[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/17 at 8am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

SUMMER FESTIVAL TOKEN NERF!!?

Comments

• VashanaVashana
    edited June 2018
    Re: thread title, I wouldn't call this a "nerf" but rather an "adjustment." Last year's prices for the boxes were WAYY too generous, low, and easy. This year's prices are a little too high but understandable. Also the event is going on longer than last year's so there's that. If EME could knock the Clarets price for the box down to 70-80 tokens that would be great... And y'all really dun goofed by not making the swimsuits match the character's race-gender!

I agree with creating more opportunities to earn these tokens aside from doing the event quests? Currently they seem to be given out for completing LK and BP, how about adding them to completing BGs and few more mid and higher-tier dungeons?

Thanks for fixing to add the box to the Temple shop quickly by the way and I really love the new Water Gun back perm. Wish there was a different exclusive perm item you could buy from Temples in addition to the RNG box though.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pilip25 wrote: »
    keep the prices for the boxes.
    you guys should just stop crying because they dont overflow you with broken events like in the past.

There's that term again: "broken event". What the hell is that? Like, seriously, what does that mean?!

Also:
    and to people that say that they dont have time to farm or so bcs they busy with real life, you can buy boxes with real money if u spent more time at ur work.

Okay... what? I'd love to know what world you live in where one can instantly increase their income by increase their time at work (or whatever that's supposed to say... what are you saying here?).
    Spoiled people here in tera.

This is hilariously short-sighted.

2 things: one, people want to play the game and enjoy it. Thing is, there's little reason to at the current moment, some of the reasons for which you can find right in this very thread. Two, very few people benefit from this event as it stands. If you want to run around and just play the various mini-games and quests (which count towards the questing achievement, oddly enough), feel free, but the number of people who share that sentiment is going to be quite limited.

As someone said earlier, if smartboxes were guaranteed, it wouldn't be so bad. Instead, we have an event that - at best - has you slogging away to collect tokens for an overpriced lootbox that contains a single, randomly chosen item that few people may care about. Even if you have the time and roster to be able to get several event boxes in a single day, may the Fates view favorably upon you in that case, otherwise that's a sizable chunk of time wasted with little to show for it (ever do a long/difficult dungeon only to lose a valuable drop to a doorstop? similar feeling).

We're not "spoiled"; we're mad as hell as this is the latest in a growing list of grievances against EME.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    you guys should just stop crying because they dont overflow you with broken events like in the past.
    and to people that say that they dont have time to farm or so bcs they busy with real life, you can buy boxes with real money if u spent more time at ur work. Spoiled people here in tera.

2 dollars have been deposited into your account
  • KXRC9JMW74KXRC9JMW74 ✭✭✭
    CornishRex wrote: »
    and to people that say that they dont have time to farm or so bcs they busy with real life, you can buy boxes with real money if u spent more time at ur work. Spoiled people here in tera.

2 dollars have been deposited into your account

You lucky s**t
  • MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭

WOW this coming from someone dwelling in Mama's basement is rich. Do you even know how the real world works? People have these magical things called Bills, and Rent , and insurance they have to pay. In fact, I am lucky if I have an extra 10.00 a month and here I have some little basement dweller telling me to spend more time at work LOL wow that's really rich.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, that's taking it quite far.

First of all, we arent trying to break the event, we are trying to find a balance in between whats fun and enjoyable, and what it isnt. Farming on 7 characters a day only for 1 or 2 boxes if you do the Temple medallion farming, is not fun, is more like a chore, and this is an event that is supposed to be fun, not feel like homework. We want to be rewarded accordingly while having fun, not being rewarded for doing something that isnt fun to do.

And new players cannot enjoy the event to its fullest, because after farming for, ohh i dont know? 5 days straight? they get a box, that will not yield a costume for their race and gender, and will most likely generate an accessory. That is very discouraging, and inmediately even new players would realize that the event is not worth their time, and hence, participation of the events is null, and that is something EME definitely doesn't want, because it would make evident they are incapable of holding a fun event.

Secondly, you are really insulting everyone here. If you have the money to spend on the cash shop, then go ahead and do it. We do not want to, because there are other things money can be used on. Stuff you really should be familiar with, but i will list it since it seems you aren't:

- Rent
    - Food
    - Car payments
    - Services like internet
    - Insurance

Most of us have jobs, and cannot afford to throw that much money, or any at all at CHANCES at getting something we want, because it seems EME still haven't learned that loot boxes are plain evil and just keep shoving them up our throats.

But you dont have to worry about any of those trivial things right? you have mommy and daddy to pay for your stuff right?
  • guys,this pillip25 is most likely a tuwangi trying to be a troll...don't feed him
  • Last year's event was FUN. I traded with guild mates, people I ran into. The event was fast and easy to run, you got a summer item per day - whether it was a suit or backslot or whatever. I happily signed up for Elite.

I'm with the person above that has started to wonder if I should continue to support Tera with my monthly Elite. That $180 per year could go to another game. But I choose to spend it here. For now.

But this... this isn't fun. The Summer event has always been a fun event. This is killing it this year for me. Yeah, so what if people make 5k gold from selling a suit? Heck, I gave/traded most of mine away.

