[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/15 at 6am PDT, and have an expected downtime of 5 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance
[PS4/XB1] Due to an error, we have extended current events (such as dungeon highlights) by one day. The new end time is now 10/15 at 0500 UTC. Thanks for your patience!

SUMMER FESTIVAL TOKEN NERF!!?

Comments

• I missed the weekend, which is the only day I can play a little, I can not get anything. Nothing x Nothing = NOTHING
  • BankaidzBankaidz ✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Server is already empty, playing in Fail Forest, everything too expensive, tiring game and nothing to do.

• Tera officialy gone down hill since Spacecats left. All the people left in charge seem very stingy, greedy, ungenerous or whatever you like to call it, every event has been drasticly lowered spawn rates amount item req for prizez ect. and of course cant forget the forced spyware game guard trash they put, my friend just deleted the game and quit for good after seeing that. basicly EME staff are ruining this game cause they are not qualified for the job, they don't know Tera and they dont care about its players they care only about milking it as long as they can even if that means destroying the game.
  • xChasexChase ✭✭
    Well at least we have to give some credit to EME new staff, they sure know how to [filtered] people off. lol

Well it's sad, every time I think that it can't get worse, surprise, it gets. I thought the server couldn't be more empty, it got. The price of everything is overwhelming, the broker is a ghost place with very expensives ghosts. 140 k for elite, used to be 60 k. 850 k for a white shirt, 1.4 m for a 2.0 mount. come on, other day a new player was freaking out in the global chat about prices and he is not the only one.

No wonder new players leaves, there is just a few costumes, weapons skins, and other cosmetics items in the broker and they are way expensive.

• i sent a ticket

have question about summer event

1- why vanguard quest "Collect Sarberries" is not avaliable for level 58 (reaper), but collect contructor sand yes?
    2- Sandy Summer Festival Loot Box say "Costume from summer past"... that mean i can get summer wrap swimsuits or others 2017 swimsuit???
    3- i think 150 and 62 medallions is soo expensive... eme will low the price??

To answer your questions,

1. I'm not to sure about this one. I would like to request for a screenshot regarding this.

2. I believe that all the other swimsuits that went on sale are available.

3. Though I highly doubt that the current ones will be changed but nevertheless, we'll take your feedback into consideration in the future.
  • BabbelsimBabbelsim ✭✭✭
    ok boys and girls got some feedback from Discord, maybe we can turn this thing around where both EME and player can be happy with this event.
    let them know how many medallions your happy with per box, or if you got any other ideas please share them

im ok with 30/40 per box and the other temple one around 20/25

egBs4NA.png

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    Babbelsim wrote: »
    ok boys and girls got some feedback from Discord, maybe we can turn this thing around where both EME and player can be happy with this event.
    let them know how many medallions your happy with per box, or if you got any other ideas please share them

im ok with 30/40 per box and the other temple one around 20/25

egBs4NA.png

I think current prices would be good if you actually get a swimsuit smart box or at least the swimsuit for your character race and gender.

Not sure how much better is for people complaining reducing by 75-80% the lootbox cost when they will likely get accesories and costumes not for their gender/race, one of the main complains in this thread so far I have read.

Anyway, I don't think EME can change that at this point so reducing the token cost for that lootbox will be the only way to please some people here.
  • Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TY BABBEL!
  • 25/30
    20/25 tokens
  • The main complaint here is the lootboxes' price...the fact that we can get mostly accessories is annoying too? Yes, it is...

