[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

SUMMER FESTIVAL TOKEN NERF!!?

Comments

• KXRC9JMW74KXRC9JMW74 ✭✭✭
    Tonka knew what players wanted because he wasn't afraid to play himself. After he left Tera slowly started to go down . When Spaceshot came in he was more a "ban all who did what I don't want"
  • None of these decisions, in the past or the present, are about any one given person, so singling people out as if either a) they personally were solely responsible for good things, or b) they personally were solely responsible for bad things is pointless and way too simplistic. Just because someone is the "public face" doesn't mean the decisions were their idea. And even if something is someone's idea, it has to go through an approval process, including approval by the boss, like happens in pretty much all companies. (Maybe someone would like to do something differently, but their boss told them they can't.)

So in the end, the personal attacks are pointless and misdirected. Better to just stay focused on the issue at hand.
  • day 10 ... still same price 150 / 62
  • > @Galiers said:
    > day 10 ... still same price 150 / 62

Day 10 EmE doesn’t care
  • ViennoiserieViennoiserie ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Yeah, give up. They only said "we'll consider it" to make people shut up lol
  • oh they extend the duration ultil 07-31
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2018
    None of these decisions, in the past or the present, are about any one given person, so singling people out as if either a) they personally were solely responsible for good things, or b) they personally were solely responsible for bad things is pointless and way too simplistic. Just because someone is the "public face" doesn't mean the decisions were their idea. And even if something is someone's idea, it has to go through an approval process, including approval by the boss, like happens in pretty much all companies. (Maybe someone would like to do something differently, but their boss told them they can't.)

So in the end, the personal attacks are pointless and misdirected. Better to just stay focused on the issue at hand.

Yeah, just ignore the streams where he says straight up we're spoiled and don't deserve codes and yadda, yadda. Yeah, just ignore that the summer event last year was the last generous event except for Spacey's event before he left. Yeah, just ignore the timing, streams and all of that evidence, because counter knows best. BTW, pointing that out is not a personal attack nor is it racist. Just adding that, because I'm sure you'll go there next.

Funny you say it's not about any one person when SpaceCats was the only reason we got weekly codes. If you don't think so, have we even gotten one decent code since he's left? He stated many times "i added this" and "I added that". It was obvious in the streams that he was creating the codes and what went along with them. He may have needed approval, but it was pretty direct that he and only he was responsible for the weekly codes. EME's office isn't that large, and after Spacey left, someone made it quite clear that they were in charge of whether or not we'd be getting stream codes. So please, think before you add a rebuttal. You act as though you have this insider knowledge that we know you don't, because a lot of your counters are just riddled with misguided assumptions.

It was the issue at hand. Look at the title of the thread. We're giving reasons on why everything has been nerfed for the past year. Just because you don't like the reason, doesn't make it not the reason. Do you even bother to watch the streams? From a lot of your responses, I don't think you do.
  • Christin wrote: »
    Do you even bother to watch the streams? From a lot of your responses, I don't think you do.

Of course I do. Statements made in those streams don't happen without a broader context. Whenever someone leaves a company, it triggers conversations at the company-level about how to carry on that person's responsibilities, and often results in looks back at "what worked" and "what didn't work." That's why changes in staff often result in changes in policy; it's a chance to create a clean slate. It's not like someone new is going to come on board and make sweeping changes because they feel like it without any conversations about what went right/wrong in the past.

But anyway, this whole pointless and counterproductive tangent just goes to show that the actual argument in this thread is long over.
  • Christin wrote: »
    Do you even bother to watch the streams? From a lot of your responses, I don't think you do.

Of course I do. Statements made in those streams don't happen without a broader context. Whenever someone leaves a company, it triggers conversations at the company-level about how to carry on that person's responsibilities, and often results in looks back at "what worked" and "what didn't work." That's why changes in staff often result in changes in policy; it's a chance to create a clean slate. It's not like someone new is going to come on board and make sweeping changes because they feel like it without any conversations about what went right/wrong in the past.

But anyway, this whole pointless and counterproductive tangent just goes to show that the actual argument in this thread is long over.

Actually,the argument is far from over. A lot of people are very upset with the way this event is being made, because it really is one mess after another...so it's a lot of frustration and anger not only because this event is a mess but because it isn't the 1st time that it happened and sometimes...so people are venting all their anger and the subject can bring a lot of another results that it doesn't really add anything useful to the discussion (like cursing and pointing fingers about who did better and who did not in the enmasse staff...i did the same at my 1st message at this threat because i was very angry with how this event is being managed...i'm still upset,but i'm still looking and waiting for an agreement that can benefit us and enmasse...)