I agree with the 25/30 and 20/25 tokens. I mean, you've already made the boxes so that they don't correspond to the character opening it. That should be more than sufficient to bring down the level of "fun" - this is just killing it.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    CandyTX wrote: »
    Last year's event was FUN. I traded with guild mates, people I ran into. The event was fast and easy to run, you got a summer item per day - whether it was a suit or backslot or whatever. I happily signed up for Elite.

I'm with the person above that has started to wonder if I should continue to support Tera with my monthly Elite. That $180 per year could go to another game. But I choose to spend it here. For now.

But this... this isn't fun. The Summer event has always been a fun event. This is killing it this year for me. Yeah, so what if people make 5k gold from selling a suit? Heck, I gave/traded most of mine away.

I agree with the 25/30 and 20/25 tokens. I mean, you've already made the boxes so that they don't correspond to the character opening it. That should be more than sufficient to bring down the level of "fun" - this is just killing it.

Lets just be happy we played pre-dynamite, because post-dynamite seems to suck real bad. I have to admit that post-dynamite is great for those of us not wanting an excuse to return. However, I do love to read the comments from some about how we got too much and now, we don't deserve anything. Funny thing is you know those same people were spamming last year's event like crazy and probably still have a supply of suits in stock. They're most likely tickled at how tough it is to get a suit now, because it means their suits will still go up in value.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Zoknahal wrote: »

Well, that's taking it quite far.

First of all, we arent trying to break the event, we are trying to find a balance in between whats fun and enjoyable, and what it isnt. Farming on 7 characters a day only for 1 or 2 boxes if you do the Temple medallion farming, is not fun, is more like a chore, and this is an event that is supposed to be fun, not feel like homework. We want to be rewarded accordingly while having fun, not being rewarded for doing something that isnt fun to do.

And new players cannot enjoy the event to its fullest, because after farming for, ohh i dont know? 5 days straight? they get a box, that will not yield a costume for their race and gender, and will most likely generate an accessory. That is very discouraging, and inmediately even new players would realize that the event is not worth their time, and hence, participation of the events is null, and that is something EME definitely doesn't want, because it would make evident they are incapable of holding a fun event.

Secondly, you are really insulting everyone here. If you have the money to spend on the cash shop, then go ahead and do it. We do not want to, because there are other things money can be used on. Stuff you really should be familiar with, but i will list it since it seems you aren't:

- Rent
    - Food
    - Car payments
    - Services like internet
    - Insurance

Most of us have jobs, and cannot afford to throw that much money, or any at all at CHANCES at getting something we want, because it seems EME still haven't learned that loot boxes are plain evil and just keep shoving them up our throats.

But you dont have to worry about any of those trivial things right? you have mommy and daddy to pay for your stuff right?

First, the correct phrase is, "down our throats."

Second. Oh no! Surely the worst thing for EME is to be accused of being "incapable of holding a fun event." That's just simply awful!

Third, are you seriously making excuses why free players should get free stuff, because they simply can't or won't spend any money on the game? That argument only fuels their reasoning for not giving out free stuff. Lets face it, it's only a matter to time before free stuff is only given out to Elite members once they fix the vouchers and make them unable to be sold on the broker.

Forth, are you really saying everyone that spends money on Tera has our mommy and daddy pay for us? I am just shocked at your logic. You try to pass yourself off as the truth teller and common sense maker, but most of it is pure drivel. No doubt you will reply with a "aren't you gone yet," but at least try to be mature and make some sense.

I highly doubt most of the adults on here that pay for items in the shop are doing so with their parent's money. Most of us have gainful employment and aren't spending every dime of it on bills. Some of us actually have a two-income household. Can you believe it?
  • If they decrease the price of the boxes now then it will be unfair to anyone who has already redeemed some boxes at the current rate. Personally I suggest creating more ways to earn tokens instead of lowering the price of the boxes.
  • RKCRKC ✭✭✭
    My god ever since Spacecats left, events are really bad now.
  • I liked Tera more when it was P2P.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Christin xerZm4q.jpg

I like you already. Nit picky ppl like you should be given a cookie.
  • > @Christin said:
    > CandyTX wrote: »
    >
    > Last year's event was FUN. I traded with guild mates, people I ran into. The event was fast and easy to run, you got a summer item per day - whether it was a suit or backslot or whatever. I happily signed up for Elite.
    >
    > I'm with the person above that has started to wonder if I should continue to support Tera with my monthly Elite. That $180 per year could go to another game. But I choose to spend it here. For now.
    >
    > But this... this isn't fun. The Summer event has always been a fun event. This is killing it this year for me. Yeah, so what if people make 5k gold from selling a suit? Heck, I gave/traded most of mine away.
    >
    > I agree with the 25/30 and 20/25 tokens. I mean, you've already made the boxes so that they don't correspond to the character opening it. That should be more than sufficient to bring down the level of "fun" - this is just killing it.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Lets just be happy we played pre-dynamite, because post-dynamite seems to suck real bad. I have to admit that post-dynamite is great for those of us not wanting an excuse to return. However, I do love to read the comments from some about how we got too much and now, we don't deserve anything. Funny thing is you know those same people were spamming last year's event like crazy and probably still have a supply of suits in stock. They're most likely tickled at how tough it is to get a suit now, because it means their suits will still go up in value.

Yeah I agree under s seandynamite the game you is terrible. Don’t know why he’s still in charge. Wasn’t there someone before him that was okay?
This discussion has been closed.