[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Im confused about blue nocs

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    @Saabi not your enemy either, just suggesting ways to include those blue nocs in a way you won't have to complain again from the lack of them for new content.

I believe that it could be easier for EME to include them in other ways than modifying the rewards from vanguard request.

I even think EME should make a post here and show they are looking into it but lately we had seen EME is more aware of Discord than any other social media.

And so far for what they have told me before about suggestions, if they come here to see this thread and read how only less than a dozen of people have show real concern about blue nocs then it might get ignored.

So I would suggest you to make a little bit of noise in their Discord server, at office hours, and hope you can get more people to agree with you in this case.
  • RenniBeeRenniBee ✭✭✭
    Just popping in here to let EME know that I agree with Saabi and would like to see them implement something to give us a way to get blue nocs easier! I agree with the reasons he and others have presented for needing them.

Casuals stop posting on this please. Not relevant to you. Hinders our ability to communicate w/EME.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    JXE5356AKE wrote: »
    The whole point of this thread was asking for it to be added in the dragon scale shop and reduced priced on vg shop already.
    neither of these things were mentioned by op, pretty much the entire thread stemmed from how he wanted nocts to be added to one dungeon so he could farm it from that and nowhere else
    RenniBee wrote: »
    Just popping in here to let EME know that I agree with Saabi and would like to see them implement something to give us a way to get blue nocs easier!
    is there a reason why you think they need to be more available outside of the current methods to obtain them? we don't have to copy other versions' methods, and only parsing requires it for any content right now.
  • LaemieLaemie ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Hellos, poppin in to say i also agree with OP and reading this thread really makes me want to facepalm but yeah.

Im not a hardcore, just a casual with my own group to learn AAhm, been 2 weeks and havent cleared btw, the best we got was 20% and we do not want to glitch the dungeon so yeah.

We spend around 3 hours a day, thats 6-7 nocts per attempt, 2 weeks, you do the math. And really, unless you dont have a soul, after a few hours in AAh, you just want to chill and not do anything, let alone grinding boring contents for atleast 1 noct L O L (900 VG omega). 1 person in the group has already expressed to me that they nolonger want to do learning runs (as they are exp enough already) because they dont want to waste more of their blue nocts, it breaks my heart but i can understand.

But yeah, just want to say it again that i agree with OP and alot of ppl who actually think logically in this thread.
  • RenniBeeRenniBee ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Yep! I have used all the various methods mentioned in this thread aside from strongbox/lootboxes cause I'm f2p, I especially played during the jackpot events and got plenty, buy noct refiners regularly with vg creds cause I have a lot from grinding low tier iod on 4 alts per day cause I'm trying to get reward tier 7 for the summon (and let me say that it is not only mind numbing but most people do not have time for this and don't have as much as I do unless they're also grinding the bams) I had all these sources I'm getting them from and still running out, because it's not enough to cover all the content used for. EME please make additional ways for us to obtain more of these.

Also: if somebody was legit in my RRHM/AAHM/RKE party and did not have a blue noc on despite having them and weren't a healer I would kick. That's not fair to the rest of the party. You are wasting their time and quite likely trapping their run if its AA or RKE cause of dps check. I'm not carrying your dps weight through the shield for you. Don't be selfish, don't be trap, respect your teammates' time and effort.

More blue nocs please EME.

Ppl who don't run endgame dgs or have anything productive to add, begone.
  • As someone who runs log in to do only AAHM pop dg reset scroll off cooldown, I agree with Saabi that blue nocts should be made more available (in and outside of events). Not everybody enjoy logging in to spam RG & KC or low level IOD all day.

One suggestion that I could give would be to have something similar to that of SCEM. If I remember correctly you had to pay a fee to actually enter the dungeon but then you get superior noct along with feast. Why don't we just have it so that we get the benefit of superior noct once we engage the first boss. Just a small suggestion.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    RenniBee wrote: »
    Also: if somebody was legit in my RRHM/AAHM/RKE party and did not have a blue noc on despite having them and weren't a healer I would kick.
    [...]
    Don't be selfish, don't be trap, respect your teammates' time and effort.
    isn't this also being selfish, though? none of the dungeons you mentioned require using blue nocts, it's strictly a luxury item at this point.

if you're the type of person to kick over something like that, cool, but if the blue noct struggle is as real as you claim it to be, it's hypocritical to not sympathize
  • Saabi wrote: »
    You cannot buy blue nocs from other players, and as I've said before it's not realistic that someone such as myself who logs on to run hard content will be able to farm enough blue nocs for my runs. I don't know how much free time you guys have on your hands but the average person cant just run low dungeons all day just to buy 1~3 blue nocs that can ATMOST hold you for 3 runs of AAHM; which is extremely low considering I can do over 6 runs of AAHM a day. It's seriously something that needs to be adjusted.
    An average player won't have 500k xp on +9 equipment. Go cry me a river okay.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    @RenniBee
    Ok why the hell would you kick a dps for not using noct in rrh... That dungeon is really easy and has no dps checks, using noct there is a waste.
    Metagame has a point here lmao
  • Hi, player council member here

Just wanted to comment on some things.

Just because some people have plenty of noct or don't see a purpose for it doesn't mean eme should ignore the feedback from the players suffering from a shortage.

Not everyone has the time or desire to farm every event and they shouldn't have to. There should be a reasonable and sustainable way for players to earn a consumable, even if it's a luxury one. It doesn't matter how they plan on using it or how skilled they are at the game.

This doesn't mean taking something away from the game. It just means filling a hole to improve quality of life for people.

The feedback has been heard and it is something the player council has brought up with eme. Since the start of the thread a couple of things have already happened.

1. The price was lowered in the vg shop.
    2. There's a crab event and noct drops as a reward.

I still think more changes could be made in the future but this is a good start. Change can be slow sometimes but at least in this area change is happening.

Thanks for being constructive with your feedback. It does help a lot when we talk to eme
  • crab event is a good band-aid. bravo :+1:
  • The crab event did a great job of alleviating the initial shortage of blue noct from all the new hardmode content and the price reduction in the vg shop is a nice change. It would be nice to see other sustainable avenues for obtaining blue noct in the future alongside vg credits. Thanks for hearing our feedback and making changes.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    StarSprite wrote: »
    There should be a reasonable and sustainable way for players to earn a consumable
    multiple ways already exist
  • metagame wrote: »
    There should be a reasonable and sustainable way for players to earn a consumable
    They're not sustainable for some or we wouldn't have this thread! Feedback has been heard just needs some time. :heart:
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    metagame wrote: »
    They're not sustainable for some or we wouldn't have this thread! Feedback has been heard just needs some time. :heart:

Could be they added to dragon scale shop also? If they are included for a fair price this can also help a little people doing higher tier content also.