But this is another issue...it's an accepting loss...it's like buying a bunch of lootboxes at the store,knowing you're burning cash trying to get something nice and have a lot of chances to get only consumables...it's a bummer, but we all knew of the risks when we bought the boxes, so we have to deal with it...it's part of the game...nobody here is taking the costumes for granted,hoping to get one at the 1st try...but we want our chances on the matter...not just one chance per day after a lot of grinding (or one chance after a lot of days grinding,for those ppl who plays with one character or have only a few...)

now,it's common knowledge that is very VERY difficult to get something nice trying your luck in just one lootbox...so people wanna raise their chances being able to buy more than one...because numbers may help (and it helps most of the time)...the 1st situation is pretty much one of a kind (and getting a costume at 1st try,only for it to be for another race/gender wouldn't help at all lol)...but being able to buy more than one lootbox is pleasing, even if we take a lot of time to get a simple costume...

because the quantity of lootboxes pushes us to work on it...makes the time and effort worthwhile...i may spend a whole day grinding,then buying lootboxes after all the effort done and still get nothing...but i had my chances and i'll be able to have more if i go to the event the next day and try my luck again...see where i'm getting at? the more the chances, more i'll try on the event...it's the same logic with most people...

so the lootbox price needs to be lowered ASAP...the lootbox is the core of the event...so you guys at enmasse should consider it (sorry,i couldn't resist -smacks myself with a sledgehammer-)

as babbelsim suggested, 30/40 beach tokens per lootbox and 20/25 temple tokens per lootbox sounds pretty reasonable to me...it'll surely convinces more people to go to the event...

make it happen enmasse,please...
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    The major draw is being able to collect the little medals and get a cute/cool summer swimsuit thing for your character right? Then here's what I propose:

- Keep the current contents the same, but reduce the price to last year's numbers (20 beach/10 temple medals). If nothing else, it allows "lighter" players (<5 characters) to not feel like they're grinding their lives away just to get something inconsequential.
    - Make lootboxes for accessories with last year's prices, and have the outfits themselves be direct purchase but keep the prices as they are now (150/62 medals). Increase the price of customs (read: dyeable outfits) to balance. This way people an get the exact outfit they want in relatively short order and having a matching accessory thus becomes a neat bonus.
    - Make all items available for direct purchase, with accessories being 20/10 medals, basic outfits being 150/62 medals, and customs (see above) being, say, 200/100 medals. All RNG is removed, and most (if not all) players can achieve the specific look they want for whatever characters they want with no hassle.

How about it? Yay? Nay?
  • SageWindu wrote: »
    The major draw is being able to collect the little medals and get a cute/cool summer swimsuit thing for your character right? Then here's what I propose:

- Keep the current contents the same, but reduce the price to last year's numbers (20 beach/10 temple medals). If nothing else, it allows "lighter" players (<5 characters) to not feel like they're grinding their lives away just to get something inconsequential.
    - Make lootboxes for accessories with last year's prices, and have the outfits themselves be direct purchase but keep the prices as they are now (150/62 medals). Increase the price of customs (read: dyeable outfits) to balance. This way people an get the exact outfit they want in relatively short order and having a matching accessory thus becomes a neat bonus.
    - Make all items available for direct purchase, with accessories being 20/10 medals, basic outfits being 150/62 medals, and customs (see above) being, say, 200/100 medals. All RNG is removed, and most (if not all) players can achieve the specific look they want for whatever characters they want with no hassle.

How about it? Yay? Nay?

I rather like this idea, but perhaps think that may be a little bit too generous. If this was done at least the costumes would have to be bind to account to prevent the broker being flooded and thus causing next years event to be even more stingy. The dyeables should remain as RNG to be fair as they are selling for big money, both as EMP purchases and on the broker. However if RNG at a low chance keep them tradeable so as people can sell the ones they don't like/give them to friends who have the race/gender to match the swimsuit.
    It's really a fine balancing act, sadly this time EME seem to have put an elephant on a seesaw with an Elin to try and balance things.. aka swung the nerf bat rather too hard. Middle ground is what should be sought so as people still buy from the store, but also actually doing the event remains fun rather than being a case of "OMG I have to grind 8 characters through this every day to perhaps get one useable swimsuit for my main character, but most likely end up with a load of Baraka/Amani stuff"
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2018
    30 / 25 medalions will be ok
    Agree with @ElinUsagi current could be ok if they
    1 contain swimsuit for sure
    2 matching gender and race
  • McOnosRepMcOnosRep ✭✭✭
    @SingleBear @CobaltDragon

This is great news - thank you!
This discussion has been closed.