[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/15 at 6am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 5 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance
[PS4/XB1] Due to an error, we have extended current events (such as dungeon highlights) by one day. The new end time is now 10/15 at 0500 UTC. Thanks for your patience!

SUMMER FESTIVAL TOKEN NERF!!?

13468916

Comments

  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    voidy wrote: »
    Snippage.

    I concur, and @counterpoint I hope you're reading this.

    I used to have a lot of fun with TERA when I first played, and would happily drop some dosh on an Elite sub when I could (even if it wasn't in my best interests -coughs- ). And, to be honest, while the occasional new item drop does make my heart all aflutter, I'm hesitant to support the game monetarily for assorted reasons. Every new patch seems to break more than fix or add; some parts of how the game behaves simply don't make sense (I can't redeem my Elite gift box, which goes directly to my inventory, because I'm too close to a wall? seriously?); new dungeons introduce strange mechanics for the sake of difficulty (or just have a bunch of health for no reason like RR); constant lag and performance issues that seemed to have gotten worse thanks to XIGNCODE, to say nothing of EME themselves... I have a very long list of grievances.

    Long and short, and this is just me here, I've basically run out of reasons to spend my own money on the game. Hell, just logging in to play the game is starting to feel like a slog. If I'm not having fun, I have no reason to spend money on - or time with - the game. Like several others already said, I was looking forward to this event... and then this happened.

    By the by, I fully support this:
    TJKat wrote: »
    If we were guaranteed to get a swimsuit smartbox, okay, 1 box per character per week I could live with

    In fact, make the outfits available separately and keep the prices as they are ([filtered] it, make the dyeables more expensive). If EME wants people to really (ahem) "play" the game, then I feel this would be the best compromise.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    CornishRex wrote: »
    It's not free because you pay with your time fam
    And no, you have to put in a lot of effort and time for this stuff, which is why people are complaining. The time/reward ratio is not balanced and thus this event is a failure.
    Last year was great, I had tons of costumes that I handed out to friends and new players. It made the whole event really wholesome imo. We even did lots of guild events that included these as rewards! I also sold some of the costumes but I didn't make insane amounts of cash since a lot of people had them.
    All in all they really need to adjust the prices.

    Guess what, there is nothing FREE in this world acordingly to what you said in this post, even if they give you a code you have to "use your time" to make use of that code before you get anything.

    Anyway the meaning of FREE as an adverb still applies for this.

    Just because an item is free doesn't mean it's exempt from criticism.

    Addendum: If we take everything given to us at face value, how does anything improve?
  • edited June 2018
    @ElinUsagi
    You missed the point there, I think. She's saying time is valuable? If it wasn't, why in the hell would you want to be paid for work? You're selling your skills for a period of time.

    In essence, what's she saying here is that it takes too much time to farm for one box. It took me 3 hours to farm my characters through yesterday and still won't get a box til I push them through again. It would be one thing if these were the same boxes from last year that dropped smartboxes but they're not. You're literally spending hours in game for a chance to get something that most likely won't be usable by you or just a hat or accessory.

    Might not make a difference to "I have a comment about everything I see" people like you, but some of us aren't interested in dumping hard earned money into cosmetics in a video game, don't have tons of gold sitting in bank to buy brokerage stuff, and enjoy having fun ways to earn rewards.

    If you're worried about EME making money, they could make these untradable, but that would require too much effort.
  • LolitaaLolitaa ✭✭✭
    I like that this event is total garbage compared to last year, just so I dont have any urge to spend 2 hr a day farming on a bunch of alts lmao
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    CornishRex wrote: »
    It's not free because you pay with your time fam
    And no, you have to put in a lot of effort and time for this stuff, which is why people are complaining. The time/reward ratio is not balanced and thus this event is a failure.
    Last year was great, I had tons of costumes that I handed out to friends and new players. It made the whole event really wholesome imo. We even did lots of guild events that included these as rewards! I also sold some of the costumes but I didn't make insane amounts of cash since a lot of people had them.
    All in all they really need to adjust the prices.

    Guess what, there is nothing FREE in this world acordingly to what you said in this post, even if they give you a code you have to "use your time" to make use of that code before you get anything.