I also would like to apologize for my mistake in believing that only the 2017 swimsuits would be at sale...i didn't see the thread you linked before writing the post...

but regarding the main issue with this thread and some more...i can understand they're trying to control the supply of swimsuits by making them harder to obtain through lootboxes...but surely there's another way that they can do that without butchering all the fun the event is supposed to bring...

not only the lootboxes are way harder to obtain, but there's also the fact that if we receive a costume, there's the risk of out characters cannot use it...so they want it to control the supply? all right...they're controlling it but the control grip is too tight...it became so troublesome that they made the event almost useless...people barely go to the beach or the temple to gather tokens...the effort it isn't worthwhile at the current moment...

most of the considerations so far is that:

-most people (to say that instead of none at all) won't buy these old swimsuits at the daily deals...at least i believe it so...
    -they also will try to get through boxes and most of the time, will fail...and they won't have a considerable amount of chances to try again,unless they grind a lot, which is very tiresome...
    -Gathering tokens by other means is a solution? it is...btw,it seems to be the only option left...but it will make the event more like a secondary task,while it's supposed to be the core of the game at the moment,at least until july 31
    - and now there's the fact that lower the boxes' prices would be unfair to those who redeemed the boxes already...

so enmasse could give tokens as rewards for doing vanguard quests...doing dg's,killing bams,battleground...at a reasonable amount that would allow us to have our chances...not just 2 beach /1 temple...

that would,for an example,allow that player who have only one character to risk at least one or two boxes per day after all the grindfest...at the current way,this is impossible to do...

sorry if my post is confusing in some point...english isn't my native language
  • edited July 2018
    SekVilker wrote: »
    but regarding the main issue with this thread and some more...i can understand they're trying to control the supply of swimsuits by making them harder to obtain through lootboxes...but surely there's another way that they can do that without butchering all the fun the event is supposed to bring...

Well, in my personal opinion, I think the most "usable" solution is probably the one we discussed much earlier in the thread of adding some other potential prizes to the pool aside from swimsuits. Particularly given that this event is supposed to run for the entire month of July, having only the same rewards in the merchant the whole time would probably be boring anyway. That and having other events that give people a chance to earn tokens (like BAM spawns or other things) is probably the only way to arrive at some sort of middle ground, even though it still won't make everyone happy.
  • So true. People are lazy. They just want costumes without working hard / paying for it. Game is already free to play yet no one appreciates that and later proceeds to complain about not being handed rewards while sitting there twiddling their thumbs.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do some of you understand the original argument at this point?

We don't want something for nothing - we just want the items we get to be worth the time invested. Much like, say, doing a 4/5-star dungeon and getting decent drops.

What we have now is an event where the workload is increased compared to last year, but the chances of you - yes, you - getting a specific item from the Summer Fun boxes that you - or someone else - can use and enjoy are greatly lowered. Velik's glorious cleavage, how does that make sense?!

That's a legit question, by the by. Another legit question I'd love to have answered is who has honestly benefited from this event as it is now.
  • KXRC9JMW74KXRC9JMW74 ✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »
    Do some of you understand the original argument at this point?

We don't want something for nothing - we just want the items we get to be worth the time invested. Much like, say, doing a 4/5-star dungeon and getting decent drops.

What we have now is an event where the workload is increased compared to last year, but the chances of you - yes, you - getting a specific item from the Summer Fun boxes that you - or someone else - can use and enjoy are greatly lowered. Velik's glorious cleavage, how does that make sense?!

That's a legit question, by the by. Another legit question I'd love to have answered is who has honestly benefited from this event as it is now.

EME benefits because they are selling the swim suits for real money. Things is there are people that give it to EME
  • > @EnviroBear said:
    > So true. People are lazy. They just want costumes without working hard / paying for it. Game is already free to play yet no one appreciates that and later proceeds to complain about not being handed rewards while sitting there twiddling their thumbs.

You completely missed the point. People aren’t twiddling their thumbs doing nothing, they’re mad that the grind is way too much for something they might not even be able to use on their character.

People don’t necessarily appreciate the free to play aspect because we know they chose to have that business model to have as much revenue as possible not for the players. Such short sighted.
This discussion has been closed.