SUMMER FESTIVAL TOKEN NERF!!?

Comments

• No worries. The only person, erm... people who have anything to be sorry about is whoever made the decision to make summer fest pointless.

3 hours almost grinding my 4 characters through, and will finally have enough for 1 box tomorrow after grinding 3 again. >_<
  • Some misc points regarding this issue partly from the discussion on Discord:
    • It was mentioned on Discard that the box not being on the other token merchant might have been an error, as the news post indicated you could get the box with either token. They're looking into this. Hopefully that part gets fixed.
    • Last year's win rate was so generous that it devalued the broker price of all the related costumes and accessories for months (some of them are still devalued now, which was otherwise unheard of in years before that). So I honestly did expect the rate to be nerfed, though maybe this extent (the new price combined with the fact it's not giving smartboxes) is too drastic.
    • Another point that makes this year different from last year is that the event is running for double as long. Last year, it ran from July 13 to August 1, whereas this year it's running from June 21 to July 31. This probably also contributed to the change, since people have more time to farm.
    • One thing that hasn't been announced yet is what other ways there might be to earn tokens. If there are other ways to earn tokens, as happened with the anniversary token, it may help explain the price. Waiting for an answer on this.

Anyway, the price issue was definitely brought up as a concern, and we'll see what more information or changes are forthcoming. As people know by now, the pattern is always "start high and go lower" rather than the other way around.

ReChoa wrote: »
    >literally forced to farm alts if you want more than a SINGLE loot box because you're literally unable to get 300 medallions within 10 days with just one character
    Personally speaking, this is why I don't think this reward structure is a good idea for this game in general, because there's a huge discrepancy between what a casual player and a dedicated player can earn. There's no real way to balance this because if it's good enough so that each character gets a reward per day, then someone will be that much more incentivized to farm it on all their alts. And even if you somehow made it so that the rewards were once per account, it just helps people with tons of accounts. The only real way is to make the rewards untradable, but you don't want to do that if it's going to be RNG. So anyway, it's a real mess.
  • In case anyone was curious, you'd have to grind SEVEN characters a day through both events to get 1 loot box. Who has that time? -_-

you're right
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    @counterpoint Im all for everything you just mentioned, but this is EME we are talking about. You as a member of the player council (and probably the most involved) have come to give us this news that are also available in the EME discord, but why has an EME employee havent responded yet?

The community would be a little bit more calm if an actual EME employee comes and answer to this thread with what is planned to fix the ongoing issues.

I share the same thought that everyone in this thread: And Event should be fun and rewarding, but as it is right now, is not rewarding, and by default, no fun. Is only a grindfest forced upon us.

If EME wants to get out of this mess, they simply have to come clean on this.
  • Zoknahal wrote: »
    The community would be a little bit more calm if an actual EME employee comes and answer to this thread with what is planned to fix the ongoing issues.

Just to be clear, I just wanted to share what I know for people who weren't on the Discord, and wasn't trying to replace them coming in themselves and addressing the issue. Hopefully they will.
  • @counterpoint Can they just hire you to be our official forum responder? I see you respond more than anyone else and most of the time in an extremely timely fashion. :3

Thanks for the info. It's good to know that it was possibly just a mistake to not include loot boxes with the temple medallions. Hopefully this will all get sorted out.
  • I'm just worried that people who do farm, spend all that effort getting a box will open it and get some worthless back item or hat.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some misc points regarding this issue partly from the discussion on Discord:
    • Last year's win rate was so generous that it devalued the broker price of all the related costumes and accessories for months (some of them are still devalued now, which was otherwise unheard of in years before that). So I honestly did expect the rate to be nerfed, though maybe this extent (the new price combined with the fact it's not giving smartboxes) is too drastic.

EME altered the cost of Summer Festival Boxes because some people were having trouble selling them on the broker?

Sheesh.

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    SageWindu wrote: »

EME altered the cost of Summer Festival Boxes because some people were having trouble selling them on the broker?

Sheesh.

Not only that, EME is going to make direct sales from swimsuits so making this year event broken as the last year will make the cash shop uselss.

This is a bussiness not a charity house.
  • edited June 2018

Sheesh.