    Anyway the meaning of FREE as an adverb still applies for this.

    A lot of people would argue that nothing in this world is free. Hell there are even sayings "time is money" etc. Using a code requires little time thus the cost is closer to "free" if you get me.
    We are not being handed out these lootboxes for free, we have to grind for a lot of medallions for quite a long time. It's just not worth it.

    @ErzsebetBathory pretty much explained it
  • does it make sense to do event for a week to get a box? i can farm iod for a week and no rng get what i want ? anyway hope rootstock isnt this bad for the grind
  • KXRC9JMW74KXRC9JMW74 ✭✭✭
    Claret Medallions

    Lamb Bulgogi
    Struthio Breast Salad
    Half-Moon Croquette
    Traditional Bleakfields BBQ
    Freeholds Flame Salad
    Bleak Wings
    Sounds like roostock items to me which means rootstock is going to be another fail
  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    The Temple Medallion shop now seems to have the Sandy boxes as well, for 62 of its tokens. (So pretty much right on the same 6.25 character-day rewards as the 150/24, just rounded down.)
  • and EME dont say nothing... nice
  • Singlebear has said more than once in the discord that they're not intending to change the token amounts. He said it's plenty for 1 character to get 1 box a week (2 now that they're in the other shop as well).
    It would be nice, however, if someone actually responded on the forums.

    Also- Just an example of the RNG- I opened two boxes and got semi-lucky... a human dyeable string bikini and a human jersey cover up. The problem? I only have two castanics and two elins. I'm not money hungry though so I gave them to my other half who also plays. He mains a brawler, and like me, doesn't spend IRL money on cosmetics so he was excited (especially considering he got a lei and a striped bandana from his two boxes). That's the point I was making. 4-5 hours in total for worthless things that he'll never use.
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone I know who bothered trying this event out has opened a box and received a hat. That's so bad, lmao. If you're gonna make the boxes crazy expensive, at least tweak the odds of the reward so people have some incentive to log in and-- no, you know what, never mind lol. Maybe the game just deserves to fail at this point. I've never seen a community give such transparent feedback only for it to get ignored time and time again. I'd kill to have a community like this if I were a developer, literally every week people telling me ways to make money and get players coming back. Y'all listened to the player council with the crab event, and players came out for that because it gave items they wanted. Why stop there.
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    Rxkt wrote: »
    honestly eme has to stop with this "we're giving out too much! let's nerf everything and make it harder" bogus
    especially when it came out of @seandynamite 's mouth during a stream a while back

    the new gear system is grindy enough as is, and now all i see is half the forums crying about how the difficulty got ramped up.

    goodbye twitch codes from weekly streams
    goodbye golden talents
    goodbye 75% of the tera EMP store
    goodbye strongbox jackpot events
    goodbye 23 power in AAHM
    goodbye fun event with questionable loot boxes

    goodbye faith in eme team

    +1 internet
  • edited June 2018
    SageWindu wrote: »
    I concur, and @counterpoint I hope you're reading this.

    I completely understand your point (and what voidy said). But, at the same time, you've both taken my statement entirely out of context by snipping it like that. I entirely agree with the fact that events have to feel worthwhile so that people will enjoy doing them, and when there's a perception that everything's just about pushing to the cash shop it can actually drive people away from it. No arguments there. But my entire explanation was just focusing on one very specific issue: how using cash shop items in events adds an additional factor/complication in achieving the proper balance (particularly when the rewards are farmable over a long period of time). But that doesn't mean that, as a result, you have to make the rewards suck. Ideally, it just means you need to be more creative with the choice of rewards. This is what I've been saying about finding the right balance, which I agree isn't there right now.

    As I already said before, it's obvious that an unhappy customer isn't going to spend anything. But at the same time, "happiness" bought by throwing free cash shop items at people (ripping off the people who actually did pay you) isn't a sustainable price to pay either (and that was what I was contrasting to: the way it worked last year). There has to be a smarter way to make this event worth doing.
  • RenniBeeRenniBee ✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    ~redacted~ :3
This discussion has been closed.