[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 11/18 at 6pm PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Priest Energy Stars 20% Effect Glyph

I have never really understood why Priest requires 5 Glyph points for Energy stars to increase the effect by 20% and Mystic instantly gets this for their Auras.
I understand that back then Mystic only had 40 Power and 8 atk speed, and this glyph was an optional must have, but at this point the glyph is now a required rather than a optional.
Mystic Aura - 48 Power and 9.6 atk speed
Unglyphed Priest Energy Stars - 40 Power and 8 atk speed
Glyphed Priest Energy Stars - 48 Power and 9.6 atk speed
I personally believe that this glyphed effect should automatically be integrated with the skill and/or not require Glyph points or have a reduced Glyph point cost (From 5 points to at least 2-3 points).
I dunna, what are you opinions on this?

Comments

• PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭✭
    Our opinion doesn't matter, BHS is gonna keep giving Mystics our Priest skills and leave us lying around being in general a poorer choice, especially in min/max situations.
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭✭
    Every Priest main, myself included, would agree with you on this, however, the same situation applies to Mystics.

Priests' Blessing of Shakan grants 11 endurance. Mystics must glyph Thrall of Protection for the 10% endurance party buff. Priest's Grace of Resurrection allows them to revive instantly on the spot, and Mystics must glyph Vow of Rebirth for the same effect. Priest Heal Thyself allows them to replenish their own HP instantly, and Mystics must glyph Arun's Vitae for the same effect...see the pattern?

Priest has to use 5 Glyph points for EStar (Mystic gets for free), and Mystic has to glyph other things that Priest gets for free. Overall, both classes are more equivalent in power than they've been in years, so I don't think BHS has too much interest in touching them more right now. The last time they tried to "tune" a healer (Mystic specifically) they managed to make it much stronger than the other (Priest).
  • hellnohellno ✭✭✭
    Pages wrote: »
    Every Priest main, myself included, would agree with you on this, however, the same situation applies to Mystics.

Priests' Blessing of Shakan grants 11 endurance. Mystics must glyph Thrall of Protection for the 10% endurance party buff. Priest's Grace of Resurrection allows them to revive instantly on the spot, and Mystics must glyph Vow of Rebirth for the same effect. Priest Heal Thyself allows them to replenish their own HP instantly, and Mystics must glyph Arun's Vitae for the same effect...see the pattern?

Priest has to use 5 Glyph points for EStar (Mystic gets for free), and Mystic has to glyph other things that Priest gets for free. Overall, both classes are more equivalent in power than they've been in years, so I don't think BHS has too much interest in touching them more right now. The last time they tried to "tune" a healer (Mystic specifically) they managed to make it much stronger than the other (Priest).

For your average run they are around the same level with Mystics being slightly on top, but once you get to slaying runs Mystic completely outclasses Priests. Priest cant even do slaying since all their buffs heal. Also Mystic now has 2 iframes while priest still have their one and Priest have a lot more active time than mystics for stuff they need to do.
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    hellno wrote: »

For your average run they are around the same level with Mystics being slightly on top, but once you get to slaying runs Mystic completely outclasses Priests. Priest cant even do slaying since all their buffs heal. Also Mystic now has 2 iframes while priest still have their one and Priest have a lot more active time than mystics for stuff they need to do.

I said "more equal than ever" (not necessarily perfectly balanced) and even in endgame instances Priests are taking high scores: https://moongourd.com/dungeon?area=920&boss=3000

Yes, Mystic is the only healer that can still reliably heal slaying but the game isn't balanced around slaying so I don't think that will change. For iframes, Priest gets a buff where Guardian Sanctuary resets the cooldown of Backstep very soon. When it comes to activity I believe both classes are very active with Apex, I don't think one is particularly more active than the other.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    I said "more equal than ever" (not necessarily perfectly balanced) and even in endgame instances Priests are taking high scores: https://moongourd.com/dungeon?area=920&boss=3000
    priests are on top and the preferred healer there because they can glitch the cage mechanic for free dps
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    metagame wrote: »
    priests are on top and the preferred healer there because they can glitch the cage mechanic for free dps

While I don't disagree with you on that, if you look at other dungeons Priests are still competitive with Mystics.