First of all, just to be clear, this was a point that we discussed on Discord, but this isn't something specifically stated by the staff. But, just to be honest, EME isn't going to want cash shop items to be devalued that much, because selling cosmetics is largely what pays for the game. If all the items are super-cheap on the broker and earned easily in-game, who will ever buy anything? So that's why it doesn't surprise me. They didn't explicitly say this... but sort of putting two and two together. (Like how Kyra's Catalyst and blue box events got nerfed when they were over-farmed and the rewards devalued.)

Again, not trying to say that the current price finds the right balance at all, but it partly depends on whether there'll be other ways to earn them too, which I don't know.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

Sheesh.

Not only that, EME is going to make direct sales from swimsuits so making this year event broken as the last year will make the cash shop uselss.

This is a bussiness not a charity house.

I have to disagree politely with you. Sure, from a business point of view, giving away swimsuits for free in game would definitely take a hit on the swimsuits sales, but is not about the sales we are talking about. Is about the outrageous cost on the Sandy boxes, the time each player would need to get just 1 box, and the fact that is not single character friendly like last year. New players that are looking forward to this event are most likely, or will be, disappointed since they pretty much will be forced to create new characters they will never use again, only for the sake of this event, cause lets face it, the main item everyone was looking forward, was the sandy loot boxes.

If they want to make sales, they are already gonna do that, by offering through the daily deals, the RNG costumes from the loot boxes, for direct sale. Plus there is a new lineup of swimsuits coming next week, so they will make sales on that too.

We aren't asking for handouts of swimsuits in game, we are just asking to make the event more enjoyable for everyone, by fixing the token shops to make them rewarding, not a chore.
  • Zoknahal wrote: »
    Is about the outrageous cost on the Sandy boxes, the time each player would need to get just 1 box, and the fact that is not single character friendly like last year.

I'm not really disagreeing with you, but what would you recommend as a way of going about this that is "single character friendly" while at the same time not being subject to excessive farming with people of lots of alts or accounts, and can remain stable for a 5 1/2 week period of possible farming?
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ElinUsagi @counterpoint

This is going to sound a little crazy, but if EME made it so that people wanted to spend money, we'd have less threads like this with less comments like mine (for starters).

Instead, we have questionable decision ("streamlining" customer service) after questionable decision (gutting the store) after questionable decision (the current XIGNCODE debacle) and many people seem to be pretty friggin' tired of it. And they're taking their wallets with them.
  • edited June 2018
    Doesn't seem like they're too interested in changing token amounts after being notified of complaints on Discord. Singlebear says it's enough for 1 character to get 1 box a week. There's 4-5 weeks to the event so that's roughly 5 boxes per character for the whole event.

Don't really blame them, but it takes a lot of the fun out of the event.
  • SvafnirSvafnir ✭✭✭
    But what would you recommend as a way of going about this that is "single character friendly" while at the same time not being subject to excessive farming with people of lots of alts or accounts, and can remain stable for a 5 1/2 week period of possible farming?

If the main reason they are doing it this way right now is because "welp, we gave away TOO many stuffz and it screwed up economy" (first of all they seem to be doing that FAR TOO OFTEN with their "fancy" events, they either gloriously overdo it or they give us slavework for a meager reward)... Make them UNTRADEABLE.
    150 token for a single item that may or may not be usable by any of my chars... yeah no, my soul would be best spent gambling with the devils and the chances of getting something worthwile would be far better.

Half the price (possibly a bit lower), SMARTBOX, UNTRADEABLE... if anyone gets something cool, they can use it, if they overdo it, they have to DISCARD it... if someone wants something specific, SPEND MONIES, not everyone will be willing to farm the event with 1283596192674 chars to get 502753083641902753 boxes, plus making them untradeable gives less reason to overdo the event if you do get what you're after.

Can someone do the math... assuming we even know the exact items that are included in the box? I'm curious as to what my chances of getting a single blue jammers for castanic male would be, prove my point.

Events are supposed to be fun and in the case of videogames, REWARDING... this feels a whole lot more like being offered lube after being fisted dry.
This discussion has been closed.