories. And I doubt I'm the only one - I bet there's other people with even more.

You know what else I have a lot of? Vanguard credits. Just earlier this week I had to find something to buy on at least one char because I hit the 9,000 cap. (It bugs me to be wasting credits, even if I'm not using them anyway.) Between work and home stuff, I simply don't have enough time to play TERA any given day to need reset scrolls - and CCB easily takes care of needing many crystals.

Sure, I could sell my normal noct, but someone still needs to pay those credits themselves. It sounds like most of the people who would want to buy noct already are spending all their credits on things. Meanwhile, I've got noct, I've got credits. I could be drowning in these stupid little blue things if I wanted. But I can't trade them, so there they sit. Hopefully nobody ever raids my bank for performance-enhancing drugs.

...I would love to be able to trade/sell blue noct to other players. Players who are actually going to be using them. Players who apparently need them at the super-hard stuff. And I get gold. Isn't that the entire point of trading things?
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    @pltnmvenus I like the idea of them become tradeable.

And I will insist, I think dragon scale shop is the best way to make them avaliable for end-game players, manily because after you already got your Iron Dragon then there is only consumables what they can really be worth trading.

We can get Strong Braveries and Canephoras throught other means so it would be a good choice to get blue nocs in this token shop as well.
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭✭
    Saabi wrote: »
    This problem is gonna be even more infuriating when DSU comes out. Can't wait to run into the problem of my party running out of blue nocs and not being able to clear DSU ESPECIALLY when we are missing other things that increase dps that KOREA has. But whatever...

Don't worry Saabi!!!! We'll get Velik's Little Helper 2 weeks late in order to ensure our DSU is in the "hardest" difficulty!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »
    And I will insist, I think dragon scale shop is the best way to make them avaliable for end-game players, manily because after you already got your Iron Dragon then there is only consumables what they can really be worth trading.

Dragon scales work too, yeah. Like you said, there's only so many dragons you're going to be wanting to buy with them.

This thread, overall, confuses me. Maybe I just don't see the problem with having a consumable available from loads of different places. Put them in every single shop for all I care - that's just a question of pricing, rather than availability.

Cause at the end of the day... I'm here to play TERA. Doing the actual PvE is what's fun for me. You could make the argument for having to "work" for consumables, just like you have to work for item XP and enchantment materials and gold, but... It's a consumable, it's inherently temporary. I see no reason for consumables to not be all gold-purchasable. Floormats will still be floormats anyway.
  • KhernzKhernz ✭✭✭
    metagame wrote: »
    Khernz wrote: »
    ITT: casual players who have no business or prior need for blue nocs arguing against parsing endgame players that are all experiencing the needs.
    you can quote my post dude, you don't gotta make yourself try and look better by ignoring any arguments to pick apart mine

Don't be so insecure. No one cares that much about you to single you out. Unless you're implying you, usagi, infinitee are the same person.
  • You can run other stuff than aahm on alts and buy nocs.
  • TaldekTaldek ✭✭
    While it only really affects a small margin of players i guess, its a problem none the less. It was somewhat manageable with double vanguard but since thats not a permanent thing its more painful. Fact is if you run the top tier dungeons you use them waaaay faster than you earn them. Even one shotting AAHM still takes 20 minutes ish. You get 70 points(140 with elite) per clear right now and it takes 900 to buy a 30 minute noct. Even doing multiple runs, all one shots, you still end up negative. In korea the noct prices on vanguard are much cheaper, as well as in europe. Europe has elleon tokens per dungeon run so you can effectively buy 2 nocts per dungeon run always. A possible solution would be to leave the dungeon delver tokens on permanently for every dungeon or invent something similar to elleon tokens so people can buy talents/nocts/whatever they want. This is one of those problems thats gonna become even more damaging when dreadspire comes and you spent a ludicrous amount of time/consumables in there.
  • The crabs drop blue noct!
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    there isn't any issue to solve in the first place

if you want blue nocts there are multiple ways currently in the game to obtain them, adding more ways currently isn't necessary

I really want to know what multiple ways you're referencing. Currently since there's no jackpot event on, so as far as I'm aware the only methods to obtain Blue Noc's is either via gambling on lootboxes from the cash shop, or from the vanguard shop, which costs 900 credits and AAHM rewards... 70, or in other words 13 runs for 1 blue noc.

Could you please explain the multiple other methods? Because I would really like to use them but strangely nobody posting about all these methods seems inclined to share what they are...

I actually think we SHOULD have more ways to get blue nocts, but I am getting a fair number of refiners from killing thieves on IoD. So there could be that.

and btw I am a casual who is only flirting with end game content, and I also find it weird that some people are fighting this so hard.
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    I do think blue noct would be nice, but they way OP states it is as if he wants it handed to him so he can do hard, end-game dungeons without doing a bit of farming to work for those consumables. a small event would be nice to let this stuff be distributed, doesn't have to be a big event givings out lots of things.

I just wish the website was more ergonomically and graphically friendly so these events and all could be seen all at once. i look at the website and i have no idea what's going on other than that there's 3 different sections to it on middle of the left side (PC, PS4, XBOX ONE)
  • SaabiSaabi ✭✭✭
    Catservant wrote: »
    there isn't any issue to solve in the first place

if you want blue nocts there are multiple ways currently in the game to obtain them, adding more ways currently isn't necessary

I really want to know what multiple ways you're referencing. Currently since there's no jackpot event on, so as far as I'm aware the only methods to obtain Blue Noc's is either via gambling on lootboxes from the cash shop, or from the vanguard shop, which costs 900 credits and AAHM rewards... 70, or in other words 13 runs for 1 blue noc.

Could you please explain the multiple other methods? Because I would really like to use them but strangely nobody posting about all these methods seems inclined to share what they are...

I actually think we SHOULD have more ways to get blue nocts, but I am getting a fair number of refiners from killing thieves on IoD. So there could be that.

and btw I am a casual who is only flirting with end game content, and I also find it weird that some people are fighting this so hard.

Yeah, I'm not quite sure why people want this consumable to be hard to obtain. It's not gear. Blue noc is something thats gonna be essential in coming content.
  • SaabiSaabi ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    I do think blue noct would be nice, but they way OP states it is as if he wants it handed to him so he can do hard, end-game dungeons without doing a bit of farming to work for those consumables. a small event would be nice to let this stuff be distributed, doesn't have to be a big event givings out lots of things.

I just wish the website was more ergonomically and graphically friendly so these events and all could be seen all at once. i look at the website and i have no idea what's going on other than that there's 3 different sections to it on middle of the left side (PC, PS4, XBOX ONE)

I don't quite understand why you want a consumable to be so heavily tied to events when its something thats extremely valuable in true endgame dungeons. Why should we have to run dungeons that we needed when we first started gearing? Why run filler content to obtain items that are needed at the top-end of the game? it just doesn't make sense. It literally does you and no other person who is against me any harm to have blue nocs be actually widely available; it's completely beneficial. I don't understand this mentality of having the consumable rare. IT LITERALLY DOES NO HARM. You can't even trade it. You can't sell it.

Why [filtered] off endgame players by having crucial consumables a [filtered] to obtain? If you're casual and you never use them, fine, but why do you want to block others who need them?
  • SaabiSaabi ✭✭✭
    And these so called events giving out Master additives are more damaging to the game economically than blue nocs would ever be, wake up people.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    weren't you going on towards the start of the thread about how that event was over and therefore not relevant

stop backpedaling
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    I'm back.

So I'm guessing the casuals (which I'm not surprised) are winning this thread over the pro players huh.

I guess that's that then.