NM: https://moongourd.com/dungeon?area=720&boss=3000 (there is no cage mech in NM)
    BP: https://moongourd.com/dungeon?area=710&boss=3001
    LKH: https://moongourd.com/dungeon?area=969&boss=86903 (not #1 but #2/#3/#4)
    RRN: https://moongourd.com/dungeon?area=739&boss=3001 (only 3/10, but has #1)
    RRH: https://moongourd.com/dungeon?area=939&boss=3001 (not #1, but #2/#3/#5/#7/#8/#9/#10)
    RKE: https://moongourd.com/dungeon?area=935&boss=4000 (nonslaying, 2/10 are priest, only #8/#9)

Obviously Mystics have the history of giving their party higher DPS (contagion/crit buff) but with Apex both classes are very similar in terms of strength. I think saying that the only reason Priest parties are on top is because of the cage bug is silly because the #1 party only has Priest who can reset cage (the DPS/Tank cannot) whereas #12, which has a Mystic (who can't reset cage), still has a Sorcerer who can reset the cage (CD of Stoneskin is long, but shorter than Divine Respite) but...they're still #12 and not #1 (https://moongourd.com/encounter?area=920&boss=3000&log=5b21dae39e9de).
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    its also got 2 deaths and a non apex class dps and you're comparing it to one with neither

although not as relevant here, you can't compare aahm to any other dungeon due to how much hp antaroth has, the enrage timers are much lower because of it
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭✭
    metagame wrote: »
    its also got 2 deaths and a non apex class dps and you're comparing it to one with neither

although not as relevant here, you can't compare aahm to any other dungeon due to how much hp antaroth has, the enrage timers are much lower because of it

It's less about comparing AAHM to other dungeons and more about cross-comparing the strength of both healers, which is consistent across all dungeons, as I showed. I already agreed with you that Priest will have higher scores in AAHM because of the cage bug, but that doesn't mean Priest is strong only because of its ability to bug cage. It is consistently a viable healer in other dungeons as well, which I showed. Without the cage bug, Mystics would be more on par with Priest in AAHM, but not necessarily overshadow them, as proved by other the other dungeons, even those designed with apex in mind, such as AANM and RRHM.
  • TankyHealerTankyHealer ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    When it comes to activity I believe both classes are very active with Apex, I don't think one is particularly more active than the other.

Okay both class needs to use buffs off cooldown, yes that is true. Divine charge compared to Thrall of Vengence, Edict of Judgement compared to Thrall of Wrath, sure these can be comparable. However for smoother runs where the dps can push for enrages very fast, as a priest you would need to use Vortex off cooldown as well to keep Edict of Judgement up for every enrage. This means that for example, the initial burn at 100% While you have Edict of Judgement up, Vortex is at a 2 second cooldown, which means you only have 2 seconds to do everything else besides using Vortex. This includes Energy Star, Triple nemesis, Divine Charge, and most importantly keep people alive. Even after enrage is over, no more Edict of Judgement meaning Vortex is back to 6 seconds cooldown. You legit only have 6 seconds to keep everything up, if someone dies and needs a res, you will be put off schedule with your buffs.
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭✭
    When it comes to activity I believe both classes are very active with Apex, I don't think one is particularly more active than the other.

Okay both class needs to use buffs off cooldown, yes that is true. Divine charge compared to Thrall of Vengence, Edict of Judgement compared to Thrall of Wrath, sure these can be comparable. However for smoother runs where the dps can push for enrages very fast, as a priest you would need to use Vortex off cooldown as well to keep Edict of Judgement up for every enrage. This means that for example, the initial burn at 100% While you have Edict of Judgement up, Vortex is at a 2 second cooldown, which means you only have 2 seconds to do everything else besides using Vortex. This includes Energy Star, Triple nemesis, Divine Charge, and most importantly keep people alive. Even after enrage is over, no more Edict of Judgement meaning Vortex is back to 6 seconds cooldown. You legit only have 6 seconds to keep everything up, if someone dies and needs a res, you will be put off schedule with your buffs.

Yes, I main Priest and am aware that in pretty much every dungeon designed pre-Apex the enrage timers are being pushed faster than you can farm vortex. I stand by my statement that both classes are active.

Mystic might not have to farm CD but they are still active with buffs like Priest, and still have to put off their buffs if someone dies. Mystics suffer from the same "out of sync" buff from fast burns in that they cannot have ToW/Conta up for every enrage if the burn is too fast. Priest has the ability to alleviate this by "farming" the cooldown of edict whereas Mystic does not have the same luxury. This is why it's not necessarily a relevant arguing point to say that Priest is at a disadvantage in 446 and lower dungeons because they cannot farm edict for every enrage when Mystic won't have their buffs for every enrage either.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Pages
    Correct me if I'm wrong since I can't check myself right now but, isn't the CD of tow equal to the CD of edict that has been reduced as much as possible by vortex? At that point mystics have a bigger advantage if the party is trap and you don't have time to vortex much and they can sync more easily.

So technically priests don't have the advantage of alleviating the CD since tow cd is much lower by default.
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    @CornishRex
    9f422935eeabccad6ea409db799c7abd.png
    These are the base cooldowns for Mystic (the ToW is glyphed for 50% cd which is 5 glyph points...comparable to 5 glyph points that a Priest might have to spend on something a Mystic already has).

Assuming triple CDR rolls on weapon and double E4 etchings you have a total of 27.6% cdr on Mystic.This puts Contagion at 87 seconds and ToW at 109 seconds.

b23f40e1a3f63320572e4a909abdd08e.png

This is the base cooldown for Edict of Judgment. Notice how it is only 10 seconds longer than ToW. There is one important thing about Priest though: it gains +5% cdr from EStars (which Mystic does not have).

This means that a Priest with the same gear would have an effective 32.6% cdr (27.6+5). This means Edict of Judgment has a cooldown of 108 seconds, not including any time shaved off with Zenobia's Vortex. This is already 1 second lower than Thrall of Wrath, and only 21 seconds longer than Contagion. In a "perfect scenario" edict, you can get off 7 vortexes (+1 vortex on a reduced CD after the edict ends) for a total of 8 vortex = 16 second cooldown reduction. This means that, in just the duration of the edict, you are only 7 seconds behind a Mystic's cooldowns. This is not including the additional vortexes you can throw outside of edict.

So mathematically Priests do stand an advantage in lower tier dungeons, cooldown wise.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    @CornishRex
    9f422935eeabccad6ea409db799c7abd.png
    These are the base cooldowns for Mystic (the ToW is glyphed for 50% cd which is 5 glyph points...comparable to 5 glyph points that a Priest might have to spend on something a Mystic already has).

Assuming triple CDR rolls on weapon and double E4 etchings you have a total of 27.6% cdr on Mystic.This puts Contagion at 87 seconds and ToW at 109 seconds.

b23f40e1a3f63320572e4a909abdd08e.png

This is the base cooldown for Edict of Judgment. Notice how it is only 10 seconds longer than ToW. There is one important thing about Priest though: it gains +5% cdr from EStars (which Mystic does not have).

This means that a Priest with the same gear would have an effective 32.6% cdr (27.6+5). This means Edict of Judgment has a cooldown of 108 seconds, not including any time shaved off with Zenobia's Vortex. This is already 1 second lower than Thrall of Wrath, and only 21 seconds longer than Contagion. In a "perfect scenario" edict, you can get off 7 vortexes (+1 vortex on a reduced CD after the edict ends) for a total of 8 vortex = 16 second cooldown reduction. This means that, in just the duration of the edict, you are only 7 seconds behind a Mystic's cooldowns. This is not including the additional vortexes you can throw outside of edict.

So mathematically Priests do stand an advantage in lower tier dungeons, cooldown wise.

Damn... I honestly always felt like tow gets off cd earlier than edict and is always ready for enrage a tad earlier, thanks for clarifying lmao

Maybe, ironically, the runs I'm in with my mystic are always slower so I was never able to compare it well :joy: